Gun control vs. Terrorism (Dem hypocrisy)

Boy....you are still stupid, joe. The guy in Vegas had to go through a background check for every gun he bought...the guy with the truck....a license and some cash.....

Except those background checks were insufficient.

Which is why I go back to my original idea. If a gun you sold is used to kill or wound someone, their families can take your ass to court and you can explain to 12 of your fellow citizens how he seemed to be a nice guy when he was muttering about them Lizard People while he bought a whole cart full of ammo.

Because, again, Home Depot will get sued over this and they'll probably settle out of court.

Maybe, I doubt it though. Either way, this is why our country needs to adopt a Loser Pay All law. Sue anybody you like, but if you lose the case, you are liable for all the expenses of the person you tried to sue. That would stop 90% of these phony lawsuits.

What? Trucks aren’t designed to kill people but guns are? Absolute dumbest argument I have ever heard. As if the designers intended use of an object somehow determines weather it should be considered lethal or not. Both are deadly, and in the wrongs hands will kill people. I suppose if I design a gun intended for target practice it magically becomes unable to penetrate human flesh. If you have a point to make, try a sprinkle of logic.

Okay. Guns are designed to kill people. when the first gun was made, it was made to kill another person, because it was more efficient than a sword or arrow.

Trucks are designed to move heavy loads from one place to another. When the first truck was made, that's what it was designed for.

That's the difference.

This isn't complicated.

Yes, guns are made to kill people and animals. We eat animals; we kill attackers in self defense. But most guns are used for recreation and enjoyment.

It made me think about how the "Left" typically reacts to gun violence, something we heard a lot of after Vegas, and I noticed that the messaging is quite different. After a shooting event the Left seems quick and adamant to try and change our laws to make communities safer. I've heard it communicated as a negligence of duty to not talk about gun control after a shooting. In the same spirit, why isn't there a reaction to legislate a way to keep us safer from terrorism after a terror attack by the Left? Its a rhetorical question, i know why, hence the hypocrisy. But if anybody would like to try to rationalize it then please go ahead!

Simple.

Home Depot Trucks aren't designed to kill people.

Guns are.

But I will bet you'll find out that this guy had a harder time renting a truck from the Home Depot than that other nut had building up a small arsenal.
Joe you need to stay in your mothers basement and not be seen nor heard, people kill people not firearms. You need to quit thinking you can control other people your snowflake act is getting old. Lol
Bombs and vehicles are the preferred method of terror in the Middle East were most terrorism is done by Islam Muslims. Shit for brains

That truck is a "Vehicle of War" and no civilians should be allowed to own or rent one......and Home Depot should be sent to jail....or something......

I promise you, Home Depot will probably actually get sued and end up paying a lot of money to the families... because they didn't get themselves a special carve out in the law like the gun merchants did.
Have you been sheltered your whole life? Your political correctness makes you look like a pussy… LOL

What? Trucks aren’t designed to kill people but guns are? Absolute dumbest argument I have ever heard. As if the designers intended use of an object somehow determines weather it should be considered lethal or not. Both are deadly, and in the wrongs hands will kill people. I suppose if I design a gun intended for target practice it magically becomes unable to penetrate human flesh. If you have a point to make, try a sprinkle of logic.

Okay. Guns are designed to kill people. when the first gun was made, it was made to kill another person, because it was more efficient than a sword or arrow.

Trucks are designed to move heavy loads from one place to another. When the first truck was made, that's what it was designed for.

That's the difference.

This isn't complicated.
Firearms cannot control people… Dumbass

Cars/trucks are heavily regulated . You need a license to drive and insurance to own.

The nypd also has contacts wh area truck rentals to prevent just such attack’s .

Rumor is the guy got the truck in Florida .
Vehicle ownership is a privilege not a right. Shit for brains

Boy....you are still stupid, joe. The guy in Vegas had to go through a background check for every gun he bought...the guy with the truck....a license and some cash.....

Except those background checks were insufficient.

Which is why I go back to my original idea. If a gun you sold is used to kill or wound someone, their families can take your ass to court and you can explain to 12 of your fellow citizens how he seemed to be a nice guy when he was muttering about them Lizard People while he bought a whole cart full of ammo.

Because, again, Home Depot will get sued over this and they'll probably settle out of court.
You really ought to mind your own business, obviously you been sheltered too much in life… LOL

I like to call out hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle when I see it, usually on the Right but today I see it on the Left. I just watched the press conference for the recent tragedy in Manhattan. My heart goes out to the victims. During this press conference I heard De Blasio and Como speak about the resolve of New Yorkers and Americans. They emphasized the point that terrorists are trying to break our spirit and if we change our lives in any way then we are letting them win. A respectable point.

It made me think about how the "Left" typically reacts to gun violence, something we heard a lot of after Vegas, and I noticed that the messaging is quite different. After a shooting event the Left seems quick and adamant to try and change our laws to make communities safer. I've heard it communicated as a negligence of duty to not talk about gun control after a shooting. In the same spirit, why isn't there a reaction to legislate a way to keep us safer from terrorism after a terror attack by the Left? Its a rhetorical question, i know why, hence the hypocrisy. But if anybody would like to try to rationalize it then please go ahead!

