Gun Enthusiasts..... Please Don't View the Following:

Austrailia Gun Control - Big Failure
Australia Gun Control - Big Failure

Interesting. That is not a news source, ecclesia.org. "God's Word" It's a right wing faith-based message board. Sort of like this one, except more extreme, if that is possible.

How about this?

The rate of recorded assault has increased for males and particularly for females. The rate of increase was also greater for people aged 0-14 years (37% between 1996 and 2003) than for those aged 15 years and over (27%) (Figure 2).

It is the rate of aggravated rather than non-aggravated assault that appears to have contributed to the marked rise in assault rates. For the years where data are available (1999 to 2006), rates of aggravated assault increased by 46 percent (41% for males and 61% for females). In contrast, non-aggravated assault rates rose by only seven percent (3% for males and 19% for females).

Results from victimisation surveys produce a less conclusive picture. Overall rates of assault did not increase significantly over the four survey years of the CSS, nor was a consistent pattern observed from the ICVS (4.4% in 1992; 6.4% in 2000 and 4.7% in 2004). When considering gender, the CSS suggests a an increase in the experience of assault among men and women but neither were statistically significant.

Around one-third of people who experience an assault report the incident to police (ABS 2006a). Reporting rates for assault have increased - 31 percent in 2005, up from 28 percent in 1998 (CSS). Reporting rates increased for males (26% to 29%) and females (30% to 34%), and were higher for females in two of the three reference years (1998 and 2005). The PSS did not detect gender-based differences in reporting rates - 33 percent for both males and females.

The prevalence of sexual assault is also reported to be increasing. Since 1995, the rate of recorded sexual assault increased by 22 percent, from 72.5 per 100,000 people in 1995 to 88.4 in 2006 (Kendall's tau = 0.67, p<0.05)>Figure 3).

Australian Institute of Criminology - Trends in violent crime

These are "assaults" which can range from merely shouting at someone in a bar to attacking them physically. Where does it say anything in your quote about firearms and homicides?

Here you go, toots. You really should do some quick research before you make yourself look like an @ss:

The ABS defines assault as the direct infliction of force, injury or violence upon a person, including attempts or threats. It excludes sexual assault.
Australian Institute of Criminology - Assault

The Japanese up until 1945 had an Emporer you want to live in a feudal system?

Are you phucking kidding? This is your argument? Japan has a prime minister and parliament, that's how they have strict gun laws and no homicide by guns. Not because they have an emperor, who still exists to cut ribbons and bow when Obama shows up, and feed the giant koi in the moat around the palace.

the law is already on the books

try again

"the law"? Want to quote which law that is? Most states have background checks which are instant, searching only for convicted felons or those with restraining/protective orders against them.

Bull shit, I went to get a purchase permit years ago and forgot about a ticket I got for littering that held up the process of getting a purchases permit.
The littering happen back in 88 purchase permit stop was in 2005

I said "most states" but I don't believe a littering stops anybody from getting a gun in any state. That is bullshit.

Nobody is saying that you can't own and use a gun to defend yourself.... but if your such a piss-poor shot that you need 30 super-high velocity, Monkey maiming rounds to defend yourself, you may want to consider Tae Kwon Do instead.

What utter bullshit

We know from history that liberals are never ever satisfied. So we stopped you now, so in the future you can't take away guns.

and AGAIN

It's ARMS, the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, not own a gun to defend myself or hunt with.

banning a 30 round magazine

makes no difference to a mass shooter

the va tec shooter

had a 15 round magazine

and a ten round magazine

he killed 32 people

and wounded another 17

that makes at least 49 shots

so he apparently had all the time in the world

to swap his lower capacity magazines

Here's some bull shit you may not have paid attention to
But they say Adam Lanza shot 154 well placed 223 rounds in five minutes. He wasn't an expert but most experts can't do that.

At the end of the interview, it was noted that guns weren't the problem, people were.

I tend to agree.

*sigh*

Oliver meant it was people like the miscreant he was interviewing and the attitude he possessed about guns. ...... Sorry that went over your head.

"the law"? Want to quote which law that is? Most states have background checks which are instant, searching only for convicted felons or those with restraining/protective orders against them.

Bull shit, I went to get a purchase permit years ago and forgot about a ticket I got for littering that held up the process of getting a purchases permit.
The littering happen back in 88 purchase permit stop was in 2005

I said "most states" but I don't believe a littering stops anybody from getting a gun in any state. That is bullshit.

No it did not stop me it stopped the process for the paper work until I cleared it up.

All states have to fill out an ATF 4473 forum.

