Greed and Stupidity on the Right.

You're telling me people are going to starve because they recieve $10 less than they currently do?

Even a child could earn $10 in a month.
Hummmmm ...." Even a child could earn $10 in a month." Hummmmm......
So you agree with newt gingrich when he called for the child-labor laws to be repealed. Oh, and here is something you might give a thought to; The phrase "...children under 18, ...." refers to childen under 1 year old, under 2 years old, under 3 years old, under 4 years old, ..., under 18 years old. Pray tell, what kind of a job should 3 year olds be looking for?

Nothing like the all or nothing straw man argument to bolster your point.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..........
Hey dummy, THERE IS NO STRAW MAN HERE. For your information there are 1 year olds receiving SNAP benefits. There are 2 year olds receiving SNAP benefits. There are 3 year olds receiving SNAP benefits. And on and on, Here is a thought, why don't you go back to the OP and read the two links I have provided. I doubt if you will do that because there is an outside chance you might educate yourself. By GOD, we can't have that, can we?

Amazing that republicans managed to get that one signed in all by themselves. Truly amazing.
I repeat, this was not a new bill and thus did not need Senate approval and a presidential signature. It has to do with the funding of a bill that has already been passed and has been in operation for years. As the House handles the pocketbook they are able to lower the money allotted to the SNAP program without any other approval needed. You can cease being amazed.

So...Write a check. Get your like thinking friends to write checks...Go volunteer by donating to food banks. When the Marines conduct their annual Toys for Tots program, donate.
Why must all charity be in the form of some new government entitlement that grows exponentially?

"Greed and stupidity"? Greed is good. We all want whatever we can get. The radical left apparently thinks "stupidity" is a political advantage so they made it the key defense of the Obama 2nd term.
I'll give you some greed. How about taking money away from the poorest people in this country by lowering their SNAP benefits. Better they should starve to death, right?

Want some stupidity? How about shutting the government down for 18 days at a cost of $24 billion. That's $24,000,000,000 flushed down the drain for absolutely no reason. And this from the party that considers itself fiscally responsible. THAT IS STUPIDITY.

Oh, and by the way, if I understand correctly it looks like the TP
is planning on doing it all over again in January. They gained nothing the first time and now they want to do it again?

It is because of brilliant thinking like this that I no longer even consider voting republican.

Amazing that republicans managed to get that one signed in all by themselves. Truly amazing.
I repeat, this was not a new bill and thus did not need Senate approval and a presidential signature. It has to do with the funding of a bill that has already been passed and has been in operation for years. As the House handles the pocketbook they are able to lower the money allotted to the SNAP program without any other approval needed. You can cease being amazed.

So...Write a check. Get your like thinking friends to write checks...Go volunteer by donating to food banks. When the Marines conduct their annual Toys for Tots program, donate.
Why must all charity be in the form of some new government entitlement that grows exponentially?
My wife and I do donate. And we also don't cry about paying our taxes. That said, the food banks are being over run with people who cannot afford food. It is estimated that 1 child in 7 goes to bed hungry in this country. The wealthest country in the world and those with the most money have declared war on those with the least money and you choose to support the starving of your fellow Americans.
Now, you aren't going to believe me. EDUCATE YOURSELF and stop listening to those who are lying to you. For example, take a second to read the non-partisan links I provided in the OP. I doubt if you will. You know what you believe and you don't want to be confused by the truth or facts.

"Greed and stupidity"? Greed is good. We all want whatever we can get. The radical left apparently thinks "stupidity" is a political advantage so they made it the key defense of the Obama 2nd term.
I'll give you some greed. How about taking money away from the poorest people in this country by lowering their SNAP benefits. Better they should starve to death, right?

Want some stupidity? How about shutting the government down for 18 days at a cost of $24 billion. That's $24,000,000,000 flushed down the drain for absolutely no reason. And this from the party that considers itself fiscally responsible. THAT IS STUPIDITY.

is planning on doing it all over again in January. They gained nothing the first time and now they want to do it again?

