Gun nuts, what good came of this?

Children can be injured or suffer death by so many means possible in even the most harmless environments.

Over the weekend a toddler was found suffocated to death in a bean bag chair during a game of hide and seek.

I just finished reading an article about a toddler who drowned in a toilet bowl.

Family's horror after toddler drowns face-down in aunt's toilet while visiting for Rosh Hashanah

Read more: Mendi Altman: Family's horror after toddler drowns face-down in aunt's toilet while visiting for Rosh Hashanah | Mail Online

These are tragedies. Some preventable albeit. But they are tragedies that occur daily across the planet even in the most harmless possible situations as I stated before.

The gun nuts always say that if everyone had guns, there wouldn't be gun deaths.
This is made-up nonsense.

Never mind how utterly brainless that non-argument is,...
What did you expect from the made-up nonsense that you made-up to be nonsense?

how do you idiots rationalize this?
How is anyone but you the idiot here, and why should anyone but you "rationalize" your made-up nonsense?

How would you gun nuts tell this baby to fight against the stupidity of parents who just have to have their guns?
I wouldn't. Talking to babies about such things doesn't make any sense.

Irony: stockpiling guns to protect yourself from the government that is Constitutionally obligated to let you have guns.
Irony: Losing to your own strawman argument.

Last edited:
The Illinois Police have not issued my FOID Card. I applied 55 days ago. The law says they State police have 30 days to either deny application or issue FOID Card. They've pretty much stolen 10 dollars from me and there's nothing I can do about it. The delay is not an actionable offense, but the petty theft might be.

Far more children die from ingesting prescription drugs left out than from guns. Unless someone wants to propose making stupidity illegal that's the price we pay for a free society.

Anybody wanna bet the gun nuts will say they keep their guns safely put away? Or, even worse, that they "teach" their children about guns.

That's what the grandfather of one of the Columbine shooters said too. He also said he planned to continue to keep guns around his other grand kids.

SickSickSick bastards.
I keep every firearm I have loaded and at the ready, the grand kids have been taught not to touch them.
Dumb ass you do not want to keep things from kids. if you treat it like it's forbidden fruit and hide it from them they will search until they find it.

reality: trigger locks prevent this, keeping pistols away from kids prevent this....you dont wanna hear the facts but i am a gun owner and i have never had a gun accident....why....i know the gun rules...and yes, i taught my son the gun rules....see how simple that is....

In Ireland, the only guns that you are allowed to own are hunting rifles. These must be kept in gun lockers, and if you own one, the police are allowed to check to make sure that your rifle is stored safely and properly.

I grew up with a loaded rifle next to the back door and a cabinet full of firearms and ammunition that was accessible at any time. I was told I was not to touch a weapon without permission and I knew what the consequences would be if I didn't obey the rules. To this day there is still a loaded rifle standing by the back door. It only gets put away when someone comes with children not raised around firearms.

You are just lucky that nothing bad happened. Are you suggesting that children always do as they are told?

As I have said before, I own guns. Please take note of the last lines of my first post.

Comparing gun deaths with abortion is just plain stoopid.

There were no trigger guards. DUH. No its not "simple". If it were, this child would not be in a grave MINUS HIS BRAIN and making a joke of this is - - - shit. You know what? Its exactly what I have come to expect from assholes like the rw's on this board.

Some of you rw's are really and truly pond scum. And, you are beyond merely stupid. The problem is, you won't know that until and unless one of your own children is killed by one of your educated guns and even then, you would most certainly blame a liberal.

There is nothing "political" about this baby's death. For any of you to step over this child's body to suggest otherwise is reprehensible.
One of my children was killed by a firearm, you disgusting piece of shit. Have your rep turned back of so I can neg your ass into oblivion where you belong.

You just stepped on your previous point. And look at who agreed with you.

reality: trigger locks prevent this, keeping pistols away from kids prevent this....you dont wanna hear the facts but i am a gun owner and i have never had a gun accident....why....i know the gun rules...and yes, i taught my son the gun rules....see how simple that is....

