Gun owner who saved Arizona Trooper, was a felon who had gun rights restored...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Well, well, well........here we have someone who did their time, stayed clean and then had their Right to bear arms restored....and then used that Right to save the life of an Arizona State Trooper.....I hope this man keeps on the straight and narrow......he saved a life....

Former Felon With Restored Gun Rights Saved Trooper in Arizona Ambush

Consider former felon Thomas Yoxall’s debt to society paid in full, with interest.

The man who shot and killed an assault suspect on a dark highway in Arizona, rescuing a state trooper, said on Wednesday that he doesn’t think of himself as a hero.

The Good Samaritan had requested media anonymity since the early-morning January 12 incident on Interstate 10.

Today, he made his first appearance since the incident at a news conference at the headquarters of the Arizona Department of Public Safety.

He identified himself as Thomas Yoxall, 43, a maintenance supervisor with a passion for photography and reading.

And he mentioned that he has a “past.”

As court records show, that past includes a 2000 conviction for felony theft.

Fortunately for DPS Trooper Edward Andersson, whose life hung on the edge before Yoxall showed up on January 12, Yoxall had his gun rights restored in 2003 after he successfully completed probation.

Yoxall has paid back his debt to society — big-time.

“That morning, I never would have dreamt that I was going to save somebody’s life, let alone take the life of another individual,” Yoxall said. “I don’t recall any thought or feeling of fear. It happened very quickly. There wasn’t necessarily time for me to react, or think logically. I don’t consider myself a hero that day.”

Yet DPS officials describe Yoxall’s actions in terms that could, in fact, best be described as heroic.

If you ask me I think anyone who has done time should get their voting rights, and their gun rights back. The only way I see where someone should not own a gun is possibly a hard core proven murder which was done lets say in cold blood , the mental status based off real mental issues not some Obama fk tard mental issues which can give someone a mental illness for eating to much . ALL RIGHTS should legally be given back.

If you ask me I think anyone who has done time should get their voting rights, and their gun rights back. The only way I see where someone should not own a gun is possibly a hard core proven murder which was done lets say in cold blood , the mental status based off real mental issues not some Obama fk tard mental issues which can give someone a mental illness for eating to much . ALL RIGHTS should legally be given back.

Murder should be the death penalty.....then they could never own a gun again......

Murder should be the death penalty.....then they could never own a gun again......

No. If they are a threat to society, they should never be released back into society.

It depends on the crime.. It depends on the crime.

It does, but lets say a murder happens and it was an accident but it killed someone, or sometimes an abused wife grabs a gun just to threaten her husband who is hitting her she just wanted to scare him off her but it accidentally goes off on him and kills him etc. I don't think those issues should ban a person from ever owning a gun.

All non violent crimes deserve to have thier gun rights back. I mean drug users seriously , or bad check writer there are too many crimes stripping people of their right to own a gun and or vote again being stripped and it's a politcal scam to keep less gun owners.

It does, but lets say a murder happens and it was an accident but it killed someone, or sometimes an abused wife grabs a gun just to threaten her husband who is hitting her she just wanted to scare him off her but it accidentally goes off on him and kills him etc. I don't think those issues should ban a person from ever owning a gun.

All non violent crimes deserve to have thier gun rights back. I mean drug users seriously , or bad check writer there are too many crimes stripping people of their right to own a gun and or vote again being stripped and it's a politcal scam to keep less gun owners.

But if he's been hitting on her, she should be able to shoot him & still not lose her rights...nevermind 'accident'

If they can't be trusted to own guns, they should not be released.

Like I said, it depends on the crime and I fully support non violent offenders being able to regain their rights. Violent offenders though, it depends. Neither of your what if's are very compelling, now, if it were a mother murdering someone who had threatened her child, and had the means to carry out that threat, that I would consider.

If they can't be trusted to own guns, they should not be released.

You know in some states you can go to jail just for yelling at your spouse. So then what a person should lose their gun rights over some bs law like that.

I disagree with this to a point.......I wouldn't be giving a gun to an armed robber or rapist or, or, or to go out & do it again

I disagree with this to a point.......I wouldn't be giving a gun to an armed robber or rapist or, or, or to go out & do it again

Oh def. but there are far to many scenarios to list everything know what I mean. .
Where no doubts lie for me though is like I said above non violent should get their rights back.

Well, well, well........here we have someone who did their time, stayed clean and then had their Right to bear arms restored....and then used that Right to save the life of an Arizona State Trooper.....I hope this man keeps on the straight and narrow......he saved a life....

Former Felon With Restored Gun Rights Saved Trooper in Arizona Ambush

Consider former felon Thomas Yoxall’s debt to society paid in full, with interest.

The man who shot and killed an assault suspect on a dark highway in Arizona, rescuing a state trooper, said on Wednesday that he doesn’t think of himself as a hero.

The Good Samaritan had requested media anonymity since the early-morning January 12 incident on Interstate 10.

Today, he made his first appearance since the incident at a news conference at the headquarters of the Arizona Department of Public Safety.

He identified himself as Thomas Yoxall, 43, a maintenance supervisor with a passion for photography and reading.

And he mentioned that he has a “past.”

As court records show, that past includes a 2000 conviction for felony theft.

Fortunately for DPS Trooper Edward Andersson, whose life hung on the edge before Yoxall showed up on January 12, Yoxall had his gun rights restored in 2003 after he successfully completed probation.

Yoxall has paid back his debt to society — big-time.

“That morning, I never would have dreamt that I was going to save somebody’s life, let alone take the life of another individual,” Yoxall said. “I don’t recall any thought or feeling of fear. It happened very quickly. There wasn’t necessarily time for me to react, or think logically. I don’t consider myself a hero that day.”

Yet DPS officials describe Yoxall’s actions in terms that could, in fact, best be described as heroic.

Speaking of guns this petition is circulating .....
Repeal the NFA

Repeal the NFA | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

Forum List

Back