🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gun-Free Zones

I am surprised that people feel threatened at the sight of a gun. When I see someone with a gun at their hip I feel safer knowing someone can draw and fire back if the need arises.

Shootings would definitely be a problem without gun control. Don’t hear about shootings at nba games either.
Dude, there's shootings at every NBA game.... It's just usually the players. :113:

Some people have defended President Obama’s statement by pointing to the word “frequency.” But, even if one puts it in terms of frequency, the president’s statement is still false, with the US ranking 12th compared to European countries.

The average incident rate for the 28 EU countries is 0.0602 with a 95% confidence Interval of .0257 to .09477. The US rate is 0.078 is higher than the EU rate, but US and the average for EU countries are not statistically different. The average fatality rate for the 28 EU countries is 0.114 with a 95% confidence Interval of -.0244 to .253. The US rate is 0.089 is lower than the EU rate, but they are again not statistically significantly different.

There were 27% more casualties per capita from mass public shootings in EU than US from 2009-15

UPDATED: Comparing Death Rates from Mass Public Shootings and Mass Public Violence in the US and Europe - Crime Prevention Research Center

Click on Tables to Enlarge
Your source is propoganda. I linked how France has years without a mass shooting. We have them regularly.
They just had a mass shooting about a month ago.
UPDATED: France had more casualties from mass public shootings in 2015 than the US suffered during Obama’s entire presidency (532 to 527) - Crime Prevention Research Center

I am surprised that people feel threatened at the sight of a gun. When I see someone with a gun at their hip I feel safer knowing someone can draw and fire back if the need arises.

Shootings would definitely be a problem without gun control. Don’t hear about shootings at nba games either.
Dude, there's shootings at every NBA game.... It's just usually the players. :113:
If more guns made us safer our homicide rate wouldn’t be 4-5x higher than countries with strong gun control.

Some people have defended President Obama’s statement by pointing to the word “frequency.” But, even if one puts it in terms of frequency, the president’s statement is still false, with the US ranking 12th compared to European countries.

The average incident rate for the 28 EU countries is 0.0602 with a 95% confidence Interval of .0257 to .09477. The US rate is 0.078 is higher than the EU rate, but US and the average for EU countries are not statistically different. The average fatality rate for the 28 EU countries is 0.114 with a 95% confidence Interval of -.0244 to .253. The US rate is 0.089 is lower than the EU rate, but they are again not statistically significantly different.

There were 27% more casualties per capita from mass public shootings in EU than US from 2009-15

UPDATED: Comparing Death Rates from Mass Public Shootings and Mass Public Violence in the US and Europe - Crime Prevention Research Center

Click on Tables to Enlarge
Your source is propoganda. I linked how France has years without a mass shooting. We have them regularly.
They just had a mass shooting about a month ago.
UPDATED: France had more casualties from mass public shootings in 2015 than the US suffered during Obama’s entire presidency (532 to 527) - Crime Prevention Research Center
And some years they have none. Can’t imagine a year here with none. And police there are rarely shot and rarely shoot anyone. Sounds nice. No school shooting problem either.

Seems like there are a lot less shootings when less guns are around. How strange.

When was the last school shooting in the UK? I dont recall any...
Shouldn't just limit yourself to gun incident but all incidents of terrorism.
List of terrorist incidents in Great Britain - Wikipedia

2017, 22 May: Manchester Arena bombing – An Islamist suicide bomber, 22-year-old Salman Abedi, blew himself up at Manchester Arena as people were leaving a concert, killing 22 and injuring 139. It became the deadliest terrorist attack in Britain since the 7/7 London bombings in 2005. Many of the victims were children or teenagers, the youngest being an eight-year-old girl.

If more guns made us safer our homicide rate wouldn’t be 4-5x higher than countries with strong gun control.
Dude, that's kind of my point. Street gang bangers gun each other down all the time, so I feel safer when there's a responsible person with a gun nearby.

Seems like there are a lot less shootings when less guns are around. How strange.

Yes terrorists have hit us too. But here just an angry kid quickly becomes mass killer.
2017, 22 May: Manchester Arena bombing – An Islamist suicide bomber, 22-year-old Salman Abedi, blew himself up at Manchester Arena as people were leaving a concert, killing 22 and injuring 139. It became the deadliest terrorist attack in Britain since the 7/7 London bombings in 2005. Many of the victims were children or teenagers, the youngest being an eight-year-old girl.

Dude, that's kind of my point. Street gang bangers gun each other down all the time, so I feel safer when there's a responsible person with a gun nearby.
Lots of countries have gangs. Only when you throw in lots of guns are lots of people dying. Over 500 people die in accidental shootings, not so responsible.

Yes terrorists have hit us too. But here just an angry kid quickly becomes mass killer.
We have bombings too. But do they have angry children mass killers? Their homicide rate 1/4 of ours..

This makes you feel safer?

Woman dies after accidentally shooting herself at Ruby Tuesday

Could have easily accidently shot anyone there. You realize people are regularly accidently shot during gun training right?

Splashed across the headlines, one more result of the Legal initiative known as 'Gun-Free Zones.'

One ineffective, inane, policy, like welfare, that accomplished the very opposite of the problem it claims to solve.

1. "Ten killed in shooting at Ore. community college"Ten killed in shooting at Ore. community college

a. And, another result of Liberal antipathy to religion:

"Father of Umpqua college shooting victim: Gunman singled out Christians" Umpqua College gunman apparently targeted Christians - CNN.com

mAPBA_xFilSRJnshHRPZnsQ.jpg

QED....Liberalism....insanity.
/—-/ Here’s Another: 'Gun free zone' law disarmed Virginia Beach shooting victim, attorney says

Don't be afraid.....confront the reality of gun laws.

1. What gun laws will criminals obey?

Or.....are gun laws merely meant to restrict law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves from the criminals that Liberals support?

2. Since Liberals favor open borders, why would there be any expectation that illegal guns wouldn't always be available to criminals?

3. Why did you choose an avi so clearly the obverse of your condition?
Oh so I proved we have way more mass shootings and homicides than countries with strong gun control and now you want to move on. I accept your defeat.

1. Gun laws seem to work great in countries with strong gun control. They have much less gun crime.
2. Not a liberal.
3. I've sure been owning you.

I expect you will jump around again.

Not at all.

I simply focus on the questions central to the issue, questions you are afraid to address.

Or.....are gun laws merely meant to restrict law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves from the criminals that Liberals support?

2. Since Liberals favor open borders, why would there be any expectation that illegal guns wouldn’t always be available to criminals?

3. Against whom, exactly are gun-free zone laws directed?

4. Since Obama instituted a policy that prevented Nikolas Cruz from being arrested, what is the rationale for background checks?

5. Do you know the percentage of licensed gun owners who are arrested for gun violations? I do.
You just stupidly repeat yourself and ignore the facts. You are another forum empty head. Pathetic.

Stop begging......of course you can have another chance:

2. Since Liberals favor open borders, why would there be any expectation that illegal guns wouldn’t always be available to criminals?

3. Against whom, exactly, are gun-free zone laws directed?

4. Since Obama instituted a policy that prevented Nikolas Cruz from being arrested, what is the rationale for background checks?

5. Do you know the percentage of licensed gun owners who are arrested for gun violations? I do.

OK.....what are your answers?
Wow and again you stupidly ignore the answers already given. Sorry, but you have lost.

Oooo......I made you feel bad?

Now, now......finding out that your worldview was false, and everything you believed in is simply in error.....well, isn't it better that you've learned it now, rather than later, when you'd be even more embarrassed?

Now you can go take a nap, and never make that mistake again.

Forum List

Back