Greed and Stupidity on the Right.

These dependent folk would have no need to go hungry if bleeding heart liberals really cared about them and put their money where their whiny loud mouths and faux compassion derive from...

no kidding, they aren't out gathering food to feed these poor helpless people, they just sit on their high and mighty ass and wail about how people will be hungry on some message board because they will LOSE a few bucks from the Taxpayers

typical

Here are a few suggestions for the "starving" individuals and families. I know they are workable and valid, because I experienced them myself, when there were no food stamps, but there was self-respect never needing them:

Buy day old bread at half price.

Use the discounted meat section, where you can find choice cuts of meat that are about a week away from their "best before" date.

Buy dry beans, lentils, rather than the canned variety. You'll find that your dollar will go at least twice the distance.

Buy flour and use your imagination what to mix with it. You may be surprised, but only if you never read the classic "Grapes of Wrath".

Speaking of which, is any of today's food stamp recipients have any idea what true poverty is?

Only republicans voted on this and it passed!?!?!

Awesome!
This does not have to do with new law and thus does not need a Senate vote or presidential signature. It has to do with the funding of a bill that has already been passed.
United States to Fall Off ‘Hunger Cliff’ Friday, Hitting Women and Families Hardest

by Emily Crockett, Reporting Fellow, RH Reality Check

October 31, 2013 - 5:32 pm

Advocates are warning that the United States will go over a “
hunger cliff” Friday, when benefits to all food stamp recipients will decrease, with women and children particularly affected.

“This is the first time in the history of the program that an across-the-board reduction of benefits will take place,” Triada Stampas, director of governmental relations and public education at the Food Bank for New York City, told RH Reality Check.
http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2013/10/31/united-states-to-fall-off-hunger-cliff-friday-hitting-women-and-families-hardest/

I suggest you Google "Hunger cliff" for more stories like this.

So, when I go look, only republicans will be named in this particular motion?

omg, people are going over a Hunger cliff?

first they wail Americans are obese fat slobs, now they are going to starve to death

the propaganda that some swallow and spread is embarrassing

You're telling me people are going to starve because they recieve $10 less than they currently do?

Even a child could earn $10 in a month.

That's the plan, isn't it. Get rid of those damn Federal Regulations on Child Labor, starve the poor so they work for peanuts, and eliminate the death tax so children born with a silver spoon in their mouth can go to Harvard, graduate without debt and get $1,000,000,000 from Daddy as a graduation present.

Callous Conservatism, a new way backwards.

It's amazing.. The left has no problem taking $200 a month more out of my take home pay to pay for Obama care, but to cut $32.00 from someone's welfare is too horrible to imagine.

what is wrong with these assholes?

The amount of SNAP benefits a person receives are about to be lowered thanks to republicans voting to lower money going to the SNAP program. The republicans are defending this reduction by saying that there are to many freeloaders in the program. Saying such a thing speaks to the stupidity and ignorance of republicans in the legislature. Here are the facts that are being ignored:
Myth #3: SNAP is rife with fraud and abuse.

FACT: “SNAP has one of the most rigorous quality control systems of any public benefit program,” according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. SNAP fraud has actually been cut by three-quarters over the past 15 years, and the program’s error rate is at an all-time low of less than 3 percent. The introduction of EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) cards has dramatically reduced consumer fraud. According to the USDA, the small amount of fraud that continues is usually on the part of retailers, not consumers.
6 SNAP (Food Stamp) Myths | Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger

The bottom line here is that republicans will take food out of the mouths of 97 people because 3 people are committing fraud.
Adding to this stupidity is the fact that the republicans think that most of the people on the SNAP program could be out earning a living by getting a job. That sounds wonderful if you haven't got a brain but here are some unpleasant facts that flush that nonsense down the drain.

"More than 47 million people in the United States now rely on food stamps. That’s about 15 percent of the population, or one in seven Americans. Of those, 47 percent are children under 18, and 8 percent are seniors, according to the USDA."
The fight over food stamps explained

In other words, over 50% of the people on the SNAP program are either to young to get a job or to old to hold a job.
And as for the 53% that are of working age, most of them do have jobs. However the jobs they have (McDonald,s,Wal Mart, etc) do not pay a living wage thanks to republicans refusal to raise the minimum wage.
And republicans still argue they are not at war with the poor. How they can do so with a straight face is beyond me.

No, you fucking idiot. Foodstamps are being lowered now because it's the end of the retarded STIMULUS that did nothing to help anyone.

"There's a big automatic cut scheduled for Nov. 1, as a temporary boost from the 2009 stimulus bill expires. That change will trim about $5 billion from federal food-stamp spending over the coming year."

"1) The end of the stimulus boost. First up is a big automatic cut to SNAP scheduled for Nov. 1. This is happening because the food-stamp program was temporarily expanded in 2009 as part of the Recovery Act. That bill spent $45.2 billion to increase monthly benefit levels to around $133, on average"

The cuts from Congress haven't even been determined yet. We aren't even sure they'll happen.

What know-nothings you lefties are.

Food stamps will get cut by $5 billion this week ? and more cuts could follow

first they wail Americans are obese fat slobs, now they are going to starve to death

It is not as embarrassing as witnessing your lack of knowledge.
Today SNAP money was cut back for millions of Americans. If they were having a tough time making ends meet in the past, it will be even tougher now. What is truly heartbreaking and being totally ignored is that this cutback will hit woman and children the hardest.
Now stephanie, before you once again choose to make an ass of yourself, take the time to read the links in the OP. I will even save you the time of going back to the OP and reprint the link for you. For the love of God, educate yourself and stop engaging your mouth before your mind.

Above is the link that tells who is going to get hurt and why they will get hurt.

Above is the link that debunks the lies about fraud in the SNAP program.

