Gun Enthusiasts..... Please Don't View the Following:

Nobody is saying that you can't own and use a gun to defend yourself.... but if your such a piss-poor shot that you need 30 super-high velocity, Monkey maiming rounds to defend yourself, you may want to consider Tae Kwon Do instead.

What utter bullshit

We know from history that liberals are never ever satisfied. So we stopped you now, so in the future you can't take away guns.

and AGAIN

It's ARMS, the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, not own a gun to defend myself or hunt with.

In the 1930's machine guns were banned. Since then the assault rifle ban came and went. Yes so much taking....
Neithewr of these statements are true - machineguns are not banned, and assault rifles have never been banned.

a max speed limit of 65 is reason for cars to be able to go 150 mph? if you can get drunk on beer, why do we have stronger liquor?
To drive a car you need a drivers license, the car needs to be licensed, there are lots of rules on the road.
You need none of these things to buy, own or possess a car, or keep/use it on private properrty.
Thus, your analogy fails.

I see you backed away from this rather quickly.

Most of the arguments are so bad you can't tell if they are pro or anti gun... It is sad how dishonest the debate is. There might be answers that should keep everyone happy and save lives, but we will never know.

I've lost count how many times these idiots post links that disprove their own point. You have to remember that most of these people aren't very smart, have no real education and respond on pure emotion and repeat things they hear other people say that they think sounds good. But when you challenge them they don't have any logical followup because it wasn't their retarded idea to begin with.

This site is not for rational debate, it's for comedy purposes only. The sooner you come to grips with that, the more anguish you will save yourself from banging your head against the wall in an attempt to have a rational, adult conversation.

I'm pretty sure the national debate is for comedy purposes also. There has been no real honest debate on this subject anywhere.
As all of the arguments from the anti-gun side are based in emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty, you are correct.

Gun Enthusiasts..... Please Don't View the Following:

Not the original FZ thread title.

cute, some calls for a thread to be put where it belongs, but the title gets changed and my posts get deleted so it can stay in politics.

That's called hypocrisy. We have one set of rules for all of us, or they don't mean shit.

wanna talk evil

the va tec shooter should have never been able to

legally buy his firearms

he was court ordered in 2005 to a psychiatric assessment

he was found to be mentally ill and in need of hospitalization

yet the back ground checks system was not notified

Yes I'm a strong supporter of strengthening the background check system. You must be also be, tell the NRA to stop fighting it.

the law is already on the books

try again

"the law"? Want to quote which law that is? Most states have background checks which are instant, searching only for convicted felons or those with restraining/protective orders against them.

Austrailia Gun Control - Big Failure
Australia Gun Control - Big Failure
Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent;
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent;

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent).

Hot Burglaries are up 300% (where the intruders come in while you are home and knows that you are home).

In the state of Victoria, homicides with firearms are up 300 percent.

The law was instated to prevent mass shootings.

this is what we call a fail.

yes it prevented mass shootings, which catch headlines, but failed to make Aus any safer and actually made it more dangerous

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Australia 1.05

United States 10.20

Check out Japan's. They are so low for firearm deaths they are at zero.

The Japan lesson: Can America learn from the country that has almost zero gun deaths?

Yes I'm a strong supporter of strengthening the background check system. You must be also be, tell the NRA to stop fighting it.

the law is already on the books

try again

"the law"? Want to quote which law that is? Most states have background checks which are instant, searching only for convicted felons or those with restraining/protective orders against them.

Bull shit, I went to get a purchase permit years ago and forgot about a ticket I got for littering that held up the process of getting a purchases permit.
The littering happen back in 88 purchase permit stop was in 2005

Last edited:

yes it prevented mass shootings, which catch headlines, but failed to make Aus any safer and actually made it more dangerous

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Australia 1.05

United States 10.20

The Japan lesson: Can America learn from the country that has almost zero gun deaths?
Japan are much more reserved people. Look when the Earthquake hit . No looting, no nothing. Here during Katrina . Not so much .. They are different culture

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPntqND_fgs]Australia Bans Guns & Crime Rate Increases! Gun Control is a Failure!! - YouTube[/ame]

Hot Burglaries are up 300% (where the intruders come in while you are home and knows that you are home).

Interesting. That is not a news source, ecclesia.org. "God's Word" It's a right wing faith-based message board. Sort of like this one, except more extreme, if that is possible.

Do you think for one minute the criminals in the country are going to give up their guns. HELL no.. They are going to be happy if us law abiding citizens do because they will know they will be able to rob anyone and not fear for us having a gun. Did the WAR on drugs work. NOPE it just made more of a black market for drugs just like it will be for guns..

Australia 1.05

United States 10.20

The Japanese up until 1945 had an Emporer you want to live in a feudal system?

Interesting. That is not a news source, ecclesia.org. "God's Word" It's a right wing faith-based message board. Sort of like this one, except more extreme, if that is possible.

How about this?

The rate of recorded assault has increased for males and particularly for females. The rate of increase was also greater for people aged 0-14 years (37% between 1996 and 2003) than for those aged 15 years and over (27%) (Figure 2).

