Gun nut pulls gun at Home Depot

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Possibly saves life of unarmed security guard. This is simply more proof that the only people that should have guns are police.

A customer with a handgun stopped a shoplifting suspect from slashing a security officer with a contaminated needle and syringe outside a Home Depot store in Roseville, police said.
Joshua J. Silva, 26, was arrested a short time after the incident Monday night at the Home Depot at 13 Mile and Little Mack.
Silva was ordered held in the Macomb County Jail on $25,000 bond after being arraigned today on second-degree retail fraud, a one-year misdemeanor, and assault with intent to do great bodily harm, a 10-year felony. A preliminary exam is set for April 2 in 39th District Court in Roseville.

Customer with gun stops man stabbing security officer at Home Depot, Roseville police say | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

That loss prevention officer was stupid as fuck. I would fire his ass and blacklist him from ever working security ever again. What he did basically says that he thinks his life is worth less than a $179 drill at Home Depot.

As security and loss prevention you never, EVER, try to physically restrain someone, unless a life is at stake.

Possibly saves life of unarmed security guard. This is simply more proof that the only people that should have guns are police.

A customer with a handgun stopped a shoplifting suspect from slashing a security officer with a contaminated needle and syringe outside a Home Depot store in Roseville, police said.
Joshua J. Silva, 26, was arrested a short time after the incident Monday night at the Home Depot at 13 Mile and Little Mack.
Silva was ordered held in the Macomb County Jail on $25,000 bond after being arraigned today on second-degree retail fraud, a one-year misdemeanor, and assault with intent to do great bodily harm, a 10-year felony. A preliminary exam is set for April 2 in 39th District Court in Roseville.

Customer with gun stops man stabbing security officer at Home Depot, Roseville police say | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

ummm...

an armed private citizen saves the day... and you cite this as proof that only police should have guns...?!

apparently, the logic in your universe is way different than the logic in mine...

Ummm... Okay. So if he "stopped" him from stabbing the guy... how did this happen/

They said he stabbed one of the officers several times with the contaminated needle. Berlin said the victim had more than five puncture wounds on the top of his hand.

and

Silva stopped fighting and sat down in the parking lot, police said, but jumped up and ran when he heard approaching police sirens. The loss prevention officers allowed him to run and police officers arrested him without further incident.

Well, that gun was helpful.

ummm...

an armed private citizen saves the day... and you cite this as proof that only police should have guns...?!

apparently, the logic in your universe is way different than the logic in mine...

Yeah, I don't get the logic behind the OPs statement either. The shopper did the right thing.

I hope the guard doesn't come down with hepatitis or AIDS. We don't have security in any box store around here, I pity the area like the libs pity the regions they haven't effed up yet. I do think it should be legal for security to carry and use OC spray but they better be damned sure they can back up their actions.

ummm...

Your sarcasm meter is broken, you know me better than that.

ummm...

I think it was a botched attempt at sarcasm.

Ummm... Okay. So if he "stopped" him from stabbing the guy... how did this happen/

They said he stabbed one of the officers several times with the contaminated needle. Berlin said the victim had more than five puncture wounds on the top of his hand.

and

Silva stopped fighting and sat down in the parking lot, police said, but jumped up and ran when he heard approaching police sirens. The loss prevention officers allowed him to run and police officers arrested him without further incident.

Is your inability to admit the truth a congenital defect, or are you just a fuckwad?

and

Is your inability to admit the truth a congenital defect, or are you just a fuckwad?

Joes an intellectually dishonest asshole.

and

Yeah. It stopped the guy from sticking everyone.

and

Your point was that the gun "stopped" him from stabbing the Loss Protection Guy.

But the loss prevention guy got stabbed with a contaminated needle. Hope he doesn't get Hepatitis C or AIDS, because Home Depot has shitty health coverage. Oh, did I mention that the co-founder was recently whining about how the rich are like the Jews in Germany? No seriously, he said this. But I digress.

So the guy got away AND the cops, not the citizen with a gun, arrested him.

I mean, i count my blessings. The Gun Owner here didn't shoot a kid for playing music too loud and buying a bag of Skittles, so you have to admire his restraint.

and

Your point was that the gun "stopped" him from stabbing the Loss Protection Guy.

But the loss prevention guy got stabbed with a contaminated needle. Hope he doesn't get Hepatitis C or AIDS, because Home Depot has shitty health coverage. Oh, did I mention that the co-founder was recently whining about how the rich are like the Jews in Germany? No seriously, he said this. But I digress.

I mean, i count my blessings. The Gun Owner here didn't shoot a kid for playing music too loud and buying a bag of Skittles, so you have to admire his restraint.

Was he supposed to shoot him after he had him disarmed?

The guy did not get away, he was arrested when the police showed up. If there had been an off duty cop there who held him at gunpoint because he didn't have handcuffs, and he had run at the exact same time, you would be arguing that the off duty cop stopped the attack, and proclaiming far and wide that we need more cops.

But, please, keep demonstrating your complete inability to form a coherent chain of thought.

and

Joe you're so full of shit, the point is a citizen stopped a crime, not the police, since the citizen was armed, he had the means to do it.

I don't want to wait for idiots like Bucs to show up 30 min after 17 people were stabbed with this thing.

Even you blessed Eisenhower Republicans would have loved it.

Forum List

Back