Gun Enthusiasts..... Please Don't View the Following:

i already provided you with an example

Your example shows someone having one. You've done nothing to prove they needed one. I don't doubt they have been used many times for defense. My argument is that they weren't needed. Those store owners could have had 10 round magazines. Now your suppose to provide some documentation that they did in fact need hi cap magazines. If you can't do that you really have no argument.

they shot over 500 rounds that day to break up the crowds

---------
This year marked the 20th anniversary of the Los Angeles riots, sparked by the acquittal of four Los Angeles Police Department officers accused of beating now-deceased Rodney King. During the five days, mobs around Los Angeles looted stores, burnt 3,767 buildings, caused more than $1 billion in property damage, and led to the deaths of more than 50 people and left another 4,000 injured. A story that has been forgotten since then is that of the brave storeowners in Koreatown who fended off mobs with handguns, rifles and assault weapons.

On the second day of the riots, the police had abandoned much of Koreatown. Jay Rhee, a storeowner in the area, stated to The Los Angeles Times, “we have lost faith in the police.”

With the cops nowhere to be found, hundreds of people marauded through the streets towards Koreatown. The neighborhood suffered 45 percent of all the property damage and five fatalities of storeowners during the riots. Having had enough of waiting for police, Korean storeowners assembled into militias to protect themselves, their families, and businesses.

According to the Los Angeles Times, “From the rooftops of their supermarkets, a group of Koreans armed with shotguns and automatic weapons peered onto the smoky streets . . . Koreans have turned their pastel-colored mini-malls into fortresses against looters tide.”

Rhee claimed that the storeowners shot off 500 rounds into the sky and ground in order to break up the masses of people. The only weapons able to clear that much ammo in a very short time are assault weapons. Single shot pistols or rifles might not have been able to deter the crowd hell-bent on destroying the neighborhood.

When Assault Weapons Saved Koreatown | American Renaissance

Ok, 500 rounds over the course of a day by how many shop owners? I don't see how this could not have been done with 10 rd magazines especially since they can be changed in less than a second. The shots were in the sky or at the ground so I don't see a need for hi cap magazines.

B/c they are not supposed to be.

It's unconstitutional to keep such arm from us.

Your right to life doesn't trump mine.

If I'm attacked by a much bigger person or better fighter. What give you the right to say I get to be beaten to death b/c I can't carry an arm with me?

Nobody is saying that you can't own and use a gun to defend yourself.... but if your such a piss-poor shot that you need 30 super-high velocity, Monkey maiming rounds to defend yourself, you may want to consider Tae Kwon Do instead.

What utter bullshit

We know from history that liberals are never ever satisfied. So we stopped you now, so in the future you can't take away guns.

and AGAIN

It's ARMS, the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, not own a gun to defend myself or hunt with.

In the 1930's machine guns were banned. Since then the assault rifle ban came and went. Yes so much taking....

Nobody is saying that you can't own and use a gun to defend yourself.... but if your such a piss-poor shot that you need 30 super-high velocity, Monkey maiming rounds to defend yourself, you may want to consider Tae Kwon Do instead.

What utter bullshit

We know from history that liberals are never ever satisfied. So we stopped you now, so in the future you can't take away guns.

and AGAIN

In the 1930's machine guns were banned. Since then the assault rifle ban came and went. Yes so much taking....

they are not banned

you can legally own one

if you follow the law

boy you are dense. its about having equal footing with your attacker. you know why there are few reports of self defense where multiple shots are fired? because most people attacked are a statistic. they are dead. now had they had a gun with a 30 round mag, the attacker would be dead. why did so many die in sandy hook? they were all unarmed. thats usually the way it is.
Yes I do know. There are no reports because a hi cap magazine is not necessary for self defense.
You are not competent to judge this.

Nobody can give examples of these ever happening. An intelligent person can then figure out that they aren't happening. Only in the world of the paranoid gun owner do they happen, but that's not the real world.

What utter bullshit

and AGAIN

they are not banned

you can legally own one

if you follow the law

ok, so your arguing for me? I guess even less has been taken than I was arguing. Bravo.

What utter bullshit

and AGAIN

banning a 30 round magazine

makes no difference to a mass shooter

the va tec shooter

had a 15 round magazine

and a ten round magazine

he killed 32 people

and wounded another 17

that makes at least 49 shots

so he apparently had all the time in the world

to swap his lower capacity magazines

Thank you for the support of them being used only for evil. :clap2:

Your example shows someone having one. You've done nothing to prove they needed one. I don't doubt they have been used many times for defense. My argument is that they weren't needed. Those store owners could have had 10 round magazines. Now your suppose to provide some documentation that they did in fact need hi cap magazines. If you can't do that you really have no argument.

---------
This year marked the 20th anniversary of the Los Angeles riots, sparked by the acquittal of four Los Angeles Police Department officers accused of beating now-deceased Rodney King. During the five days, mobs around Los Angeles looted stores, burnt 3,767 buildings, caused more than $1 billion in property damage, and led to the deaths of more than 50 people and left another 4,000 injured. A story that has been forgotten since then is that of the brave storeowners in Koreatown who fended off mobs with handguns, rifles and assault weapons.

On the second day of the riots, the police had abandoned much of Koreatown. Jay Rhee, a storeowner in the area, stated to The Los Angeles Times, “we have lost faith in the police.”

With the cops nowhere to be found, hundreds of people marauded through the streets towards Koreatown. The neighborhood suffered 45 percent of all the property damage and five fatalities of storeowners during the riots. Having had enough of waiting for police, Korean storeowners assembled into militias to protect themselves, their families, and businesses.

