Hammer Time: Obama Announces Tougher Sanctions On Russia

Obama is one tough hombre--the world is taking notice.
Yes he is. While some would criticize him for that action, others are jubilant that he has taken that course of action. Undoubtedly, it has got to hurt Russia the more the sanctions are in place. But, they have to stop to consider that they had it coming with what they have done and not done. Therefore, they have no one else to blame but themselves if it hurts their people, their economy, and their banks. What goes around comes around. They need to learn their lesson the Hard way for thinking what they were doing didn't matter and nothing would be done to them. How wrong they were. As usual.

President Obama prefers political diplomacy to war.

OMG, that is the stupidest thing I've heard today. Please expound without the fire water!

I love your avatar, but your brain is fucked up.

I'm ten times better than you at foreign policy. Your saint is taking advantage of a foreign policy situation that his handler's created. A policy that benefits the United States empire. To be fair, that's what all leaders do, not that your black God had anything to do with it.

It's a narrative built on ZERO evidence and it's pumped into weaker minds like yours via CNN, MSNBC, FOX etc.

Don't get pissed off at me if you look at the flash and your eyes melt out when this planet burns to pieces.

As a feather Indian, such as great part of myself, you should be wary of American empire instead of endorsing American hegemony, traitor.

Obama is one tough hombre--the world is taking notice.
Yes he is. While some would criticize him for that action, others are jubilant that he has taken that course of action. Undoubtedly, it has got to hurt Russia the more the sanctions are in place. But, they have to stop to consider that they had it coming with what they have done and not done. Therefore, they have no one else to blame but themselves if it hurts their people, their economy, and their banks. What goes around comes around. They need to learn their lesson the Hard way for thinking what they were doing didn't matter and nothing would be done to them. How wrong they were. As usual.

Exactly. And when the Russian people feel the squeeze - they will squeeze Putin.

images

well we may have contributed to the mess just a little bit.

You really need to read some foreign policy lore and stop regurgitating this partisan, flag waving bullshit Lakhota. It's fucking embarrassing.

President Barack Obama gave a statement on the crisis in Ukraine Tuesday, announcing tougher U.S. sanctions on key sectors of the Russian economy, including energy, arms and finance.

"Today is a reminder that the United States means what it says," Obama said.

According to the Treasury Department, the U.S. penalties target the Bank of Moscow, the Russian Agricultural Bank and VTB Bank, the AP reports. Also listed on the Treasury designation is the United Shipbuilding Corp., which is based in St. Petersburg, Russia.

These new penalties against Russia follow tougher sanctions agreed to by European Union leaders earlier on Tuesday. White House spokesman Josh Earnest commented on the EU sanctions before Obama spoke, calling them welcome news.

"Russia is once again isolating itself from the international community, setting back decades of progress," Obama said. "It doesn't have to be this way."

More: Obama Announces Tougher Sanctions On Russia

Thank you, Mr. President. Sanctions are better than war.
I heard in a clip where Obama said THE US is doing this and the US is doing that (otherwise instead of the international community?).... OK so who are we according to apologetic Obama for the mean ole nasty badly run America, to now go and tell or do anything to any other nation, or worse to stick our nose into anyone's business out there in the world now ? Especially since we have been such a bad people for so long now in this ole Nasty badly run AMERICA, I mean until Obama came along.

How can this man attack, attack, attack his own nation, and then look elsewhere to do the same thing as if we are united here when in fact we aren't anymore ? Makes it tough doesn't it ?

President Barack Obama gave a statement on the crisis in Ukraine Tuesday, announcing tougher U.S. sanctions on key sectors of the Russian economy, including energy, arms and finance.

"Today is a reminder that the United States means what it says," Obama said.

According to the Treasury Department, the U.S. penalties target the Bank of Moscow, the Russian Agricultural Bank and VTB Bank, the AP reports. Also listed on the Treasury designation is the United Shipbuilding Corp., which is based in St. Petersburg, Russia.

These new penalties against Russia follow tougher sanctions agreed to by European Union leaders earlier on Tuesday. White House spokesman Josh Earnest commented on the EU sanctions before Obama spoke, calling them welcome news.

"Russia is once again isolating itself from the international community, setting back decades of progress," Obama said. "It doesn't have to be this way."

More: Obama Announces Tougher Sanctions On Russia

Thank you, Mr. President. Sanctions are better than war.
I heard in a clip where Obama said THE US is doing this and the US is doing that (otherwise instead of the international community?).... OK so who are we according to apologetic Obama for the mean ole nasty badly run America, to now go and tell or do anything to any other nation, or worse to stick our nose into anyone's business out there in the world now ? Especially since we have been such a bad people for so long now in this ole Nasty badly run AMERICA, I mean until Obama came along.

How can this man attack, attack, attack his own nation, and then look elsewhere to do the same thing as if we are united here when in fact we aren't anymore ? Makes it tough doesn't it ?

Huh?

Is France refusing to deliver the two assault ships? No. The sanctions are all out of obama's mouth. In the last round of sanctions the US had a significant increase in trade with Russia. Even Americans ignore obama's sanctions.

Is France refusing to deliver the two assault ships? No. The sanctions are all out of obama's mouth. In the last round of sanctions the US had a significant increase in trade with Russia. Even Americans ignore obama's sanctions.

Give us some credible links to back up your claims.

You never explained why McCain was in the Ukraine campaigning with a neo Nazi.

You never explained why McCain was in the Ukraine campaigning with a neo Nazi.

How the fuck would I know?

Forum List

Back