Gun Sales Spike 11% in June- Busiest June Ever!

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
I suspect further infringements of our civil rights are numbered. Americans are arming up. And for good reason.

-Geaux
-----------------------------

Gun sales spike in June

Background checks for gun sales spiked 11% in June compared to last year, making it the busiest June ever, according to the FBI's background check data.

Last month the FBI conducted nearly 1.53 million background checks, which are required for all in-store purchases, but not for all sales at gun shows or any transactions between individuals. (Federally registered dealers who sell at shows must conduct background checks, but not all sellers are federally registered.)

That's the highest volume of checks in June since 1999, when the FBI started keeping track.

Gun background checks have climbed annually since 2003 with the exception of just three years, one of which was 2014, indicating a clear jump in gun sales.

Michael Bazinet, spokesman for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, a gun industry group, said the increase is driven in part by the influx of more women and first-time gun owners into the market.

150707141741-gun-store-780x439.jpg

Background checks are on the rise, as customers flock to shops like The Gun Store in Las Vegas.

Mass shootings can also trigger sales spikes, because they tend to spark more talk about and fear of tighter gun controls. Background checks for gun sales jumped 40% in December 2012, the month of the Sandy Hook massacre.

The June 17 murder of nine black parishioners in a Charleston, S.C. church prompted President Obama to again address the need for more gun control, but experts doubt there's any connection between that tragedy and sales.

In fact, May 2015 was also a record month for background checks year-over-year.

Gun sales spike in June - Jul. 7 2015

If they want to infringe on people's rights, all they do is make sure they advertise themselves so they get people with guns to do the infringing for them.

"Hey guys, so... you know the constitution protects gay people right, well, let's say we ignore this and just lynch them instead."

"Yeah, let's kill...."

I didn't notice where in the cite it stated people were buying guns to go after gays. Could you please point it out to me, or are you just a one trick pony unable to understand other issues.

I suspect further infringements of our civil rights are numbered. Americans are arming up. And for good reason.

-Geaux
-----------------------------

Gun sales spike in June

Background checks for gun sales spiked 11% in June compared to last year, making it the busiest June ever, according to the FBI's background check data.

Last month the FBI conducted nearly 1.53 million background checks, which are required for all in-store purchases, but not for all sales at gun shows or any transactions between individuals. (Federally registered dealers who sell at shows must conduct background checks, but not all sellers are federally registered.)

That's the highest volume of checks in June since 1999, when the FBI started keeping track.

Gun background checks have climbed annually since 2003 with the exception of just three years, one of which was 2014, indicating a clear jump in gun sales.

Michael Bazinet, spokesman for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, a gun industry group, said the increase is driven in part by the influx of more women and first-time gun owners into the market.

150707141741-gun-store-780x439.jpg

Background checks are on the rise, as customers flock to shops like The Gun Store in Las Vegas.

Mass shootings can also trigger sales spikes, because they tend to spark more talk about and fear of tighter gun controls. Background checks for gun sales jumped 40% in December 2012, the month of the Sandy Hook massacre.

The June 17 murder of nine black parishioners in a Charleston, S.C. church prompted President Obama to again address the need for more gun control, but experts doubt there's any connection between that tragedy and sales.

In fact, May 2015 was also a record month for background checks year-over-year.

Gun sales spike in June - Jul. 7 2015

Good economic news. Hope most are made in US.

I have usually bought hunting rifles (or handguns) in June or July, for the seasons starting in the Fall.

If they want to infringe on people's rights, all they do is make sure they advertise themselves so they get people with guns to do the infringing for them.

"Hey guys, so... you know the constitution protects gay people right, well, let's say we ignore this and just lynch them instead."

"Yeah, let's kill...."

Have you been drinking...besides..it was democrats who liked to lynch people...and they are the party that only wants police to have guns......

I didn't notice where in the cite it stated people were buying guns to go after gays. Could you please point it out to me, or are you just a one trick pony unable to understand other issues.

go with the one trick pony thought...he is a lefty so walking and chewing gum are hard for him...

Forum List

Back