Greed and Stupidity on the Right.

ron4342

VIP Member
Feb 29, 2012
The amount of SNAP benefits a person receives are about to be lowered thanks to republicans voting to lower money going to the SNAP program. The republicans are defending this reduction by saying that there are to many freeloaders in the program. Saying such a thing speaks to the stupidity and ignorance of republicans in the legislature. Here are the facts that are being ignored:
Myth #3: SNAP is rife with fraud and abuse.

FACT: “SNAP has one of the most rigorous quality control systems of any public benefit program,” according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. SNAP fraud has actually been cut by three-quarters over the past 15 years, and the program’s error rate is at an all-time low of less than 3 percent. The introduction of EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) cards has dramatically reduced consumer fraud. According to the USDA, the small amount of fraud that continues is usually on the part of retailers, not consumers.
6 SNAP (Food Stamp) Myths | Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger

The bottom line here is that republicans will take food out of the mouths of 97 people because 3 people are committing fraud.
Adding to this stupidity is the fact that the republicans think that most of the people on the SNAP program could be out earning a living by getting a job. That sounds wonderful if you haven't got a brain but here are some unpleasant facts that flush that nonsense down the drain.

"More than 47 million people in the United States now rely on food stamps. That’s about 15 percent of the population, or one in seven Americans. Of those, 47 percent are children under 18, and 8 percent are seniors, according to the USDA."
The fight over food stamps explained

In other words, over 50% of the people on the SNAP program are either to young to get a job or to old to hold a job.
And as for the 53% that are of working age, most of them do have jobs. However the jobs they have (McDonald,s,Wal Mart, etc) do not pay a living wage thanks to republicans refusal to raise the minimum wage.
And republicans still argue they are not at war with the poor. How they can do so with a straight face is beyond me.

You're telling me people are going to starve because they recieve $10 less than they currently do?

Even a child could earn $10 in a month.

You're telling me people are going to starve because they recieve $10 less than they currently do?

Even a child could earn $10 in a month.
Hummmmm ...." Even a child could earn $10 in a month." Hummmmm......
So you agree with newt gingrich when he called for the child-labor laws to be repealed. Oh, and here is something you might give a thought to; The phrase "...children under 18, ...." refers to childen under 1 year old, under 2 years old, under 3 years old, under 4 years old, ..., under 18 years old. Pray tell, what kind of a job should 3 year olds be looking for?

Amazing that republicans managed to get that one signed in all by themselves. Truly amazing.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
A child should be free to work at anything they can handle.

You act like work is a bad thing. Work is one of the greatest things a man can have.

Instead of lowering it across the board (which another proof of government stupidity and inefficiency) all those who are 400%, 300%and 200% poverty level should have been cut off. A single person making 22 K per year can feed herself without a problem - and that is 200% level.

Only republicans voted on this and it passed!?!?!

Awesome!
This does not have to do with new law and thus does not need a Senate vote or presidential signature. It has to do with the funding of a bill that has already been passed.
United States to Fall Off ‘Hunger Cliff’ Friday, Hitting Women and Families Hardest

by Emily Crockett, Reporting Fellow, RH Reality Check

October 31, 2013 - 5:32 pm

Advocates are warning that the United States will go over a “
hunger cliff” Friday, when benefits to all food stamp recipients will decrease, with women and children particularly affected.

“This is the first time in the history of the program that an across-the-board reduction of benefits will take place,” Triada Stampas, director of governmental relations and public education at the Food Bank for New York City, told RH Reality Check.
http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2013/10/31/united-states-to-fall-off-hunger-cliff-friday-hitting-women-and-families-hardest/

I suggest you Google "Hunger cliff" for more stories like this.

Republicans are idiots, they vote to outsource the jobs and offshore the companies then bitch about too many freeloaders !!!!!!!!!!

Yeah the party on the way out !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, just stop this bullshit about hunger cliff. People earning 400%or even 200% poverty level are absolutely able to feed themselves - children or no children. A family of 4 having 60k per year is not poor - and they are eligible for the SNAP program.

As I said above - the ones at or below powerty level should have been left on it. Everyone else should have been cut off

Amazing that republicans managed to get that one signed in all by themselves. Truly amazing.
I repeat, this was not a new bill and thus did not need Senate approval and a presidential signature. It has to do with the funding of a bill that has already been passed and has been in operation for years. As the House handles the pocketbook they are able to lower the money allotted to the SNAP program without any other approval needed. You can cease being amazed.

I repeat, this was not a new bill and thus did not need Senate approval and a presidential signature. It has to do with the funding of a bill that has already been passed and has been in operation for years. As the House handles the pocketbook they are able to lower the money allotted to the SNAP program without any other approval needed. You can cease being amazed.

Nothing wrong with cutting SNAP program . People earning 200% and up to 400% of the poverty level should not have been receiving it to start with.

And you can blame your beloved gubmint that instead of cutting off those who do not need it they cut it off across the board - just proves yet again the stupidity and ineffectiveness of the gubmint

the Stupid left/liberals/Democrats/Progressive and their spreading division of this country STIKES again

they won't be happy until we don't have a country left or any Freedoms that's for sure

Oh, just stop this bullshit about hunger cliff. People earning 400%or even 200% poverty level are absolutely able to feed themselves - children or no children. A family of 4 having 60k per year is not poor - and they are eligible for the SNAP program.

As I said above - the ones at or below powerty level should have been left on it. Everyone else should have been cut off
vox posted:
Instead of lowering it across the board (which another proof of government stupidity and inefficiency) all those who are 400%, 300%and 200% poverty level should have been cut off. A single person making 22 K per year can feed herself without a problem - and that is 200% level.

Ron replied:
Google "Hunger cliff." Once you have educated yourself and know what you are talking about feel free to comeback.

the op is troll, who post nothing but hate and division for pot stirring

just look at the title for an Example

Last edited:
I have seen all kinds of personal attacks and opinions but what I haven't seen is anybody refute the facts in the OP. And that includes you, Stephanie. What I have seen from Stephanie is ignorance, laziness, and a willingness to spread lies.

I have seen all kinds of personal attacks and opinions but what I haven't seen is anybody refute the facts in the OP. And that includes you, Stephanie. What I have seen from Stephanie is ignorance, laziness, and a willingness to spread lies.

you post a title that says, greed and stupidity on the right and then sit here and poo poo your diaper when you are called out for what you are

you are the ignorant, lazy pos and can go to hell

vox posted:

Ron replied:
Google "Hunger cliff." Once you have educated yourself and know what you are talking about feel free to comeback.

You stupid partisan hack with inability to analyze the written words - an individual earning 22K dollars per year is not hungryand should not be receiving any food stamps whatsoever. Same is pertinent for a family of 4 and having 40k per year - they are not hungry.

If your stupid gubmint does not distinguish between the individuals which really would be affected by the cut and those which should not be on it to start with - that is the problem with stupid gubmint.

I know what hunger is from personal experience, not from phony articles

Forum List

Back