According to the Los Angeles Times, “From the rooftops of their supermarkets, a group of Koreans armed with shotguns and automatic weapons peered onto the smoky streets . . . Koreans have turned their pastel-colored mini-malls into fortresses against looters tide.”

Rhee claimed that the storeowners shot off 500 rounds into the sky and ground in order to break up the masses of people. The only weapons able to clear that much ammo in a very short time are assault weapons. Single shot pistols or rifles might not have been able to deter the crowd hell-bent on destroying the neighborhood.

Ok, 500 rounds over the course of a day by how many shop owners? I don't see how this could not have been done with 10 rd magazines especially since they can be changed in less than a second. The shots were in the sky or at the ground so I don't see a need for hi cap magazines.

the va tec shooter

had a 15 round and a 10 round magazine

he fired 170 shots

so there was surely some magazine swapping going on that day

your banon thirty 30 magazines

is nothing more then an arbitrary number that only

hinders the law abiding

want to slow down or end

mass shootings in the schools

end the gun free zone

---------

the va tec shooter

had a 15 round and a 10 round magazine

he fired 170 shots

so there was surely some magazine swapping going on that day

your banon thirty 30 magazines

is nothing more then an arbitrary number that only

hinders the law abiding

want to slow down or end

mass shootings in the schools

end the gun free zone

You have zero examples of it hindering any law abider.

You seem to have lots of examples as I do of them being used in mass shootings.

I'm not arguing for gun free zones. Stay on topic. What next I'm trying to take all your guns?

What utter bullshit

and AGAIN

the va tec shooter

had a 15 round magazine

and a ten round magazine

he killed 32 people

and wounded another 17

wanna talk evil

the va tec shooter should have never been able to

legally buy his firearms

he was court ordered in 2005 to a psychiatric assessment

he was found to be mentally ill and in need of hospitalization

yet the back ground checks system was not notified

the va tec shooter

had a 15 round magazine

and a ten round magazine

he killed 32 people

and wounded another 17

wanna talk evil

legally buy his firearms

Yes I'm a strong supporter of strengthening the background check system. You must be also be, tell the NRA to stop fighting it.

wanna talk evil

legally buy his firearms

Yes I'm a strong supporter of strengthening the background check system. You must be also be, tell the NRA to stop fighting it.

the law is already on the books

try again

wanna talk evil

legally buy his firearms

try again

you just said it is evil that it failed. I said that we need to strengthen background checks so failures don't happen. What do I need to try again for? Your statement was pretty clear that you agree we need stronger background checks so evil doesn't fall through a loophole. I was just agreeing with you.

try again

you just said it is evil that it failed. I said that we need to strengthen background checks so failures don't happen. What do I need to try again for? Your statement was pretty clear that you agree we need stronger background checks so evil doesn't fall through a loophole. I was just agreeing with you.

then enforce the current laws

we already have background checks

i never said anything else

try again

Ok, so you clearly stated that the current system failed. But I guess your saying in response to that we should do nothing? Ok, I fail to see how that will save any lives. You brought up a failure in the current system and then say lets do nothing about it? :cuckoo:

The law was instated to prevent mass shootings.

this is what we call a fail.

yes it prevented mass shootings, which catch headlines, but failed to make Aus any safer and actually made it more dangerous

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Australia 1.05

United States 10.20

Ok, so you clearly stated that the current system failed. But I guess your saying in response to that we should do nothing? Ok, I fail to see how that will save any lives. You brought up a failure in the current system and then say lets do nothing about it? :cuckoo:

You'll get that from pretty much everyone of these selfish gun nuts. It's the same thing over and over again, no ideas, just complaints and the same cliche arguments that don't mean anything.

"We already have gun laws"
"Criminals don't obey laws"

These are the things people say who can't use their brain to form an original thought.

You'll get that from pretty much everyone of these selfish gun nuts. It's the same thing over and over again, no ideas, just complaints and the same cliche arguments that don't mean anything.

These are the things people say who can't use their brain to form an original thought.

Most of the arguments are so bad you can't tell if they are pro or anti gun... It is sad how dishonest the debate is. There might be answers that should keep everyone happy and save lives, but we will never know.

At the end of the interview, it was noted that guns weren't the problem, people were.

I tend to agree.

*sigh*

oooooooh.., my lord !!! who would have believed that ?? after all the liarberal propaganda, i was led to believe that guns had a mind of their own and went around killing people wantonly, they controlled their handler like robots.

i am so relieved to learn that a gun is just an inanimate collection of metal, wood and/or plastic and harmless.........., until a human touches it, then all bets are off !!! :up:

Most of the arguments are so bad you can't tell if they are pro or anti gun... It is sad how dishonest the debate is. There might be answers that should keep everyone happy and save lives, but we will never know.

I've lost count how many times these idiots post links that disprove their own point. You have to remember that most of these people aren't very smart, have no real education and respond on pure emotion and repeat things they hear other people say that they think sounds good. But when you challenge them they don't have any logical followup because it wasn't their retarded idea to begin with.

This site is not for rational debate, it's for comedy purposes only. The sooner you come to grips with that, the more anguish you will save yourself from banging your head against the wall in an attempt to have a rational, adult conversation.

I've lost count how many times these idiots post links that disprove their own point. You have to remember that most of these people aren't very smart, have no real education and respond on pure emotion and repeat things they hear other people say that they think sounds good. But when you challenge them they don't have any logical followup because it wasn't their retarded idea to begin with.

This site is not for rational debate, it's for comedy purposes only. The sooner you come to grips with that, the more anguish you will save yourself from banging your head against the wall in an attempt to have a rational, adult conversation.

I'm pretty sure the national debate is for comedy purposes also. There has been no real honest debate on this subject anywhere.

Forum List

Back