Guess Who's Opposing Legal Marijuana?

Just think of all the money we could raise in revenue if we legalized break ins and robbery? Just tax it, require a license. I mean MILLIONS of robberies and home break ins occur every year, we will never eradicate it. Think of the revenue we could get by simply ignoring morals and legalizing it.

You can always count on RGS to chime in with a blatant logical fallacy and make an ass out of himself in threads like these.

I bet ya PHARMA is against it as well....?

marijuana legalization could heal California's economic problems, not hurt it?

Nothings going to heal California economic problems as long as legislators are suckholing the Unions, over regulating and taxing businesses and driving them out of the state.

I also think legalizing pot sets a poor example for our children... and so does being a drunk for that matter..
Legalizing pot not only does not set a poor example for children, as evidenced by The Netherlands example in which decriminalization in 1976 has resulted in a reduction in use by minors, it makes marijuana more difficult for minors to obtain, as per the example of alcohol and tobacco.

Bullshit.. If I wanted to live in a socialized county and have the government control more of my life that would be fine but I don't. You can quote statistics and I can care less.

Just think of all the money we could raise in revenue if we legalized break ins and robbery? Just tax it, require a license. I mean MILLIONS of robberies and home break ins occur every year, we will never eradicate it. Think of the revenue we could get by simply ignoring morals and legalizing it.

Breaking into someone's home infringes upon their right to privacy, not to mention their property.

Someone smoking a joint in his house doesn't.

Your analogy is flawed.

Time to bring back hemp. Food, clothing, paper and fuel

Those are just more industries who have stood in the way of legalization for decades now.

You guys have hit on the real reason it is illegal. Or at least why it was made Illegal.

Chemical Companies like DOW saw Industrial hemp as a threat. The things you can make, cheaper and better from hemp, than from in many cases Petroleum products are a key factor in why it was made illegal.

I believe it was DOW that had just invented nylon rope, and coincidentally was a big funder of the campaign to demonize and criminalize pot. before nylon rope the only thing you could use in Ocean going Ships, and other applications where you needed rope that could stand up to corrosive conditions was HEMP rope.

Last edited:
Im sure, soon to be followed by the oil and lumber companies. They were the main ones instrumental in getting it banned in the first place...

Nothings going to heal California economic problems as long as legislators are suckholing the Unions, over regulating and taxing businesses and driving them out of the state.

Actually, DE-regulation has been extremely detrimental to California. Remember? Enron bilked 30 BILLION dollars out of California after deregulation of electricity and the cost of energy skyrocketed for consumers. Prices ALWAYS go up dramatically after de-regulation.

Time to bring back hemp. Food, clothing, paper and fuel

Those are just more industries who have stood in the way of legalization for decades now.

You guys have hit on the real reason it is illegal. Or at least why it was made Illegal.

Chemical Companies like DOW saw Industrial hemp as a threat. The things you can make, cheaper and better from hemp, than from in many cases Petroleum products are a key factor in why it was made illegal.

I believe it was DOW that had just invented nylon rope, and coincidentally was a big funder of the campaign to demonize and criminalize pot. before nylon rope the only thing you could use in Ocean going Ships, and other applications where you needed rope that could stand up to corrosive conditions was HEMP rope.

Yep. It's never been about health or well-being.

But health and well-being are certainly a good way to sell criminalization to the oblivious masses though.

just think of all the money we could raise in revenue if we legalized break ins and robbery? Just tax it, require a license. I mean millions of robberies and home break ins occur every year, we will never eradicate it. Think of the revenue we could get by simply ignoring morals and legalizing it.

what morality is being violated by one smoking a joint ??

I bet ya PHARMA is against it as well....?

marijuana legalization could heal California's economic problems, not hurt it?

It could save Washington State economic problems too.
If California can get Proposition 19 passed I am certain that most if not all of the states will follow in time.

It is estimated that around 40 million Americans use marijuana on a fairly regular basis, meaning about one ounce a month. While I haven't bought any marijuana since 1980 I understand that the current per ounce price ranges from $200 to $500, depending on quality. That's quite a bit of money to be piped to criminal syndicates.

If marijuana were legal the price could be significantly reduced, the quality and purity increased, and a substantial tax attached. Imagine the revenue available from approximately 40 million ounces of marijuana sold per month in the U.S., each producing a tax of $25 to $50.

It could resolve the Deficit while still giving the individual states a healthy piece of the action.

It looks as if you will get opposition from the black community in Californication,, they were opposed to gay marriage too remember?

This is the best you got? Comparing and Herb to Break ins and Robbery?

lol

he has a point.

Breaking into someone's home infringes upon their right to privacy, not to mention their property.

Your analogy is flawed.

So we can trust you want to throw illegals out of the country. Cause that's just what they've done.

Your analogy is flawed.

So we can trust you want to throw illegals out of the country. Cause that's just what they've done.

I'm opposed to anyone coming across our borders illegally.

Why is it always the FREEDOM loving conservatives who want to legislate their version of "morality"?

Why is it always the FREEDOM loving conservatives who want to legislate their version of "morality"?

Why do supposed freedom loving liberals want more government control over their lives , seems counter productive?

Last edited:

Your analogy is flawed.

But that doesn't answer the question does it? What are you willing to do about them breaking into our house and stealing from us?

Why do suppose freedom loving liberals want more government control over their lives , seems counter productive?

Really? I'm a liberal, and I want the government to stay the fuck away from me.

But that doesn't answer the question does it? What are you willing to do about them breaking into our house and stealing from us?

Are you fucking serious? :lol:

The same damn thing I'm willing to do about a US citizen breaking into someone's house.

What in the blue mother fucking HELL does this have to do with someone privately smoking a joint in the confines of his own home?

Forum List

Back