The Aussies have passed reasonable gun control and nothing happened except a reduction in violence and an END to mass shootings.

:eusa_think: Can strict gun controls work?

ask Chicago. and B. what will ewe do about the 300 million guns already in circulation? pray tell?

Check out Japan's. They are so low for firearm deaths they are at zero.

The Japan lesson: Can America learn from the country that has almost zero gun deaths?

The Japanese up until 1945 had an Emporer you want to live in a feudal system?

Are you phucking kidding? This is your argument? Japan has a prime minister and parliament, that's how they have strict gun laws and no homicide by guns. Not because they have an emperor, who still exists to cut ribbons and bow when Obama shows up, and feed the giant koi in the moat around the palace.

You don't get it, they live in a different type of system not to far form being away from the feudal system. They are already wired to accept anything due to the fact they worshiped the Emperor like he was a god up until 1945

Interesting. That is not a news source, ecclesia.org. "God's Word" It's a right wing faith-based message board. Sort of like this one, except more extreme, if that is possible.

How about this?

The rate of recorded assault has increased for males and particularly for females. The rate of increase was also greater for people aged 0-14 years (37% between 1996 and 2003) than for those aged 15 years and over (27%) (Figure 2).

It is the rate of aggravated rather than non-aggravated assault that appears to have contributed to the marked rise in assault rates. For the years where data are available (1999 to 2006), rates of aggravated assault increased by 46 percent (41% for males and 61% for females). In contrast, non-aggravated assault rates rose by only seven percent (3% for males and 19% for females).

Results from victimisation surveys produce a less conclusive picture. Overall rates of assault did not increase significantly over the four survey years of the CSS, nor was a consistent pattern observed from the ICVS (4.4% in 1992; 6.4% in 2000 and 4.7% in 2004). When considering gender, the CSS suggests a an increase in the experience of assault among men and women but neither were statistically significant.

Around one-third of people who experience an assault report the incident to police (ABS 2006a). Reporting rates for assault have increased - 31 percent in 2005, up from 28 percent in 1998 (CSS). Reporting rates increased for males (26% to 29%) and females (30% to 34%), and were higher for females in two of the three reference years (1998 and 2005). The PSS did not detect gender-based differences in reporting rates - 33 percent for both males and females.

The prevalence of sexual assault is also reported to be increasing. Since 1995, the rate of recorded sexual assault increased by 22 percent, from 72.5 per 100,000 people in 1995 to 88.4 in 2006 (Kendall's tau = 0.67, p<0.05)>Figure 3).

Australian Institute of Criminology - Trends in violent crime

These are "assaults" which can range from merely shouting at someone in a bar to attacking them physically. Where does it say anything in your quote about firearms and homicides?

Here you go, toots. You really should do some quick research before you make yourself look like an @ss:

The ABS defines assault as the direct infliction of force, injury or violence upon a person, including attempts or threats. It excludes sexual assault.
Australian Institute of Criminology - Assault
So being assaulted is fine with you? Being at the mercy of someone else is just great with you? KNOCK YOURSELF OUT CHAMP

What utter bullshit

We know from history that liberals are never ever satisfied. So we stopped you now, so in the future you can't take away guns.

and AGAIN

the va tec shooter

had a 15 round magazine

and a ten round magazine

he killed 32 people

and wounded another 17

But they say Adam Lanza shot 154 well placed 223 rounds in five minutes. He wasn't an expert but most experts can't do that.

it certainly is bs

thought the news said 10 or more minutes

but even at 5 minutes

that is still a shot every two seconds

one one thousand one

one one thousand two

bang

one one thousand one

one one thousand two

bang

What utter bullshit

and AGAIN

the va tec shooter

had a 15 round magazine

and a ten round magazine

he killed 32 people

and wounded another 17

it should also be noted that the va tec shooter

shot 170 rounds that day

so swapping magazines was not a problem

the va tec shooter

had a 15 round magazine

and a ten round magazine

he killed 32 people

and wounded another 17

it certainly is bs

thought the news said 10 or more minutes

but even at 5 minutes

that is still a shot every two seconds

one one thousand one

one one thousand two

bang

one one thousand one

one one thousand two

bang

You must remember those shots where hit shots. Then change of magazines. plus the five minutes started when he made his first shot entering into the school.
It just isn't possible for an inexperienced person to do that much damage and shoot that many shot and hit in 5 minutes.

What utter bullshit

and AGAIN

In the 1930's machine guns were banned. Since then the assault rifle ban came and went. Yes so much taking....
Neithewr of these statements are true - machineguns are not banned, and assault rifles have never been banned.