It is because of brilliant thinking like this that I no longer even consider voting republican.

The fact is that the federal government programs are the least efficient way to do freaking anything.
A typical federal program has a hundred drones for every person they allegedly help. There are more religious and local and private food distribution networks in the US that really have an impact on poverty than the gigantic blind stupid federal bureaucracy. The radical left uses the Food Stamp program as a political and emotional tool and they don't give a crap about real Americans.

How did Republicans singlehandedly decide to reduce funding on a bill?
Do you know anything?

And let's get rid of this food stamp crap. It is nothing but a sop to big food companies. Allow local orgs to figure out who is truly needy and let them do their work.

The amount of SNAP benefits a person receives are about to be lowered thanks to republicans voting to lower money going to the SNAP program. The republicans are defending this reduction by saying that there are to many freeloaders in the program. Saying such a thing speaks to the stupidity and ignorance of republicans in the legislature. Here are the facts that are being ignored:
Myth #3: SNAP is rife with fraud and abuse.

FACT: “SNAP has one of the most rigorous quality control systems of any public benefit program,” according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. SNAP fraud has actually been cut by three-quarters over the past 15 years, and the program’s error rate is at an all-time low of less than 3 percent. The introduction of EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) cards has dramatically reduced consumer fraud. According to the USDA, the small amount of fraud that continues is usually on the part of retailers, not consumers.
6 SNAP (Food Stamp) Myths | Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger

The bottom line here is that republicans will take food out of the mouths of 97 people because 3 people are committing fraud.
Adding to this stupidity is the fact that the republicans think that most of the people on the SNAP program could be out earning a living by getting a job. That sounds wonderful if you haven't got a brain but here are some unpleasant facts that flush that nonsense down the drain.

"More than 47 million people in the United States now rely on food stamps. That’s about 15 percent of the population, or one in seven Americans. Of those, 47 percent are children under 18, and 8 percent are seniors, according to the USDA."
The fight over food stamps explained

In other words, over 50% of the people on the SNAP program are either to young to get a job or to old to hold a job.
And as for the 53% that are of working age, most of them do have jobs. However the jobs they have (McDonald,s,Wal Mart, etc) do not pay a living wage thanks to republicans refusal to raise the minimum wage.
And republicans still argue they are not at war with the poor. How they can do so with a straight face is beyond me.

The biggest problem we have right now is that so many companies are getting away with paying extremely low wages. These companies are counting on the fact that these people will receive things like food stamps to help them get buy. We are subsidizing all these companies that pay very low wages, while those at the top are getting richer and richer. And then everyone blames those collecting food stamps as being lazy. It's comical how misinformed these people are.

Only republicans voted on this and it passed!?!?!

Awesome!
This does not have to do with new law and thus does not need a Senate vote or presidential signature. It has to do with the funding of a bill that has already been passed.
United States to Fall Off ‘Hunger Cliff’ Friday, Hitting Women and Families Hardest

by Emily Crockett, Reporting Fellow, RH Reality Check

October 31, 2013 - 5:32 pm

Advocates are warning that the United States will go over a “
hunger cliff” Friday, when benefits to all food stamp recipients will decrease, with women and children particularly affected.

“This is the first time in the history of the program that an across-the-board reduction of benefits will take place,” Triada Stampas, director of governmental relations and public education at the Food Bank for New York City, told RH Reality Check.
http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2013/10/31/united-states-to-fall-off-hunger-cliff-friday-hitting-women-and-families-hardest/

I suggest you Google "Hunger cliff" for more stories like this.

ron you just banging you head agains the wall here when it comes to feeding children ... their beliefs is if a woman gets pregnant, she has to have that baby no matter what ... then after that baby is born its her problem to feed it not theirs ... as far as they are concerned, send it off to the coal mine to shove coal as soon as it pops out ...