In Ireland, the only guns that you are allowed to own are hunting rifles. These must be kept in gun lockers, and if you own one, the police are allowed to check to make sure that your rifle is stored safely and properly.

This ain't Ireland.

This ain't Ireland.

About as stupid a response as I would expect from you.

Of course it's a terrible tragedy when a kid accidently kills himself with his daddy's gun.

And perhaps the Daddy ought to be held accountable if it can be shown that daddy didn't take due diligence to keep the guns out of the kids hands.

But kids kill themselves accidently in all sorts of ways and with the exception of the gun deaths, nobody ever calls for the bannning of whatever it was that killed them.

When a kid drowns in a pool, do any of you demand the end to privately owned pools? Of course not, because that would be a stupid response, wouldn't it?

So too should be the thinking with gun accidents.

Bear in mind that I have complete contempt for gun queers, but demanding that guns be banned because daddy or his kid is especially stupid is a rather silly demand.

You wouldn't expect the same for swimming pools, diving boards, cars, power tools or any of the rest of our technology that kids accidently kill themselves with, but somehow some of us think that guns are so different that they must deserve special treatment.

They don't.

Of course it's a terrible tragedy when a kid accidently kills himself with his daddy's gun.

And perhaps the Daddy ought to be held accountable if it can be shown that daddy didn't take due diligence to keep the guns out of the kids hands.

But kids kill themselves accidently in all sorts of ways and with the exception of the gun deaths, nobody ever calls for the bannning of whatever it was that killed them.

When a kid drowns in a pool, do any of you demand the end to privately owned pools? Of course not, because that would be a stupid response, wouldn't it?

So too should be the thinking with gun accidents.

Bear in mind that I have complete contempt for gun queers, but demanding that guns be banned because daddy or his kid is especially stupid is a rather silly demand.

You wouldn't expect the same for swimming pools, diving boards, cars, power tools or any of the rest of our technology that kids accidently kill themselves with, but somehow some of us think that guns are so different that they must deserve special treatment.

They don't.

Children should be protected in any way possible from accidents. If a child drowns from negligence, it should be addressed, such as seat belts in automobiles.

Clearly no good came of this tragic occurrence,trying to make a political point from it kinda sucks dog balls.

I do not see how this is a political point, it is just common sense to protect children.

Yes it is no argument there,but how many times did the OP us RW's ?? it was trying to make political hay with this tragic thing that is as plan as the sun comes up in the morning.

Linkin Leatham, 'Miracle' Baby, Dies After Accidentally Shooting Himself With Father's Gun

The first two months of Linkin's life were spent inside a children's hospital where he bounced back from the unspecified congenital ailments. As his parents said in the obit, he was "a fighter from the beginning."
The gun nuts always say that if everyone had guns, there wouldn't be gun deaths. Never mind how utterly brainless that non-argument is, how do you idiots rationalize this?

How would you gun nuts tell this baby to fight against the stupidity of parents who just have to have their guns?

Irony: stockpiling guns to protect yourself from the government that is Constitutionally obligated to let you have guns.

Shit happens.

Because some fucking idiot like luddly isn't smart enough to keep his gun where a kid can't get at it no one should be allowed to legally own a gun.

Typical liberal idiocy. But par for the course once again.

Because some fucking idiot like luddly isn't smart enough to keep his gun where a kid can't get at it no one should be allowed to legally own a gun.

Typical liberal idiocy. But par for the course once again.

Dudley dont own a gun.....you can tell by his post he is fairly anti-gun ownership....if he did and was ok with people owning them he would not have mentioned RIGHT-WINGERS and he would not have said all the anti gun ownership shit that he said.....an "Independent" which he has identified himself as..... would have said it different......the guys a fraud.....

Far more children die from ingesting prescription drugs left out than from guns. Unless someone wants to propose making stupidity illegal that's the price we pay for a free society.

Are we not to protect children because of this?

Protect them from what? Stupidity? Unless you want to post a policeman 24/7 in any house with kids it's impossible.

Forum List

Back