Groklaw shuts down due to power of the Government

Jun 25, 2013
The Government is out of control and is ruling over us, not for us.

"On August 20 2013 an article appeared on Groklaw saying it was to be closed down due to government monitoring of the internet, particularly e-mail.[6] Jones wrote "What I do know is it's not possible to be fully human if you are being surveilled 24/7... I hope that makes it clear why I can't continue. There is now no shield from forced exposure." Some of the members are attempting to set up a discussion board to continue the work of the site"

The Government is out of control and is ruling over us, not for us.

"On August 20 2013 an article appeared on Groklaw saying it was to be closed down due to government monitoring of the internet, particularly e-mail.[6] Jones wrote "What I do know is it's not possible to be fully human if you are being surveilled 24/7... I hope that makes it clear why I can't continue. There is now no shield from forced exposure." Some of the members are attempting to set up a discussion board to continue the work of the site"

Very sad state of affairs, a useful and innovative site forced to shut itself down thanks to the criminality of Washington, one can only hope PJ will find another alternative and be able to continue her work, I also hope the same doesn't happen with slashdot. :(

USA: The Tyranny of Government

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Forum List

Back