Grumble, grumble, grumble, English teachers, Grumble

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Bookworm on Aug 22 2013 at 10:05 pm | Filed under: Education

Ever since my kids hit public school, I go through this every single Fall — “this” being the discovery that their English teachers are often border-line illiterate. I know that there are wonderful, literate English teachers out there (Mike McDaniel springs instantly to mind), but my children haven’t been lucky enough to get one. Without exception, the materials that the teachers send home are rife with grammatical errors. I admit I’m a bit more punctilious than most when it comes to things such as split infinitives, but these are people — no, not people, but English teachers for Gawd’s sake — who can’t even figure out subject/verb or subject/pronoun agreement.

This doesn't surprise me – I've seen the results online. Read more @ Bookworm Room » Grumble, grumble, grumble, English teachers, Grumble

:mad:

I bought a book complaining about the school system from a man who told me he was a high school English teacher. I was reading it and noticed errors. So I started high lighting them to let him know. But it got to be so many I just quit and did not even finish the book.

Read a lot of books and it becomes automatic. I don't even know what a split infinitive is.

psik

Forum List

Back