Gun Enthusiasts..... Please Don't View the Following:

i'll change out a mag in less than a second. while shooting, I'll have the next one pulled out and ready to go in. a push of a button the spent mag drops and the next one goes in. you or any one of the 20 other people won't even know the change happened. if you aren't armed, it wouldn't matter if it took 10 seconds. trust me, under fire, you aren't focused on when that mag is empty. you won't even know. did he stop shooting because he is out? or is he just looking for a target? you're dealing with fear and looking to get away or take cover. and you have legislated yourself out of a competive advantage. the shooter doesn't give a rats ass about your gun control laws.

Same with me. What takes me the longest is that I tend not to just drop my mag when I switch out. So my left hand is occupied until the empty is laid down. Under real conditions I'd just drop it out while I was grabbing the next mag. It certainly doesn't take me more than one second for the whole process.

This is just a feel good idea. It will have no impact and I don't see why I should be restricted just to make other people feel good. Show me something that will actually have an impact and I will be happy to consider it and possibly even support it. But this is just ridiculous.

If you really believe it makes little difference then you have no reason to be against restricting magazine size. Unless of course you don't even believe yourself.

Now you are going beyond ridiculous. If I think restricting people won't help then I should have no problem restricting people? Did you even read what you wrote before you posted it?

hunting is a sport. self defense isn't

I hope this is a joke and your really not that dumb. But in case your not here we go:

So I guess under the stressful situation of a sport your super powers go away? But when actually defending your life you can load magazines flawlessly? Is this really your argument? :cuckoo:

no you single brain celled idiot. when you are hunting you track your prey and take it out with one shot. you don't try to mow it down with a barrage of bullets. good god, how do you manage to find you way back to you mothers basement when you leave to take a shit?

Actually my point was you don't need hi cap magazines to hunt. I guess you just called hog hunter a single brain celled idiot. Ouch.

Last edited:
I hope this is a joke and your really not that dumb. But in case your not here we go:

So I guess under the stressful situation of a sport your super powers go away? But when actually defending your life you can load magazines flawlessly? Is this really your argument? :cuckoo:

no you single brain celled idiot. when you are hunting you track your prey and take it out with one shot. you don't try to mow it down with a barrage of bullets. good god, how do you manage to find you way back to you mothers basement when you leave to take a shit?

Actually my point was you don't need hi cap magazines to hunt. I guess you just called hog hunter a single brain felled idiot. Ouch.
If you had a clue what you are talking about you might be surprised at how wrong you are about magazine capacity OUCH

Of course they can work. There are enough first world countries with sensible gun control measures in place that tell us that they can and do work.

If more guns was the answer we'd already be the safest country in the world, but we're far from it. To anyone with a shred of common sense would be able to determine from this that more guns does not equal more safety.

Hey dumbass where were all the shootings before say the mid 90s?I grew up in the 80s, we didnt have any, hell in the 50s noone had them.....

My question is, when do you think criminals will follow the laws?

YAWN.......You must think there are no criminals in Japan, or in Australia, or in Canada or in Germany. Man, you are pretty gullible.

so wait, you're saying they do have criminals???? I thought only the US had a crime problem because of guns?
Now you're learning.....haha

Hey dumbass where were all the shootings before say the mid 90s?I grew up in the 80s, we didnt have any, hell in the 50s noone had them.....

My question is, when do you think criminals will follow the laws?

YAWN.......You must think there are no criminals in Japan, or in Australia, or in Canada or in Germany. Man, you are pretty gullible.

Yeah, there are, but they don't treat all of their gun owners as criminals either. Unlike you.

Seeing the picture here?

Nope. Spell out for me how they have gun laws without treating gun owners as criminals, as you say.

boy you are dense. its about having equal footing with your attacker. you know why there are few reports of self defense where multiple shots are fired? because most people attacked are a statistic. they are dead. now had they had a gun with a 30 round mag, the attacker would be dead. why did so many die in sandy hook? they were all unarmed. thats usually the way it is.

Yes I do know. There are no reports because a hi cap magazine is not necessary for self defense.

So you are suggesting arming kindergardeners? And you call me dense....:cuckoo:

Bull shit. What firearm can you name that has a high capacity magazine? An Ar standard magazine is 30 rounds Glocks standard magazine is 15 to 21.