Then I guess based on history you have nothing to worry about. The pro gunners should stop being scared and paranoid.

I've lost count how many times these idiots post links that disprove their own point. You have to remember that most of these people aren't very smart, have no real education and respond on pure emotion and repeat things they hear other people say that they think sounds good. But when you challenge them they don't have any logical followup because it wasn't their retarded idea to begin with.

This site is not for rational debate, it's for comedy purposes only. The sooner you come to grips with that, the more anguish you will save yourself from banging your head against the wall in an attempt to have a rational, adult conversation.

I'm pretty sure the national debate is for comedy purposes also. There has been no real honest debate on this subject anywhere.
As all of the arguments from the anti-gun side are based in emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty, you are correct.

There are bad arguments on both sides, your correct. But please don't act like the pro gun side arguments are all that great. Seems like many of them are talking out of both sides of their mouth. Such as magazine size doesn't matter because you can reload so fast. Then the same people argue that the criminals would have an advantage if they had a hi cap magazine and the good citizen didn't. See that is dishonest debate. Either magazine size matters or it doesn't. You can't argue both sides without being dishonest.

Last edited:
Whether they need it or not some fire arms magazines are standard 17 rounds AR is 30 rounds.
he perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he’s staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver,” [Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman] told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh.
The woman then shot him five times, but he survived, Chapman said. He said the woman ran out of bullets but threatened to shoot the intruder if he moved.
“She’s standing over him, and she realizes she’s fired all six rounds. And the guy’s telling her to quit shooting,” Chapman said.

?My Wife Is a Hero?: Georgia Mother Shoots Home Intruder Five Times After Being Cornered in Attic | Video | TheBlaze.com

Think I've been pretty clear that I don't think people need more than a 10 round capacity magazine. Yes some come with hi cap magazines as standard. I'm fully aware of that.

So I say give me an example of someone needing a high cap magazine for defense and you give an example of someone successfully defending with a 6 shot revolver? Thanks for helping my argument. And you say I need a clue...:clap2:

You don't have a fucking clue if you think I helped your argument. She emptied her gun into one guy, and he walked away. What if he was NOT alone then what?
Stop wait I need to reload?

Either your joking or you bulb isn't very bright. So let me explain how debating works. I say that hi cap magazines are not needed for self defense. Now to back this up I would give examples of people successfully defending themselves not needing a hi cap magazine. You did this for me so hence you are helping my argument. Now if you were arguing against my argument you would provide documented examples of people needing a hi cap magazine. These of course seem to not exist, but that is what you would do. Now I've heard a lot of "what if's" and hypothetical situations, but not a single example of someone needing a hi cap magazine. So we can safely conclude they are not needed for defense. See how it works now?

Think I've been pretty clear that I don't think people need more than a 10 round capacity magazine. Yes some come with hi cap magazines as standard. I'm fully aware of that.

So I say give me an example of someone needing a high cap magazine for defense and you give an example of someone successfully defending with a 6 shot revolver? Thanks for helping my argument. And you say I need a clue...:clap2:

You don't have a fucking clue if you think I helped your argument. She emptied her gun into one guy, and he walked away. What if he was NOT alone then what?
Stop wait I need to reload?

Either your joking or you bulb isn't very bright. So let me explain how debating works. I say that hi cap magazines are not needed for self defense. Now to back this up I would give examples of people successfully defending themselves not needing a hi cap magazine.
How does the fact that some people have defended themselves w/o hi-cap magazines prove that everyone can defend themselves w/o hi-cap mags?

I'm pretty sure the national debate is for comedy purposes also. There has been no real honest debate on this subject anywhere.
As all of the arguments from the anti-gun side are based in emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty, you are correct.
There are bad arguments on both sides, your correct. But please don't act like the pro gun side arguments are all that great.
Says he who has demionstrably argued from ignorance...

There are bad arguments on both sides, your correct. But please don't act like the pro gun side arguments are all that great. Seems like many of them are talking out of both sides of their mouth. Such as magazine size doesn't matter because you can reload so fast. Then the same people argue that the criminals would have an advantage if they had a hi cap magazine and the good citizen didn't. See that is dishonest debate. Either magazine size matters or it doesn't. You can't argue both sides without being dishonest.

you can reload fast

what is so hard to understand about that

plus banning a magazine serves no purpose

then to restrict the la abiding

Armed robbery in Australia is higher after their 1996 gun ban! The US armed robbery rate has fallen since 1996 without a ban! :eek:

Australia Violent Crime Rate
tandi359-4.png

US Violent Crime Rate
518px-Violent_Crime_Rates_in_the_United_States.svg.png

Forum List

Back