Greed and Stupidity on the Right.

If I was really having a tough time, do you know what I'd do? work two jobs, pick up recyclable metals for cash, and yes I have done that for extra money, scrap copper is going for over 3.00 a pound. I'll do a remodel and tear out the old copper and can get as much as three to five thousand dollars on a big job.
Great idea bigrebnc! If you read the links in the OP you know that almost 50% of the people receiving help are 18 or below.
Give me a couple of examples of a couple of jobs a 3 year old or a 5 year old can handle? About 8% are over 65. They should have no problem getting two jobs and working 14 to 16 hours a day. Oh, and about that remodel job, do you think a 10 or 12 year old could tear out the copper from a remodel? And what if there is no remodels around where they live. What if adults (like you) have already captured the remodels? What then?

What you seem unwilling to understand is that many of those on the SNAP program are already working but they are not making enough to survive. Secondly, many of those on SNAP are unable to do the kinds of jobs you can do. Saying "What I would do ...." does not apply to others who are woman, disabled or have young children to care for.
I have posted two links in the OP. READ THEM.
READ THE FUCKING LINKS IN THE OP BEFORE YOU MAKE IGNORANT STATEMENTS.

What the fuck does your for the children bull shit have to do with anything? God damn with you cock sucking liberals what about the children lame ass excuse for fucking lazy sorry ass moochers.

Wow, how vulgar. Been drinking too much tonight or are you always an asshole?

Great idea bigrebnc! If you read the links in the OP you know that almost 50% of the people receiving help are 18 or below.
Give me a couple of examples of a couple of jobs a 3 year old or a 5 year old can handle? About 8% are over 65. They should have no problem getting two jobs and working 14 to 16 hours a day. Oh, and about that remodel job, do you think a 10 or 12 year old could tear out the copper from a remodel? And what if there is no remodels around where they live. What if adults (like you) have already captured the remodels? What then?

What you seem unwilling to understand is that many of those on the SNAP program are already working but they are not making enough to survive. Secondly, many of those on SNAP are unable to do the kinds of jobs you can do. Saying "What I would do ...." does not apply to others who are woman, disabled or have young children to care for.
I have posted two links in the OP. READ THEM.
READ THE FUCKING LINKS IN THE OP BEFORE YOU MAKE IGNORANT STATEMENTS.

What the fuck does your for the children bull shit have to do with anything? God damn with you cock sucking liberals what about the children lame ass excuse for fucking lazy sorry ass moochers.

Wow, how vulgar. Been drinking too much tonight or are you always an asshole?
I may have been vulgar but it was truthful and at this point and time civility can kiss my ass.

You're telling me people are going to starve because they recieve $10 less than they currently do?

Even a child could earn $10 in a month.

The cuts happen because of obama's policy but they will not blame obama. Seems they are jocking for postions to blame republicans. Coming soon it's all bushes fault. :eusa_whistle:

The amount of SNAP benefits a person receives are about to be lowered thanks to republicans voting to lower money going to the SNAP program. The republicans are defending this reduction by saying that there are to many freeloaders in the program. Saying such a thing speaks to the stupidity and ignorance of republicans in the legislature. Here are the facts that are being ignored:
Myth #3: SNAP is rife with fraud and abuse.

FACT: “SNAP has one of the most rigorous quality control systems of any public benefit program,” according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. SNAP fraud has actually been cut by three-quarters over the past 15 years, and the program’s error rate is at an all-time low of less than 3 percent. The introduction of EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) cards has dramatically reduced consumer fraud. According to the USDA, the small amount of fraud that continues is usually on the part of retailers, not consumers.
6 SNAP (Food Stamp) Myths | Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger

The bottom line here is that republicans will take food out of the mouths of 97 people because 3 people are committing fraud.
Adding to this stupidity is the fact that the republicans think that most of the people on the SNAP program could be out earning a living by getting a job. That sounds wonderful if you haven't got a brain but here are some unpleasant facts that flush that nonsense down the drain.

"More than 47 million people in the United States now rely on food stamps. That’s about 15 percent of the population, or one in seven Americans. Of those, 47 percent are children under 18, and 8 percent are seniors, according to the USDA."
The fight over food stamps explained

In other words, over 50% of the people on the SNAP program are either to young to get a job or to old to hold a job.
And as for the 53% that are of working age, most of them do have jobs. However the jobs they have (McDonald,s,Wal Mart, etc) do not pay a living wage thanks to republicans refusal to raise the minimum wage.
And republicans still argue they are not at war with the poor. How they can do so with a straight face is beyond me.

Conservatives care nothing about the facts and evidence concerning public assistance, such as those receiving SNAP benefits are low income working Americans, and that the vast majority of those on public assistance receive benefits for only a short period of time, never to return.