Can you then document an instance where someone needed a hi capacity magazine for defense? I'd like to hear.

boy you are dense. its about having equal footing with your attacker. you know why there are few reports of self defense where multiple shots are fired? because most people attacked are a statistic. they are dead. now had they had a gun with a 30 round mag, the attacker would be dead. why did so many die in sandy hook? they were all unarmed. thats usually the way it is.

Yes I do know. There are no reports because a hi cap magazine is not necessary for self defense.

intruder with a 30 round mag. you with a revolver. tell me, which one would you rather be?

Funny you should ask. My home defense weapon is a .357 revolver, so that is my choice. I think you greatly exaggerate the willingness of an intruder to get into a shootout. Most will get the heck out when the alarm goes off. The rest will disappear when they realize I am home and not sleeping. If we do have to shoot at each other it better not take me more than 3 shots or so. We fire off too many and one is sure to go through a wall and hurt someone or even go out a window and hurt a neighbor. Intruders are looking for valuables, not a fight. Now if you think there are big shootouts happening all across the country please document some examples.

Same with me. What takes me the longest is that I tend not to just drop my mag when I switch out. So my left hand is occupied until the empty is laid down. Under real conditions I'd just drop it out while I was grabbing the next mag. It certainly doesn't take me more than one second for the whole process.

This is just a feel good idea. It will have no impact and I don't see why I should be restricted just to make other people feel good. Show me something that will actually have an impact and I will be happy to consider it and possibly even support it. But this is just ridiculous.

If you really believe it makes little difference then you have no reason to be against restricting magazine size. Unless of course you don't even believe yourself.

Now you are going beyond ridiculous. If I think restricting people won't help then I should have no problem restricting people? Did you even read what you wrote before you posted it?

Ridiculous is pro gun people stating that magazine capacity doesn't matter because you can change the magazine in a fraction of a second. Then those same people being scared that the intruder will have a hi cap magazine and they won't. Now that is truly ridiculous.

Actually my point was you don't need hi cap magazines to hunt. I guess you just called hog hunter a single brain felled idiot. Ouch.
If you had a clue what you are talking about you might be surprised at how wrong you are about magazine capacity OUCH

Well tell me how I am wrong then. I've heard one pro gunner say you need a hi cap magazine for hunting and another say only an idiot needs one for hunting. Where is it you fall?

It is not unconstitutional to define "Arms" - All public Firearms to be lever or bolt action per round with non detachable magazines.
You are very clearly unaware of the current jurisprudence on this issue.

PratchettFan: Oh sure, I have a problem with it. I don't think it would be found constitutional. I don't think it is constitutional. But I am willing to see what the courts have to say about it. Not that I think it is going to come up.

... Not that I think it is going to come up.

M14 Shooter is a joke, "You are very clearly unaware of the current jurisprudence on this issue" - if passed by Congress and signed into Law the definition of "Arms" by legislation would be more likely upheld by the Courts as not, and most likely if the Judges political persuasion is not allowed to influence their decision.

PratchettFan, "Not that I think it is going to come up" may be correct in passing it through the present Congress however a maturing society will progressively come to a similar conclusion / compromise and the foolishness of present day gun fanaticism will become a relic of the past similar to such arguments as slavery, suffrage ... etc. etc.

taking away our rights is funny?

Fuck you people

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

In THAT order.

Why should your right to liberty (owning military weapons) trump my right to life?

If tanks, bazookas and grenade launchers can be kept out of the hands of civilians, so can assault style rifles with high capacity magazines.

It's unconstitutional to keep such arm from us.

Your right to life doesn't trump mine.

Shame the Devil and tell the truth...
If that were true you'd be driving a fully armed tank to work every day, wouldn't you?

No sir it does not. But our right to life trumps the liberty of all to own military grade weapons. Just rank the AR-15's where they should be - classed with tanks, bazookas and grenade launchers as able to kill way to fucking many Monkeys if any given sociopath decides it might be fun to play that game.

This is NOT rocket science, y'all.

taking away our rights is funny?

Fuck you people

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

In THAT order.

Why should your right to liberty (owning military weapons) trump my right to life?

If tanks, bazookas and grenade launchers can be kept out of the hands of civilians, so can assault style rifles with high capacity magazines.

B/c they are not supposed to be.

It's unconstitutional to keep such arm from us.

Your right to life doesn't trump mine.