If kids can work and want to work or have to work, then they should work. That really goes for all the poor out there. The poor really kill me, almost as much as the stupid, but they are one in the same. I miss the days when the GOP only had to fend off the liberal "greed" argument. It was so easy to combat, especially if you are like me and love greed. It is what makes the world go round. All you needed to do was put on a half smile and tell the people that it was good for them to make more money. Now we need to fight the stupidity argument too, and I just can't do it. It's hard when half your party lives in the south where being poor and stupid is just a sophomore level high school class. (If they even make it there)
What a stupid and greedy piece of shit you are. Fourty-seven percent of those on SNAP are less than 18 years of age and you want them to go to work. So tell me shit-for-brains, exactly what job do you want 5 year olds doing? How about 3 year olds? Got to be jobs for 3 year olds. What about 10 year olds? Maybe we can get them jobs carrying bricks at construction sites. That seems like the type of job you would approve of.

First, no matter how much I disagree with you, I would never call you the names you just used in your post, because my self-respect and dignity would prevent me from doing so.

Having said that, I was barely over 18 years of age when I got a job in a gold mine, shoveling about 5-8 tons of broken rock (called in mining terms: MUCKING) a day.

When the mine shut down, I used my savings from that job to support myself for ten months, while I enrolled in high school and got my diploma.

Never touched food stamp in my life.

You took it upon yourself to champion for those who got too comfortable in their lives at the expense of somebody else. Unless, of course, you, yourself are one of those free-loaders.

calling some one a free-loader isn't any worse then calling some one shit for brains ... its still degrading .... that fact that you feel the words free-loader is acceptable, or moocher is acceptable, or dead beat, or takers is ok its not is just as bad as calling some one a fuxsx head ... you may dress it up all you like by putting in your view of whats appropriate, its not ... its insulting and condescending ... as for you working in a goal mine you can't if under 18 years old ... not even barely under 18 or almost 18 ...you would be violating all laws concerning these type of jobs ...being you have to be 18 years old to go into a gold mine to work so don't come here and give us your, I worked sob story... any way you looked at it you failed in high school so you went to work in a gold mine to get your GED ... tell the truth ... one person self-respect is degrading anothers person dignity ... mr/mrs to much self-respect and dignity

The fact is that the federal government programs are the least efficient way to do freaking anything. NO PROOF PROVIDED FOR THIS STATEMENT.
A typical federal program has a hundred drones for every person they allegedly help. NO PROOF PROVIDED FOR THIS STATEMENT. There are more religious and local and private food distribution networks in the US that really have an impact on poverty than the gigantic blind stupid federal bureaucracy. WHAT YOU BELIEVE. PROVIDE PROOF. The radical left uses the Food Stamp program (THE FOOD STAMP PROGRAM IS NO LONGER IN EXISTANCE. WAKE UP.)as a political and emotional tool and they don't give a crap about real Americans. (THE RADICAL LEFT IS NOT THE GROUP THAT CUT MONEY FOR THE SNAP PROGRAM. IT WAS THE REPUBLICANS IN THE HOUSE. WHAT YOU HAVE GIVEN US IS YOUR OPINIONS. EDUCATE YOURSELF AND STOP PARROTING WHAT YOU ARE TOLD BY THE LIARS ON THE RIGHT.
You make a bunch of statement and you do do not provide a single bit of proof. NOT ONE PROOF! I have provided proof in the OP which you have probably not read. READ IT AND GET BACK TO US WHEN YOU CAN PROVIDE PROOF FOR THE CRAP YOU ARE POSTING.

Do you know anything?

And let's get rid of this food stamp crap. It is nothing but a sop to big food companies. Allow local orgs to figure out who is truly needy and let them do their work.
I know plenty. It is clear you know nothing!
Passing a bill requires both the House and the Senate to pass the bill. It then goes to the President where he can sign it into law or veto it.
But, once a bill is passed neither the President or the Senate has anything to do with the bill. However, the House handles the purse strings of the government and THEY have a voice in how bills are funded. They can choose to raise funding, keep it the same, or CUT FUNDING and the Senate and the President do not have a voice.
The bottom line is this: THE REPUBLICANS IN THE HOUSE HAVE CHOSEN TO CUT FUNDING FOR THE POOREST PEOPLE IN AMERICA. THEY HAVE CHOSEN TO ATTACK THE POOR BASED ON LIES THAT THEY BELIEVE.
For the love of God, EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!

the op is troll, who post nothing but hate and division for pot stirring
I have seen all kinds of personal attacks and opinions but what I haven't seen is anybody refute the facts in the OP. And that includes you, Stephanie. What I have seen from Stephanie is ignorance, laziness, and a willingness to spread lies.