The notion of the ‘chronic welfare abuser’ is a rightist contrivance and myth.

Instead of facts and evidence concerning public assistance, conservatives instead adhere blindly to rightist dogma predicated on lies, having nothing to do with the facts regarding food stamps or public assistance in general.

The poor are consequently inadvertent victims of conservatives’ reckless adherence to their failed dogma.

If kids can work and want to work or have to work, then they should work. That really goes for all the poor out there. The poor really kill me, almost as much as the stupid, but they are one in the same. I miss the days when the GOP only had to fend off the liberal "greed" argument. It was so easy to combat, especially if you are like me and love greed. It is what makes the world go round. All you needed to do was put on a half smile and tell the people that it was good for them to make more money. Now we need to fight the stupidity argument too, and I just can't do it. It's hard when half your party lives in the south where being poor and stupid is just a sophomore level high school class. (If they even make it there)

The amount of SNAP benefits a person receives are about to be lowered thanks to republicans voting to lower money going to the SNAP program. The republicans are defending this reduction by saying that there are to many freeloaders in the program. Saying such a thing speaks to the stupidity and ignorance of republicans in the legislature. Here are the facts that are being ignored:
Myth #3: SNAP is rife with fraud and abuse.

FACT: “SNAP has one of the most rigorous quality control systems of any public benefit program,” according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. SNAP fraud has actually been cut by three-quarters over the past 15 years, and the program’s error rate is at an all-time low of less than 3 percent. The introduction of EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) cards has dramatically reduced consumer fraud. According to the USDA, the small amount of fraud that continues is usually on the part of retailers, not consumers.

The bottom line here is that republicans will take food out of the mouths of 97 people because 3 people are committing fraud.
Adding to this stupidity is the fact that the republicans think that most of the people on the SNAP program could be out earning a living by getting a job. That sounds wonderful if you haven't got a brain but here are some unpleasant facts that flush that nonsense down the drain.

"More than 47 million people in the United States now rely on food stamps. That’s about 15 percent of the population, or one in seven Americans. Of those, 47 percent are children under 18, and 8 percent are seniors, according to the USDA."

In other words, over 50% of the people on the SNAP program are either to young to get a job or to old to hold a job.
And as for the 53% that are of working age, most of them do have jobs. However the jobs they have (McDonald,s,Wal Mart, etc) do not pay a living wage thanks to republicans refusal to raise the minimum wage.
And republicans still argue they are not at war with the poor. How they can do so with a straight face is beyond me.

Conservatives care nothing about the facts and evidence concerning public assistance, such as those receiving SNAP benefits are low income working Americans, and that the vast majority of those on public assistance receive benefits for only a short period of time, never to return.

The notion of the ‘chronic welfare abuser’ is a rightist contrivance and myth.

Instead of facts and evidence concerning public assistance, conservatives instead adhere blindly to rightist dogma predicated on lies, having nothing to do with the facts regarding food stamps or public assistance in general.

The poor are consequently inadvertent victims of conservatives’ reckless adherence to their failed dogma.

You pompous asshole. Ever been to the 9th ward? Generational.

Get back to me when you have. You walk in there. Tell me all about it.

Better yet. How about spending a night with me in downtown Detroit. I'll do it with you.

I'll be armed and ready. But we can hang out in a town that at one point rocked its face off that city was so cool.

No white man, no republican made these centers this way.

Come with me liberal. I'll hang with you as lily white as I am in downtown New Orleans or downtown Detroit.

I mean it.

Fly me in. Learn a lesson or two. I'm game to show you.

You're telling me people are going to starve because they recieve $10 less than they currently do?

The cuts happen because of obama's policy but they will not blame obama. Seems they are jocking for postions to blame republicans. Coming soon it's all bushes fault. :eusa_whistle:
Try to twist it around but the cuts had absolutely NOTHING to do with Obama. In other words you are speaking out of your ass without knowing a thing about the cuts. The cuts were made by the republicans in the House. The Senate had nothing to do with those cuts. Obama had nothing to do with those cuts<PERIOD>

If kids can work and want to work or have to work, then they should work. That really goes for all the poor out there. The poor really kill me, almost as much as the stupid, but they are one in the same. I miss the days when the GOP only had to fend off the liberal "greed" argument. It was so easy to combat, especially if you are like me and love greed. It is what makes the world go round. All you needed to do was put on a half smile and tell the people that it was good for them to make more money. Now we need to fight the stupidity argument too, and I just can't do it. It's hard when half your party lives in the south where being poor and stupid is just a sophomore level high school class. (If they even make it there)
What a stupid and greedy piece of shit you are. Fourty-seven percent of those on SNAP are less than 18 years of age and you want them to go to work. So tell me shit-for-brains, exactly what job do you want 5 year olds doing? How about 3 year olds? Got to be jobs for 3 year olds. What about 10 year olds? Maybe we can get them jobs carrying bricks at construction sites. That seems like the type of job you would approve of.

