🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Guy wearing Trump hat sues bar for refusing to serve him

It is a private business so they should be able to refuse service. Now where are the Liberals spitting blood because someone was refused service ? Waiting, waiting .........

Was there a visible sign say we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone?

Bars should be able to tell customers "no more" or take their keys and call them a cab.
Prejudice for voting should not be valid reason though. Nor should wearing the cap of different team.

This is not blacks refused service in white only establishments or white only fountains. Those times are in the past.

Trump is president, wearing a hat with his name on it should be allowed in the US, regardless of business or the politics of the owners. He is POTUS for the next four years. Time to get on with making the country better for americans, all americans. If you hate america and americans so much, get out and find another country.

This is not a case of gang tattoos and walking into another gangs hand out or walking on the wrong side of the street. Those things should not happen either but that situation will have to be taken care of in it own time. Priorities

I hope all the snowflakes melt this summer and provide lots of water for reservoir and aquifers. Water for plants and hopefully few fires to be put out.

Trouble makers should stay out of bars. The guy should have stuffed his hat into his back pocket when it became obvious he was offending some people. Same if it was a black lives matter hat, don't force your politics on people in a bar. That is how fights get started.

Trouble makers should stay out of bars. The guy should have stuffed his hat into his back pocket when it became obvious he was offending some people. Same if it was a black lives matter hat, don't force your politics on people in a bar. That is how fights get started.

Oh, come on. Wearing a hat doesn't force your politics on anyone.

I live in a Resort with lots of bars and none of them allow hats. Hats and bars do not mix well unless you like to have lots of fights in the bar.

Trump is president, wearing a hat with his name on it should be allowed in the US, regardless of business or the politics of the owners. He is POTUS for the next four years. Time to get on with making the country better for americans, all americans. If you hate america and americans so much, get out and find another country.

That's got zero to do with who a business chooses to serve or not serve. As your opening line notes, establishments put signs up saying "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone". That's a behavioral standard. Which would also include a dress code. There are other establishments that won't let you in without a jacket and tie for instance.

This is not a case of gang tattoos and walking into another gangs hand out or walking on the wrong side of the street.

Actually it is much the same thing. I've noted upthread that besides what's mentioned above there are establishments that ban "biker colors". And I'm sure there are those that ban gang emblems. This is part of the same thing, for the same reason. Perhaps the bar is full of Rump-haters and they don't want a rumble. Or if you prefer, a Rumpble.

Which reminds me of a joke.

A blind man walks into a bar and says to the bartender loudly, "hey you wanna hear a Dallas Cowboys joke?"

The guy next to him leans over and advises him in a low voice, "Buddy, before you tell that joke, you need to know a few things. The bartender is a Cowboys fan. The bouncer is a Cowboys fan. The owner is a Cowboys fan. The guy on my left is a wrestler and the guy on your right is a bodybuilder, and we're all Cowboys fans. Now are you sure you still wanna tell that joke?"

"No" says the blind man. "Not if I'm gonna have to explain it six times".

If someone thinks otherwise they are sniveling snowflake

I live in a Resort with lots of bars and none of them allow hats. Hats and bars do not mix well unless you like to have lots of fights in the bar.

While I think that is a silly rule, the decision should ultimately rest with the business. Such a dress code rule would make me walk past such an establishment, though. I love me a ball cap. lol

It does not matter who it offends or if they are what you call a sniveling snowflake. The bartenders and staff are there to earn a living and provide a comfortable and safe place for the customers. Even if they agree with the message on a hat or t-shirt, they still have an obligation and job to provide a comfortable and safe environment. When the dopey drinker starts putting down multiple drinks and begins getting intoxicated and ignores hints that his hat is becoming a problem it is time to get rid of him.

and what about t-shirts saying Trump-Pence 2020?

do they allow that or is only hats they don't allow?

curious minds want to know :dunno:

What prolly matters from their POV is not that a hat "forces" anything --- but that other people will infer it.

While I think that is a silly rule, the decision should ultimately rest with the business. Such a dress code rule would make me walk past such an establishment, though. I love me a ball cap. lol
In the day time, the hats are OK. At night, too many drunks, male and female, who want to try on another person's hat.

It does not matter who it offends or if they are what you call a sniveling snowflake. The bartenders and staff are there to earn a living and provide a comfortable and safe place for the customers. Even if they agree with the message on a hat or t-shirt, they still have an obligation and job to provide a comfortable and safe environment. When the dopey drinker starts putting down multiple drinks and begins getting intoxicated and ignores hints that his hat is becoming a problem it is time to get rid of him.

The article never stated the drinker was intoxicated, causing problems or is dopey you dishonest hack.

You're fucking worthless...oh and a sniveling snowflake, there is little doubt of that

Wanna see 'sniveling snowflake' --- from the last line of the OP:

"Piatek’s lawyer Paul Liggieri called the incident “humiliating,” saying it was his client’s “saddest hour.”

Got that? Being snubbed for your third drink in a bar is his "saddest hour". :eusa_boohoo: Some life.

It isn't about the message in the examples I am giving. It's just something about drunks getting goofy and thinking it's cool to swipe someone's hat off their head and that starts the trouble. Picture a drunk girl swiping a hat off some guys head, the guy grabbing the hat back, or attempting to, and watch how the boyfriend or alpha males react.

It isn't about the message in the examples I am giving. It's just something about drunks getting goofy and thinking it's cool to swipe someone's hat off their head and that starts the trouble. Picture a drunk girl swiping a hat off some guys head, the guy grabbing the hat back, or attempting to, and watch how the boyfriend or alpha males react.

In other words you're making shit up to try and suit your agenda, hack

We do not know the case fully. Perhaps the man with the Trump hat was provoking customers who just wanted a beer without political stuff.

Lol! Do you always make excuses for people when they agree with your politics?
Politics should be left outside of a bar.

You should not be punished for your political affiliation, the bar is wrong. History has long proved that politics and pubs, bars are instrumental in politics.

The article never stated the drinker was intoxicated, causing problems or is dopey you dishonest hack.

You're fucking worthless...oh and a sniveling snowflake, there is little doubt of that
FU asshole. I still work a bar once in awhile. The guy was on his third drink and it is up to the bartenders to decide if he was getting too intoxicated. By law asshole, that is the bartender's decision and legal obligation.

We do not know the case fully. Perhaps the man with the Trump hat was provoking customers who just wanted a beer without political stuff.

You should not be punished for your political affiliation, the bar is wrong. History has long proved that politics and pubs, bars are instrumental in politics.

You can bet your sweet eye the bar is wrong.

If the owner doesn't like other people's points of view go move to North Korea!

Open a bar there creep!

Not getting your third drink is not "being punished". :lol:

But congratulations on doing a complete 180 from where you started in this thread:

Politics is not included in the reasons you cannot discriminate. So I doubt he will win. To me it is a private business, the owner can do what he wants, and I won't frequent a business that discriminates because of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, politics or tries to force a political opinion.

You were for it before you were against it. You oughta run for office.

Not getting your third drink is not "being punished". :lol:

But congratulations on doing a complete 180 from where you started in this thread:

Politics is not included in the reasons you cannot discriminate. So I doubt he will win. To me it is a private business, the owner can do what he wants, and I won't frequent a business that discriminates because of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, politics or tries to force a political opinion.

You were for it before you were against it. You oughta run for office.

The bar can discriminate because of politics, and that is the law, however I don't agree that bars should discriminate based on politics. See one is the law, the other is my personal opinion.

Forum List

Back