Gun culture

These two stories are a telling comparison of the way guns are used here vs. Britain. In London a man stabs several people on the subway, is subdued with a stun gun and arrested. In Miami Beach a man brandishes a razor, injures no one, but is killed by police. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Why can't American police non-fatally subdue a suspect? Are guns and violence that ingrained that no other avenues are considered?

London police treat knife attack as terrorist incident - CNN.com

Video shows Miami Beach police fatally shooting man - CNN.com
I don't cry when dangerous people are removed from the face of the earth

I don't cry when dangerous people are removed from the face of the earth
Let's hope no one ever views you as dangerous. There are all sorts of reasons why the person might not really have been dangerous, but they're really dead.
I'm not dangerous

I have never waved a knife at anyone
I own guns and have never pointed a gun at anyone

Anyone who will threaten people with a weapon of any kind is a dangerous person and will hurt or kill others if given the chance

Like I said I have no sympathy for criminals who get themselves dead

You apparently have no conscience either. What about someone merely having a psychiatric episode or having drunk a little too much? Do they all deserve to die. What about the cop that "thinks" you're not all you say you are?

You apparently have no conscience either. What about someone merely having a psychiatric episode or having drunk a little too much? Do they all deserve to die. What about the cop that "thinks" you're not all you say you are?

I know enough to shut my trap even if a cop is being an asshole

I also know enough not too drink too much and get out of control

As for the mentally ill there is no way to know if some guy pointing a knife at you is merely having an episode is there?

These two stories are a telling comparison of the way guns are used here vs. Britain. In London a man stabs several people on the subway, is subdued with a stun gun and arrested. In Miami Beach a man brandishes a razor, injures no one, but is killed by police. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Why can't American police non-fatally subdue a suspect? Are guns and violence that ingrained that no other avenues are considered?

London police treat knife attack as terrorist incident - CNN.com

Video shows Miami Beach police fatally shooting man - CNN.com
Even if you shoot a guy he can still advance and open you up. It's a judgment call by the cops. You are playing a risky game by waving a knife around. That guy was a loser and I'm happy we don't have to fund his existence any longer.

What I don't understand is why liberals care so deeply about troublesome assholes.

12308656_1220244004657059_5492507250367094103_n.jpg

Even if you shoot a guy he can still advance and open you up. It's a judgment call by the cops. You are playing a risky game by waving a knife around. That guy was a loser and I'm happy we don't have to fund his existence any longer. What I don't understand is why liberals care so deeply about troublesome assholes.
Let's just hope no one ever finds you to be troublesome. It's a shame that American police aren't as brave or competent as British police.

Why should the police risk themselves against a scumbag?.
That's their job, NOT being judge, jury and executioner. Hope you or no one you know ever gets themselves into a bad situation. You might not even be the perp, just collateral damage.
If you are stupid enough to hang around with your camera phone instead of leaving the scene then good riddance.

Even if you shoot a guy he can still advance and open you up. It's a judgment call by the cops. You are playing a risky game by waving a knife around. That guy was a loser and I'm happy we don't have to fund his existence any longer. What I don't understand is why liberals care so deeply about troublesome assholes.
Let's just hope no one ever finds you to be troublesome. It's a shame that American police aren't as brave or competent as British police.
I'm not troublesome so it isn't something I worry about. A Brit cop could probably start a stopwatch to measure his lifespan in a big city here.

Why should the police risk themselves against a scumbag?.
That's their job, NOT being judge, jury and executioner. Hope you or no one you know ever gets themselves into a bad situation. You might not even be the perp, just collateral damage.
If you are stupid enough to hang around with your camera phone instead of leaving the scene then good riddance.
Idjit
LOL. Did I step on your feelers?

I'm not troublesome so it isn't something I worry about. A Brit cop could probably start a stopwatch to measure his lifespan in a big city here.
So you say, but that's not your call is it? That's the call of whoever has the gun. Which is the bottom line of the thread, gun culture is the reason why you made that comment about British police. IMO, I think you're talking out of your ass on that one.

So you say, but that's not your call is it? That's the call of whoever has the gun. Which is the bottom line of the thread, gun culture is the reason why you made that comment about British police. IMO, I think you're talking out of your ass on that one.
The point was too big for you.

Senator Ted Cruz urges us to arm ourselves. Jerry Falwell, Jr., urges college students to arm themselves. An elected official in Nevada sends out a Christmas card showing his family armed (and nothing says Christmas quite like a gun!). And of course, The Bloviator, Donald Trump, urging all kinds of mayhem. With these "influential" people urging the unhappy people in the U.S. to arm, is it any wonder?

I see. Americans weren't armed prior to the advent of these political figures.:badgrin:

The phenomenal increase is sales is due almost solely to the perception given by Democrats that they will attempt to foist some unconstitutional regulation down the throats of the 2nd Amendment-supporting public, and the failure of the current administration to deal with the issue of Islamist terrorism either here or abroad.

To blame those on your list is propagandistically silly, since most Americans aside from Democrats and their Obama-worshipping mongrel hordes pay attention to politicians only in the most grudging fashion.

Forum List

Back