It is the rate of aggravated rather than non-aggravated assault that appears to have contributed to the marked rise in assault rates. For the years where data are available (1999 to 2006), rates of aggravated assault increased by 46 percent (41% for males and 61% for females). In contrast, non-aggravated assault rates rose by only seven percent (3% for males and 19% for females).

Results from victimisation surveys produce a less conclusive picture. Overall rates of assault did not increase significantly over the four survey years of the CSS, nor was a consistent pattern observed from the ICVS (4.4% in 1992; 6.4% in 2000 and 4.7% in 2004). When considering gender, the CSS suggests a an increase in the experience of assault among men and women but neither were statistically significant.

Around one-third of people who experience an assault report the incident to police (ABS 2006a). Reporting rates for assault have increased - 31 percent in 2005, up from 28 percent in 1998 (CSS). Reporting rates increased for males (26% to 29%) and females (30% to 34%), and were higher for females in two of the three reference years (1998 and 2005). The PSS did not detect gender-based differences in reporting rates - 33 percent for both males and females.

The prevalence of sexual assault is also reported to be increasing. Since 1995, the rate of recorded sexual assault increased by 22 percent, from 72.5 per 100,000 people in 1995 to 88.4 in 2006 (Kendall's tau = 0.67, p<0.05)>Figure 3).

Australian Institute of Criminology - Trends in violent crime

Japan are much more reserved people. Look when the Earthquake hit . No looting, no nothing. Here during Katrina . Not so much .. They are different culture

Yeah, their "culture" in 1941 came over and murdered 2400 Americans stationed in Hawaii. Prior to that they invaded China in 1938 and killed 57,000 POWs and civilians during the Nanjing Massacre.

Please, find some new right wing talking points. Or better yet, start thinking for yourself.

Can you then document an instance where someone needed a hi capacity magazine for defense? I'd like to hear.

Whether they need it or not some fire arms magazines are standard 17 rounds AR is 30 rounds.
he perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he&#8217;s staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver,&#8221; [Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman] told Channel 2&#8217;s Kerry Kavanaugh.
The woman then shot him five times, but he survived, Chapman said. He said the woman ran out of bullets but threatened to shoot the intruder if he moved.
&#8220;She&#8217;s standing over him, and she realizes she&#8217;s fired all six rounds. And the guy&#8217;s telling her to quit shooting,&#8221; Chapman said.

?My Wife Is a Hero?: Georgia Mother Shoots Home Intruder Five Times After Being Cornered in Attic | Video | TheBlaze.com

Think I've been pretty clear that I don't think people need more than a 10 round capacity magazine. Yes some come with hi cap magazines as standard. I'm fully aware of that.

So I say give me an example of someone needing a high cap magazine for defense and you give an example of someone successfully defending with a 6 shot revolver? Thanks for helping my argument. And you say I need a clue...:clap2:

You don't have a fucking clue if you think I helped your argument. She emptied her gun into one guy, and he walked away. What if he was NOT alone then what?
Stop wait I need to reload?

Last edited:
Think I've been pretty clear that I don't think people need more than a 10 round capacity magazine. Yes some come with hi cap magazines as standard. I'm fully aware of that.

So I say give me an example of someone needing a high cap magazine for defense and you give an example of someone successfully defending with a 6 shot revolver? Thanks for helping my argument. And you say I need a clue...:clap2:

look at how many shot the cops shot at the two boston bombers

it took hundreds of rounds to get these two

fact is no one knows

"how many" one may need

during the LA riots

Korean store owners defended

themselves with firearms

with large magazines

Those two were trying to escape. A citizen shouldn't be going after someone who is trying to escape. That would be a really good way for people around to get accidently shot.

The Korean store owners had large magazines yes. How many rounds did they fire? How many people did they shoot? I think it was just them having guns that kept everyone away.

And as has been argued by many pro gunners, you can change a magazine in less than a second. So thanks to your own argument nobody really needs hi cap magazines.

Bottom line is that there isn't a single example that anyone can give where a real person successfully needed a hi cap magazine for defense. Meanwhile we have many documented examples of mass shootings where they were used to shoot lots of innocent people. Now to anyone who is not a gun nut I think this tells us maybe we don't need hi cap magazines. But I guess you prefer that innocent men, women, and children continue to get mowed down by these hi cap magazines on the small chance one day somebody who is not a very good shot needs a hi cap magazine for defense?

I think if there is an honest debate the American people would agree with me.

It doesn't matter how many rounds they did or did not fire all that matters is did they have enough?

Nobody is saying that you can't own and use a gun to defend yourself.... but if your such a piss-poor shot that you need 30 super-high velocity, Monkey maiming rounds to defend yourself, you may want to consider Tae Kwon Do instead.
You agree cops need less magazine capacity also?

:eusa_think: Just walking their beat? A side arm alone should still suffice... Back in the SWAT van? Sometimes the cops end up being the military for a day, especially in a society so saturated with high-power weapons already.

No... the police still need access to big guns just like the military does - unfortunate but true.
There side arms carry the normal "Hi Cap" magazine now what?

Forum List

Back