Try to twist it around but the cuts had absolutely NOTHING to do with Obama. In other words you are speaking out of your ass without knowing a thing about the cuts. The cuts were made by the republicans in the House. The Senate had nothing to do with those cuts. Obama had nothing to do with those cuts<PERIOD>
Remain stupid I don't care and it doesn't change a damn thing about obama's policy doing this.

Rdean and Obabbles fear is that if the poor get jobs they will escape their dependence on the kings largesse and be free. Not a good idea for slave owners.

vox posted:
[Instead of lowering it across the board (which another proof of government stupidity and inefficiency) all those who are 400%, 300%and 200% poverty level should have been cut off. A single person making 22 K per year can feed herself without a problem - and that is 200% level.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Ron replied:FONT=Arial]Google "Hunger cliff." Once you have educated yourself and know what you are talking about feel free to comeback.

You stupid partisan hack with inability to analyze the written words - an individual earning 22K dollars per year is not hungryand should not be receiving any food stamps whatsoever. Same is pertinent for a family of 4 and having 40k per year - they are not hungry.

If your stupid gubmint does not distinguish between the individuals which really would be affected by the cut and those which should not be on it to start with - that is the problem with stupid gubmint.

I know what hunger is from personal experience, not from phony articles​
Still haven't read the links I gave you.
[/SIZE]
AM VOX. I KNOW WHAT I BELIEVE AND I REFUSE TO BE CONFUSED BY FACTS OR TRUTHS.[FONT][/SIZE]​

Repeating to the stupid lying partisan hack - don't link me to some shitty lying dimocrap propaganda. I know what hunger is and I had been living at poverty level - your lying crap won't impress ME

Last edited:
Oh, just stop this bullshit about hunger cliff. People earning 400%or even 200% poverty level are absolutely able to feed themselves - children or no children. A family of 4 having 60k per year is not poor - and they are eligible for the SNAP program.

As I said above - the ones at or below powerty level should have been left on it. Everyone else should have been cut off

You have been wildly misinformed, VOX

Educate yourself http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=1269

Determining Eligibility
Under federal rules, to be eligible for benefits a household&#8217;s[1] income and resources must meet three tests:[2]
Its gross monthly income &#8212; that is, its income before any of the program&#8217;s deductions are applied &#8212; generally must be at or below 130 percent of the poverty line. For a family of three, the poverty line in federal fiscal year 2014 is $1,628 a month. Thus, 130 percent of the poverty line for a three-person family is $2,116 a month, or about $25,400 a year. The poverty level is higher for bigger families and lower for smaller families.[3]
Its net income, or income after deductions are applied, must be at or below the poverty line.
Its assets must fall below certain limits: households without an elderly or disabled member must have assets of $2,000 or less, and households with an elderly or disabled member must have assets of $3,250 or less.[4]
What counts as income? SNAP counts cash income from all sources, including earned income (before payroll taxes are deducted) and unearned income, such as cash assistance, Social Security, unemployment insurance, and child support.
What counts as an asset? Generally, amounts that could be available to the household to purchase food, such as amounts in bank accounts, count as assets. Items that are not accessible, such as the household&#8217;s home, personal property, and retirement savings, do not count. Most automobiles do not count.[5] States have the option to relax the asset limits, and many have done so.
Who is not eligible? Some categories of people are not eligible for SNAP regardless of their income or assets, such as individuals who are on strike, all undocumented immigrants, and certain legal immigrants.[6] Unemployed childless adults who do not have disabilities are limited to three months of SNAP benefits every three years in many areas of the country, though this time limit currently is temporarily waived in many states because of high unemployment.

Household Size Maximum
Monthly Benefit
October 2013 Maximum Monthly Benefit
November 2013-September 2014 Average
Monthly Benefit
Fiscal Year 2011*
1 $200 $189 $153
2 $367 $347 $272
3 $526 $497 $397
4 $668 $632 $489
5 $793 $750 $579
6 $952 $900 $675
7 $1,052 $995 $782
Each Additional Person $150 $142

What a stupid and greedy piece of shit you are. Fourty-seven percent of those on SNAP are less than 18 years of age and you want them to go to work. So tell me shit-for-brains, exactly what job do you want 5 year olds doing? How about 3 year olds? Got to be jobs for 3 year olds. What about 10 year olds? Maybe we can get them jobs carrying bricks at construction sites. That seems like the type of job you would approve of.

