Gun confiscation has begun...

tjvh

May 10, 2012
New York State Police have begun cancelling Pistol Permits to people who have been prescribed anxiety medicine and seizing their guns, yet they have committed no crimes. Yup, the very thing every gun grabber assured us (confiscation) wouldn't happen is happening now in New York State. On a local talk radio show the question arose that if New York State is removing Rights and guns from people on anxiety medicines that they should also fire all State Troopers and revoke their pistol permits who have ever been prescribed those medications. Sounds fair to me.
Attorney: Use Anti-Anxiety Meds, Lose Pistol Permit - WBEN NewsRadio 930 : Buffalo & Niagara Falls, NY
Did Prescription Meds Cause Amherst Man's Pistol Permit to be Revoked? | WKBW News 7: News, Sports, Weather | Buffalo, NY | Top Stories

While I am a strong advocate for Second Amendment rights I find no fault with this radical move to confiscate firearms which are owned by or held in proximity with persons who are taking psychotropic medications.

Here's why: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOJzZjK4XHk]Psychiatric Drugs and Mass Shootings ?? - YouTube[/ame]

I'm embarrassed to admit I've been so uninformed about this overwhelming evidence of the real cause of all the recent school shootings. And I'm amazed at how the media has largely ignored the obvious source of the problem while allowing the blame to fall exclusively on guns.

New York State Police have begun cancelling Pistol Permits to people who have been prescribed anxiety medicine and seizing their guns, yet they have committed no crimes. Yup, the very thing every gun grabber assured us (confiscation) wouldn't happen is happening now in New York State. On a local talk radio show the question arose that if New York State is removing Rights and guns from people on anxiety medicines that they should also fire all State Troopers and revoke their pistol permits who have ever been prescribed those medications. Sounds fair to me.
Attorney: Use Anti-Anxiety Meds, Lose Pistol Permit - WBEN NewsRadio 930 : Buffalo & Niagara Falls, NY
Did Prescription Meds Cause Amherst Man's Pistol Permit to be Revoked? | WKBW News 7: News, Sports, Weather | Buffalo, NY | Top Stories

Isn't that private information? And even if the state does do that, it should only apply to those currently on medication. But you kow what happens when libs write the laws. Our rights go out the window.

Here are the steps in the left wing playbook:

1. Universal Background Checks
2. National Registry
3. Confiscation of guns from anyone deemed to be mentally unstable
4. Confiscation of guns from anyone deemed to be anti-government.
5. Closure of gun shows.
6. Closure of gun shops and gun ranges.
7. Gradual elimination of gun ownership through attrition.

Here are the steps in the left wing playbook:

1. Universal Background Checks
2. National Registry
3. Confiscation of guns from anyone deemed to be mentally unstable
4. Confiscation of guns from anyone deemed to be anti-government.
5. Closure of gun shows.
6. Closure of gun shops and gun ranges.
7. Gradual elimination of gun ownership through attrition.

And Oregon wants to grab our guns, also, but not if enough voters hear what this man is saying.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1ABw6IMKn0]COMMUNISM SURVIVOR BLASTS SALEM GUN GRABBERS: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT FREEDOM IS!" - YouTube[/ame]

What? thats what a over 40 year old law says who is not supposed to own a handgun.
Who Cannot Have a Gun in America? - U.S. Government Info/Resources

Persons who are unlawful users of, or addicted to, any controlled substance;

Sorry, you are wrong. Many people in Law enforcement have been prescribed anxiety medication, should they be fired and their guns confiscated? As of late today the New York State Police have admitted that they made a mistake, and at least one guy is getting his guns back.

Last edited:
While I am a strong advocate for Second Amendment rights I find no fault with this radical move to confiscate firearms which are owned by or held in proximity with persons who are taking psychotropic medications.

Here's why: Psychiatric Drugs and Mass Shootings ?? - YouTube

I'm embarrassed to admit I've been so uninformed about this overwhelming evidence of the real cause of all the recent school shootings. And I'm amazed at how the media has largely ignored the obvious source of the problem while allowing the blame to fall exclusively on guns.

Well, as it turns out this guy in Amherst New York was prescribed anxiety medication, and they took his guns, so he got an attorney. That and the tremendous outcry including an entire radio program on AM930 devoted to this prompted New York to cave and admit that they made an error. So the answer is no, anxiety medication is not, and should not be cause to trample someone's gun Freedoms. If you begin grabbing guns over anxiety medication, then you must also go through Police officers medical records as well.
SAFE Act Mistake Leads to Pistol Permit Seizure | wgrz.com

Now the state of NY says oopsie, our bad. They have admitted they made a mistake but apparently the same lawyer has other cilents with the same issue. This guy is suing the state, I hope he gets a huge settlement and I hope he seeks civil rights charges through the DOJ.

Now the state of NY says oopsie, our bad. They have admitted they made a mistake but apparently the same lawyer has other cilents with the same issue. This guy is suing the state, I hope he gets a huge settlement and I hope he seeks civil rights charges through the DOJ.

Apparently the N.Y. State Police are saying it was an error by someone other than them, yet the Erie County Clerks office is saying that the Pistol permit revocation came from the State Police. This story made Fox news today, and Rush Limbaugh. The Lawyer for the party involved said it's BS, and that the State is just seeing how far they could go with revocation and confiscation. The questions still remain; who made the call to revoke and confiscate, and where did they get access to those people's Medical records? link: NYSP & Erie County Clerk Pointing Fingers Over SAFE Act Mistake | wgrz.com

Forum List

Back