Guys, tipping is racist. Now that you know will you continue to tip?

When I was a bartender in college ... I would often find my uncashed paychecks laying around.
I had far more cash in my pocket than the piddling pay I was owed by the employer at $2.13 per hour.

Depends on where you work, and gender can play a significant role as well ... :thup:

/-----/ As a bartender in a college pub (back when 18 was the drinking age) I was paid $1.50 an hour plus tips. The minimum wage was $2.10, but I'd go home with $35 + on a good night from 6 pm to 2 am. You do the math.

When I was in New Zealand some 50 years ago, tipping was considered an insult to the owner of the establishment for not paying the help enough.

That's because wait staff in New Zealand are paid a living wage, and not 1/3 of the current (totally inadequate) minimum wage like they are in the USA. American wait staff have to tolerate sexual advances, and all manner of rude behaviour so they don't piss off these jerks and get nothing. Owners and managers tell women to wear low cut tops. Some chains dress their waitresses in skimpy costumes as part of the appeal.

$2.50 and hour and all the abuse you can handle.

Even employers know that tits and ass can sometimes sell more beer, and keep a tip jar stuffed ... :auiqs.jpg:
Hooters skipped the bullshit and put it in their name.

I was so bummed when I had to turn down a cocktailing job at the Airport Holiday Inn in an oil town in Texas, where the uniform was a tiny gold lame skirt and bra with a white chiffon shirt, and gold cowboy hat and boots. I was even practicing my "Howdy y'all. What can Ah get for yew gentlemen?"

Like I said, the left will do whatever it takes to destroy the lives of working people.

Who was it that cancelled overtime pay for fast food workers making less than $45,000 per year.

Which political party has raised the minimum wage only once in the last 40 years?

Which political party refuses to prosecute employers who give American jobs to illegal immigrants?

Which political party has passed legislation limiting workers' rights, and union rights?

Which political party refuses to mandate health insurance for ALL workers, maternity leave or job security for female workers, or sick or family leave for workers?

Tell me exactly what has the Republican Party done for working people? When Reagan was elected and changed the tax code to favour the wealthy, American workers owned 5% of the nation's wealth. After 40 years of Republican tax and labour law policies, the American workers own no measurable share of America's wealth, and have seen the buying power of their wages stagnate and errode to the point where they are now dependent on earned income credits, and other government programs, to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Their children are graduating school with an average of $50,000 in student debt, and are living in their parent's basements until past their 30th birthdays, because they can't afford to live on their own.

I was so bummed when I had to turn down a cocktailing job at the Airport Holiday Inn in an oil town in Texas, where the uniform was a tiny gold lame skirt and bra with a white chiffon shirt, and gold cowboy hat and boots. I was even practicing my "Howdy y'all. What can Ah get for yew gentlemen?"

The only place I was ever slinging drinks that had a weird "uniform" ... It was shorts and a Hawiian shirt.
You could wear whatever you wanted under the shirt.

Dang, we would get "in the weeds" at that place ... It was popular.
There would be times it was 4 deep at the bar, 5 hours of steady hustle slinging, and your socks would be soaking wet at the end of your shift.

You could walk out with $250 easy cash on a Wednesday evening though.

I don't tip waiters, because I'm a sexist pig. Although I tip all bartenders. I suppose I can stop tipping black waitresses so as to not cause them emotional trauma due to some bygone institution that my own ancestors did not participate in. Will that make them happy though?

Is this now the excuse to not tip? Tell the waiter/waitress they don’t want to insult them? As opposed to, “why should I pay them so I can eat the food I paid for?” Because that’s not insulting.

So is tipping racist or not?

We all need to know so we don't insult waiters and waitresses.

Does the IRS still tax wait staff 8% of their wages for tips?

Ask any bartender if they want 7.25 an hour and no tips or 2.13 an hour plus tips that can often times work out to well over 20 an hour

My daughter came home with $200 a night, easily, when she was bartending in Toronto, back in the days before she was married. But then she's was also a 22 year-old yoga instructor who was doing a bit of runway modelling on the side.

OTOH, there's my former neighbour. She was a career waitress working at a high end wine bar in Toronto. At age 50, she spent enough money on cosmetic surgery to buy a nice car, in an effort to extend her career. It didn't work. Two years later, she was unemployed, and unable to find work.

When I was young and single, one of my best friends bartended part time, on weekends, because she could make more on a weekend that she could make all week in her day job, and she had 2 daughters to support. But both this woman, and my daughter, some 20 years later, hated the level sexual harassment that came with the job.

My daughter came home with $200 a night, easily, when she was bartending in Toronto, back in the days before she was married. But then she's was also a 22 year-old yoga instructor who was doing a bit of runway modelling on the side.

OTOH, there's my former neighbour. She was a career waitress working at a high end wine bar in Toronto. At age 50, she spent enough money on cosmetic surgery to buy a nice car, in an effort to extend her career. It didn't work. Two years later, she was unemployed, and unable to find work.

When I was young and single, one of my best friends bartended part time, on weekends, because she could make more on a weekend that she could make all week in her day job, and she had 2 daughters to support. But both this woman, and my daughter, some 20 years later, hated the level sexual harassment that came with the job.
Sounds familiar, I think I know her, I love Toronto

So is tipping racist or not?

We all need to know so we don't insult waiters and waitresses.

Does the IRS still tax wait staff 8% of their wages for tips?

Given that women of all races are all treated like meat in the tipping industries, I would say "No", but it is based on the subjugation of the serving class, and it does encourage a great deal of abuse by the customers. It most certainly is patriarchal, and abusive.

How these buffoons ever rose to power defies logic. There have to be a LOT of idiots out there in order for these people to remain relevant in modern society.
I guess I'll have to ask my waiter or waitress if they are liberal before I decide to tip them.

Runway modeling :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301::auiqs.jpg::laughing0301::auiqs.jpg:

Given that women of all races are all treated like meat in the tipping industries, I would say "No", but it is based on the subjugation of the serving class, and it does encourage a great deal of abuse by the customers. It most certainly is patriarchal, and abusive.
I totally disagree with you.

Going to keep this in my phone so the next time I have a black waiter or bartender they going to get no tip LOL
55668333-10640883-image-a-46_1647977059949.jpg

Forum List

Back