You mean the fact that $10 less a month isn't going to starve anyone? Do you seriously think people are so incompetant that they can't find an extra $10 a month? How is that a personal attack? How is that unreasonable? And why do you have such a low opinion of your fellow man?
Ten dollars a month can have a huge affect on someone who is barely making ends me. But, let us turn this around, IS GIVING AN EXTRA 25 CENTS A WEEK GOING TO BREAK YOU IF IT MEANS IT WILL PUT FOOD ON THE PLATE OF SOMEONE WHO IS STARVING. What you are arguing for is greed. YOUR ARE ARGUING FOR TAKING MONEY AWAY FROM THE POOREST PEOPLE IN AMERICA AND TRYING TO JUSTIFY DOING SO.

Last edited by a moderator:
The amount of SNAP benefits a person receives are about to be lowered thanks to republicans voting to lower money going to the SNAP program. The republicans are defending this reduction by saying that there are to many freeloaders in the program. Saying such a thing speaks to the stupidity and ignorance of republicans in the legislature. Here are the facts that are being ignored:

FACT: “SNAP has one of the most rigorous quality control systems of any public benefit program,” according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. SNAP fraud has actually been cut by three-quarters over the past 15 years, and the program’s error rate is at an all-time low of less than 3 percent. The introduction of EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) cards has dramatically reduced consumer fraud. According to the USDA, the small amount of fraud that continues is usually on the part of retailers, not consumers.

The bottom line here is that republicans will take food out of the mouths of 97 people because 3 people are committing fraud.
Adding to this stupidity is the fact that the republicans think that most of the people on the SNAP program could be out earning a living by getting a job. That sounds wonderful if you haven't got a brain but here are some unpleasant facts that flush that nonsense down the drain.

"More than 47 million people in the United States now rely on food stamps. That’s about 15 percent of the population, or one in seven Americans. Of those, 47 percent are children under 18, and 8 percent are seniors, according to the USDA."

In other words, over 50% of the people on the SNAP program are either to young to get a job or to old to hold a job.
And as for the 53% that are of working age, most of them do have jobs. However the jobs they have (McDonald,s,Wal Mart, etc) do not pay a living wage thanks to republicans refusal to raise the minimum wage.
And republicans still argue they are not at war with the poor. How they can do so with a straight face is beyond me.

We just can't allow something as important as this to be in the hands of incompetent Republicans. Something has to happen, someone sane needs to step in.

The biggest problem we have right now is that so many companies are getting away with paying extremely low wages. These companies are counting on the fact that these people will receive things like food stamps to help them get buy. We are subsidizing all these companies that pay very low wages, while those at the top are getting richer and richer. And then everyone blames those collecting food stamps as being lazy. It's comical how misinformed these people are.

Willful ignorance combined with cognitive dissonance equals the Republican party platform, which they will defend to the bitter death.

Only republicans voted on this and it passed!?!?!

Awesome!
This does not have to do with new law and thus does not need a Senate vote or presidential signature. It has to do with the funding of a bill that has already been passed.
United States to Fall Off ‘Hunger Cliff’ Friday, Hitting Women and Families Hardest

by Emily Crockett, Reporting Fellow, RH Reality Check

October 31, 2013 - 5:32 pm

Advocates are warning that the United States will go over a “
hunger cliff” Friday, when benefits to all food stamp recipients will decrease, with women and children particularly affected.