427894_4245690792324_371655425_n.jpeg

No one's ever been able to rationally explain this, ron. Maybe you could give it a shot.

Today SNAP money was cut back for millions of Americans. If they were having a tough time making ends meet in the past, it will be even tougher now. What is truly heartbreaking and being totally ignored is that this cutback will hit woman and children the hardest.
Now stephanie, before you once again choose to make an ass of yourself, take the time to read the links in the OP. I will even save you the time of going back to the OP and reprint the link for you. For the love of God, educate yourself and stop engaging your mouth before your mind.

Above is the link that tells who is going to get hurt and why they will get hurt.

If I was really having a tough time, do you know what I'd do? work two jobs, pick up recyclable metals for cash, and yes I have done that for extra money, scrap copper is going for over 3.00 a pound. I'll do a remodel and tear out the old copper and can get as much as three to five thousand dollars on a big job.

No one's ever been able to rationally explain this, ron. Maybe you could give it a shot.
Answer these questions: Read the links I posted and then answer the questions I have posed.

Exactly who is the "somebody" who is having money taken from them? (Here is a hint, it damn sure is not Thomas Sowell or the 1%)

Who exactly will benefit and who will suffer from the cutting of SNAP benefits? (Here is another hint: It is not the people who are in the middle or on the top who will suffer but the people on the bottom who will.)
Basically what you are saying is "Fuck them! Take their funds away. Let them die, I do not want to help my fellow Americans." And don't say that is not so because taking away their benefits when they are already stretched to the limit is exactly what you are calling for.

Last edited:

Answer these questions: Read the links I posted and then answer the questions I have posed.

Exactly who is the "somebody" who is having money taken from them? (Here is a hint, it damn sure is not Thomas Sowell or the 1%)

Who exactly will benefit from the cutting of SNAP benefits? (Here is another hint: It is not the people who are on the bottom of our society and who are having a tough time making ends meet.)
So Gubmint at the point of a gun has to STEAL from others to give to moochers as yourself? IT'S NOT their place...and WEALTH ENVY isn't pretty...It isn't who we are as a Republic...

IDIOT.

If I was really having a tough time, do you know what I'd do? work two jobs, pick up recyclable metals for cash, and yes I have done that for extra money, scrap copper is going for over 3.00 a pound. I'll do a remodel and tear out the old copper and can get as much as three to five thousand dollars on a big job.
Great idea bigrebnc! If you read the links in the OP you know that almost 50% of the people receiving help are 18 or below.
Give me a couple of examples of a couple of jobs a 3 year old or a 5 year old can handle? About 8% are over 65. They should have no problem getting two jobs and working 14 to 16 hours a day. Oh, and about that remodel job, do you think a 10 or 12 year old could tear out the copper from a remodel? And what if there is no remodels around where they live. What if adults (like you) have already captured the remodels? What then?

What you seem unwilling to understand is that many of those on the SNAP program are already working but they are not making enough to survive. Secondly, many of those on SNAP are unable to do the kinds of jobs you can do. Saying "What I would do ...." does not apply to others who are woman, disabled or have young children to care for.
I have posted two links in the OP. READ THEM.
READ THE FUCKING LINKS IN THE OP BEFORE YOU MAKE IGNORANT STATEMENTS.

Who exactly will benefit from the cutting of SNAP benefits? (Here is another hint: It is not the people who are on the bottom of our society and who are having a tough time making ends meet.)
So Gubmint at the point of a gun has to STEAL from others to give to moochers as yourself? IT'S NOT their place...and WEALTH ENVY isn't pretty...It isn't who we are as a Republic...

IDIOT.
How about SURVIVAL ENVY? That is not very pretty either. We are not talking about people who want to be wealthy, we are talking about people who want to eat. We are talking about people at the absolute bottom of our society. I am curious, do you think this country should just let them starve to death, because that is really what you are defending.
Cut their money, let them slowly starve to death, and fuck them. I don't want to help them.

Last edited:

Great idea bigrebnc! If you read the links in the OP you know that almost 50% of the people receiving help are 18 or below.
Give me a couple of examples of a couple of jobs a 3 year old or a 5 year old can handle? About 8% are over 65. They should have no problem getting two jobs and working 14 to 16 hours a day. Oh, and about that remodel job, do you think a 10 or 12 year old could tear out the copper from a remodel? And what if there is no remodels around where they live. What if adults (like you) have already captured the remodels? What then?

What you seem unwilling to understand is that many of those on the SNAP program are already working but they are not making enough to survive. Secondly, many of those on SNAP are unable to do the kinds of jobs you can do. Saying "What I would do ...." does not apply to others who are woman, disabled or have young children to care for.
I have posted two links in the OP. READ THEM.
READ THE FUCKING LINKS IN THE OP BEFORE YOU MAKE IGNORANT STATEMENTS.

What the fuck does your for the children bull shit have to do with anything? God damn with you cock sucking liberals what about the children lame ass excuse for fucking lazy sorry ass moochers.

"There's a big automatic cut scheduled for Nov. 1, as a temporary boost from the 2009 stimulus bill expires. That change will trim about $5 billion from federal food-stamp spending over the coming year."

"1) The end of the stimulus boost. First up is a big automatic cut to SNAP scheduled for Nov. 1. This is happening because the food-stamp program was temporarily expanded in 2009 as part of the Recovery Act. That bill spent $45.2 billion to increase monthly benefit levels to around $133, on average"

The cuts from Congress haven't even been determined yet. We aren't even sure they'll happen.

What know-nothings you lefties are.

Food stamps will get cut by $5 billion this week ? and more cuts could follow

Gee, ain't that swell. The callous radical Republicans cut $5 billion after wasting $24 Billion on the Gov't Shutdown. Very fiscally responsible that group.

Forum List

Back