How about a novel idea............There Dads getting off their fat asses and carrying them bricks and SWEATING WITH THE REST OF US ON CONSTRUCTION SITES.

Spare me the false outrage, from the PARTY DESTROYING JOBS............

omg, people are going over a Hunger cliff?

first they wail Americans are obese fat slobs, now they are going to starve to death

the propaganda that some swallow and spread is embarrassing
It is not as embarrassing as witnessing your lack of knowledge.
Today SNAP money was cut back for millions of Americans. If they were having a tough time making ends meet in the past, it will be even tougher now. What is truly heartbreaking and being totally ignored is that this cutback will hit woman and children the hardest.
Now stephanie, before you once again choose to make an ass of yourself, take the time to read the links in the OP. I will even save you the time of going back to the OP and reprint the link for you. For the love of God, educate yourself and stop engaging your mouth before your mind.

Above is the link that tells who is going to get hurt and why they will get hurt.

Above is the link that debunks the lies about fraud in the SNAP program.
If I was really having a tough time, do you know what I'd do? work two jobs, pick up recyclable metals for cash, and yes I have done that for extra money, scrap copper is going for over 3.00 a pound. I'll do a remodel and tear out the old copper and can get as much as three to five thousand dollars on a big job.

There is no way you are pulling 1000 to 1600 POUNDS of copper out of a house. And you sure as fuk are not doing HUGE commercial jobs. You are just making shit up again. But it sounded good when you wrote it didn't it.

It is not as embarrassing as witnessing your lack of knowledge.
Today SNAP money was cut back for millions of Americans. If they were having a tough time making ends meet in the past, it will be even tougher now. What is truly heartbreaking and being totally ignored is that this cutback will hit woman and children the hardest.
Now stephanie, before you once again choose to make an ass of yourself, take the time to read the links in the OP. I will even save you the time of going back to the OP and reprint the link for you. For the love of God, educate yourself and stop engaging your mouth before your mind.

Above is the link that tells who is going to get hurt and why they will get hurt.

Above is the link that debunks the lies about fraud in the SNAP program.

There is no way you are pulling 1000 to 1600 POUNDS of copper out of a house. And you sure as fuk are not doing HUGE commercial jobs. You are just making shit up again. But it sounded good when you wrote it didn't it.

Who said anything about a house? I'm a commercial industrial plumber. I don't do houses I haven't in a very long time.

dude, companies don't "remodel" (your word) commercial/industrial sites. Home owners "remodel" their homes.

And when I have done work for large companies where we are tearing out valuable scrap. Guess what, those companies are taking their own scrap to the yards for their own benefit.

But sure, you are taking 1000 to 1600 hundred pounds of copper out of a plant and they are just giving it to you. Out of the goodness of their heart.

Or do you just work for the scrap value?

I've been scrapping a long time dude. Don't try and bull shit an ole scrapper. EVERYBODY knows the value of copper and aluminum now.

dude, companies don't "remodel" (your word) commercial/industrial sites. Home owners "remodel" their homes.

And when I have done work for large companies where we are tearing out valuable scrap. Guess what, those companies are taking their own scrap to the yards for their own benefit.

But sure, you are taking 1000 to 1600 hundred pounds of copper out of a plant and they are just giving it to you. Out of the goodness of their heart.

Or do you just work for the scrap value?

I've been scrapping a long time dude. Don't try and bull shit an ole scrapper. EVERYBODY knows the value of copper and aluminum now.

You know how much old copper potable and non-potable water lines med gas copper lines are in a hospital remodel? plus the scrap you don't use from the new copper that you used to replace what you took out?

oh and yes everybody knows the price of scrap copper but you

Current price for copper $3.68 per pound on the spot market. Prices for scrap copper are
#1 Bare Bright Wire $3.20 /lb.
#1 Copper Tubing/Flashing $2.95 /lb.
#2 Copper Tubing/Wire (Tin Coat) $2.70 /lb.
what is the current price of copper per pound - Ask Community
Number 1 would be without solder and number 2 would be fittings and copper with solder

Oh and yes they do call it remodeling on some jobs, on others they call it up-fitting, and even on other jobs they call it renovation What ever floats your boat.

Just in case you dispute that

http://www.tradeservice.com/copper_pricing/

Last edited:
Greed and Stupidity on the Right.
427894_4245690792324_371655425_n.jpeg

No one's ever been able to rationally explain this, ron. Maybe you could give it a shot.

A typical Democrat/progressive/liberal and therefore totally non-biased and no-racist explanation would be that this clown is nothing but a race-traitor Uncle Tom.

Forum List

Back