“This is the first time in the history of the program that an across-the-board reduction of benefits will take place,” Triada Stampas, director of governmental relations and public education at the Food Bank for New York City, told RH Reality Check.
http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2013/10/31/united-states-to-fall-off-hunger-cliff-friday-hitting-women-and-families-hardest/

I suggest you Google "Hunger cliff" for more stories like this.

ron you just banging you head agains the wall here when it comes to feeding children ... their beliefs is if a woman gets pregnant, she has to have that baby no matter what ... then after that baby is born its her problem to feed it not theirs ... as far as they are concerned, send it off to the coal mine to shove coal as soon as it pops out ...

:lol:
you people are twisted...other peoples children after they are born are none of you people's business...you already have a lock on killing them with abortion, keep your nose's out of their lives after they are born
two faced hypocrites the whole bunch of you
and you got a atta boy for that stupid post
damn

you just have to laugh at these high and mighty phonies in these types of threads

they are in the party that supports ABORTION and has this (war on children), then uses them for their disgusting threads such as these..And then they drag in our seniors for good measure...

You people are two FACED hypocrites no if's and's or but's about it

you all make me ill you act like your shit doesn't stink

Last edited:

Do you know anything?

Passing a bill requires both the House and the Senate to pass the bill. It then goes to the President where he can sign it into law or veto it.
But, once a bill is passed neither the President or the Senate has anything to do with the bill. However, the House handles the purse strings of the government and THEY have a voice in how bills are funded. They can choose to raise funding, keep it the same, or CUT FUNDING and the Senate and the President do not have a voice.
The bottom line is this: THE REPUBLICANS IN THE HOUSE HAVE CHOSEN TO CUT FUNDING FOR THE POOREST PEOPLE IN AMERICA. THEY HAVE CHOSEN TO ATTACK THE POOR BASED ON LIES THAT THEY BELIEVE.

What mechanism does the House have for reducing funding on a program? Be very specifc here. How exactly do they do this?
This should be good.

Every company must pay at least minimum wage. So they are not "very low wages."
What min wage would you like to see? $50/hr? 100/hr? Would that solve our problems? Please show your work.
It is comical both how misinformed you are and how much you tell other people they are.

What a stupid and greedy piece of shit you are. Fourty-seven percent of those on SNAP are less than 18 years of age and you want them to go to work. So tell me shit-for-brains, exactly what job do you want 5 year olds doing? How about 3 year olds? Got to be jobs for 3 year olds. What about 10 year olds? Maybe we can get them jobs carrying bricks at construction sites. That seems like the type of job you would approve of.

First, no matter how much I disagree with you, I would never call you the names you just used in your post, because my self-respect and dignity would prevent me from doing so.

Having said that, I was barely over 18 years of age when I got a job in a gold mine, shoveling about 5-8 tons of broken rock (called in mining terms: MUCKING) a day.

When the mine shut down, I used my savings from that job to support myself for ten months, while I enrolled in high school and got my diploma.

Never touched food stamp in my life.

You took it upon yourself to champion for those who got too comfortable in their lives at the expense of somebody else. Unless, of course, you, yourself are one of those free-loaders.

calling some one a free-loader isn't any worse then calling some one shit for brains ... its still degrading .... that fact that you feel the words free-loader is acceptable, or moocher is acceptable, or dead beat, or takers is ok its not is just as bad as calling some one a fuxsx head ... you may dress it up all you like by putting in your view of whats appropriate, its not ... its insulting and condescending ... as for you working in a goal mine you can't if under 18 years old ... not even barely under 18 or almost 18 ...you would be violating all laws concerning these type of jobs ...being you have to be 18 years old to go into a gold mine to work so don't come here and give us your, I worked sob story... any way you looked at it you failed in high school so you went to work in a gold mine to get your GED ... tell the truth ... one person self-respect is degrading anothers person dignity ... mr/mrs to much self-respect and dignity
I opt for the second...and that is directed solely at YOU.

Do you know anything?

What mechanism does the House have for reducing funding on a program? Be very specifc here. How exactly do they do this?
This should be good.

Still waiting to hear how the House can appropriate funding single handedly without passing any bills.
This ought to be good.

Forum List

Back