If I'm attacked by a much bigger person or better fighter. What give you the right to say I get to be beaten to death b/c I can't carry an arm with me?

Nobody is saying that you can't own and use a gun to defend yourself.... but if you're such a piss-poor shot that you need 30 super-high velocity, Monkey maiming rounds to defend yourself, you may want to consider Tae Kwon Do instead.

The Aussies have passed reasonable gun control and nothing happened except a reduction in violence and an END to mass shootings.

:eusa_think: Can strict gun controls work?

God Damn total fucking lie.
Assault is the most common form of violent crime; rates of recorded assault have been increasing steadily over the past 10 or more years. Between 1995 and 2006, the rate of recorded assault rose significantly from 562.8 to 829.4 per 100,000 people (Kendall's tau = 0.88, p<0.05), an="" increase="" of="" 47="" percent="">Figure 2). Other research suggests this increase is not a recent phenomenon, but started to rise in the 1970s (Chappell 1995).

Australian Institute of Criminology - Trends in violent crime
Big fat liar!
Homicide has decreased by nine percent since 1990 and armed robbery by one-third since 2001, but recorded assaults and sexual assaults have both increased steadily in the past 10 years by over 40 percent and 20 percent respectively. The rate of aggravated assault appears to have contributed to the marked rise in recorded assault, and for both assault and sexual assault the rate of increase was greater for children aged under 15 years, with increases almost double that of the older age group.
it would seem increased reporting of assault is somewhat responsible for the rise in recorded assault rates against adult victims. However, victimisation survey data suggest there has been little change in rates of sexual assault, although reporting to police by women seems to have increased
The paper speculates that the rise could be due to better public understanding of child protection issues and increased reporting due to public awareness of what constitutes physical and sexual assault - especially within the family -

What exactly makes a person a gun nut? Owning more than one gun, liking to hunt, shooting at a gun range what?

It's a personal decision... I'm nuts about a few things, high velocity guns designed specifically to kill and maim en mass in situations of war just ain't one of em. A friend has let me practice with his .45 and I kind of like the size and feel of that gun, but I don't feel a need to buy one just yet.

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the attraction... But the AR-15 needs to be classed with other weapons designed for war and nothing else, like mortar launchers and F-16 Jets, and restricted to military hands.

What exactly makes a person a gun nut? Owning more than one gun, liking to hunt, shooting at a gun range what?

It's a personal decision... I'm nuts about a few things, high velocity guns designed specifically to kill and maim en mass in situations of war just ain't one of em. A friend has let me practice with his .45 and I kind of the size and feel of that gun, but I don't feel a need to buy one just yet.

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the attraction... But the AR-15 needs to be classed with other weapons designed for war and nothing else, like mortar launchers and F-16 Jets, and restricted to military hands.

LOL I gotcha, dam I need a mortar..........where can I get one..oh yeah the black market with the mexican drug dealers.......

The Aussies have passed reasonable gun control and nothing happened except a reduction in violence and an END to mass shootings.

:eusa_think: Can strict gun controls work?

God Damn total fucking lie.
Assault is the most common form of violent crime; rates of recorded assault have been increasing steadily over the past 10 or more years. Between 1995 and 2006, the rate of recorded assault rose significantly from 562.8 to 829.4 per 100,000 people (Kendall's tau = 0.88, p<0.05), an="" increase="" of="" 47="" percent="">Figure 2). Other research suggests this increase is not a recent phenomenon, but started to rise in the 1970s (Chappell 1995).

Big fat liar!
]
So your government is lying?

Bull shit. What firearm can you name that has a high capacity magazine? An Ar standard magazine is 30 rounds Glocks standard magazine is 15 to 21.

Can you then document an instance where someone needed a hi capacity magazine for defense? I'd like to hear.

Whether they need it or not some fire arms magazines are standard 17 rounds AR is 30 rounds.
he perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he’s staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver,” [Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman] told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh.
The woman then shot him five times, but he survived, Chapman said. He said the woman ran out of bullets but threatened to shoot the intruder if he moved.
“She’s standing over him, and she realizes she’s fired all six rounds. And the guy’s telling her to quit shooting,” Chapman said.

?My Wife Is a Hero?: Georgia Mother Shoots Home Intruder Five Times After Being Cornered in Attic | Video | TheBlaze.com

Forum List

Back