Note that i'm pretty liberal and support both of these reactions. I'm fine with common sense gun control measures and I am pro immigration and religious freedom. But I have to call it like I see it when hypocrisy hits.

We are very similar...I support common sense gun control, I am pro legal immigration and I support religious freedom.

What gun control do you think works? For me.....my common sense gun control is essentially these two items...

1) if you commit a crime with a gun, you go to jail for 30 years.

2) if you are a convicted, violent felon, caught in possession of a gun, you go away for 30 years.

That pretty much covers everything we need to stop criminals and illegal guns......
I think there are a few more factors involved. I don't think citizens should be able to walk into walmart and buy a fully automatic uzi, so I think limitations on available firepower make sense. I think every honest citizen should be able to get a pistol or riffle to defend themselves, but all this high power stuff, I'm fine with regulating. I'm fine with harsh punishments for gun violence offenders but it is very situational and I don't think a teenager who got caught up with the wrong crowd should go to jail till they are 50 for making a stupid mistake... Again, it all depends on the case.

What you say sounds reasonable .

The left is not out to “ban all guns “. That’s just the over the top response every time someone talks gun control.
Quit falling down the well… Firearms have no control over people, most people learn that in grade school

That truck is a "Vehicle of War" and no civilians should be allowed to own or rent one......and Home Depot should be sent to jail....or something......

I promise you, Home Depot will probably actually get sued and end up paying a lot of money to the families... because they didn't get themselves a special carve out in the law like the gun merchants did.

Sanders also voted in favor of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act of 2005, which provided some protections for licensed manufacturers, dealers, sellers of firearms or ammunition, and trade associations from civil lawsuits resulting from the misuse of firearms or ammunition. But gun makers and dealers did not receive a “total pass,” as Clinton claimed.

As the Congressional Research Service pointed out in a 2012 report, the legislation included six exceptions where civil suits could still be brought, including cases in which a firearm seller acted with negligence, cases involving the transfer of a firearm with the knowledge that it would be used to commit a crime, and cases in which manufacturers and sellers marketed or sold a firearm in violation of state or federal law.

FactChecking the Fourth Democratic Debate - FactCheck.org

Cars/trucks are heavily regulated . You need a license to drive and insurance to own.

The nypd also has contacts wh area truck rentals to prevent just such attack’s .

Rumor is the guy got the truck in Florida .
Vehicle ownership is a privilege not a right. Shit for brains

What’s your point ?

Simple.

Home Depot Trucks aren't designed to kill people.

Guns are.

But I will bet you'll find out that this guy had a harder time renting a truck from the Home Depot than that other nut had building up a small arsenal.

Yeah, but they do it so efficiently, and after the massive terrorist attacks in France and elsewhere using trucks, I feel that all people who wish to buy or rent trucks should have to undergo a background check, and any company that rents a truck that is then used in a crime should be shut down immediately and the owners and workers thrown in prison.

That will show those terrorists who's boss!

Hey...if you want to show a state i.d. to buy a gun....no big deal.....but you need a background check to buy a gun, and you can't buy a gun if you are a felon...that includes private sales......a felon can get insurance, a license and rent a killing truck...

Your right. to get a gun, all he has to do is go to a private seller or go to gun show, no problem.

Yeah, but they do it so efficiently, and after the massive terrorist attacks in France and elsewhere using trucks, I feel that all people who wish to buy or rent trucks should have to undergo a background check, and any company that rents a truck that is then used in a crime should be shut down immediately and the owners and workers thrown in prison.

Except Truck attacks are still pretty rare. One or two globally a year..not a big thing.

We have a bunch of mass shootings a year. The rest of the world doesn't, they have the good sense to not let people buy guns.

That's the difference.

This isn't complicated.
The purpose of any tool is determined by the intent of the wielder of that tool.

The purpose of any tool is determined by the intent of the wielder of that tool.

The the design is the purpose. The purpose of a firearm is to project a bullet to kill another person. That's what it's design to do. When you Gun Nut wankers get on here and talk about guns, it's about how you want to off you some darkie, not about how you want to teach them paper targets a lesson.

Hey...if you want to show a state i.d. to buy a gun....no big deal.....but you need a background check to buy a gun, and you can't buy a gun if you are a felon...that includes private sales......a felon can get insurance, a license and rent a killing truck...

Your right. to get a gun, all he has to do is go to a private seller or go to gun show, no problem.

Most of the sellers at gun shows are licensed and run background checks.

Except Truck attacks are still pretty rare. One or two globally a year..not a big thing.

We have a bunch of mass shootings a year. The rest of the world doesn't, they have the good sense to not let people buy guns.
People have more of a chance of dying from falling out of bed or smoking in bed then they do from being killed in a mass shooting. Shit for brains

The the design is the purpose. The purpose of a firearm is to project a bullet to kill another person. That's what it's design to do. When you Gun Nut wankers get on here and talk about guns, it's about how you want to off you some darkie, not about how you want to teach them paper targets a lesson.
Na, Firearms have no power over people. Most people learn that in grade school

Most of the sellers at gun shows are licensed and run background checks.

"Most'? "most" implies that are some who don't run background checks.

And the crooks know who those guys are, which TOTALLY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF A BACKGROUND CHECK!
Firearm ownership is none of your business, and certainly none of the federal government business.

Forum List

Back