Handicap placards for drivers: neighbor's daughter got using Mom's placard for special parking

can a family member use the handicap parking placard without the person to whom it was issued

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
I gather quite a fine is going to be the result along with a warning to the Mom: if it is misused again, Mom loses her handicap privileges.

How do you feel about it? Should any member of a family who has a disabled person with the blue parking handicap privilege be able to use it?

One of my cousins says yes.

A brother says no.

I think I agree with my brother.

What say you?

Of course not

For example:

"handicapped parking fraud").1

California Vehicle Code 4461 VC prohibits the following forms of misuse of disability parking placards:

1. The lawful holder of a disabled person placard lending the placard to another person and/or knowingly permitting its use by someone not entitled to use it;
  2. A person displaying a disabled placard that was not issued to him/her or has been cancelled or revoked; and
  3. A person parking in a designated disabled parking space with a vehicle displaying a special disabled license plate that was issued to someone else."
Illegal or Mis-Use of Disability Placards | CA Vehicle Code 4461 VC

for the record-----if the handicapped person is a passenger in the car when the
handicapped pass is used-------THAT is legal.

I gather quite a fine is going to be the result along with a warning to the Mom: if it is misused again, Mom loses her handicap privileges.

How do you feel about it? Should any member of a family who has a disabled person with the blue parking handicap privilege be able to use it?

A brother says no.

What say you?
wow, you're so devoid of character you don't know the answer to this one. my my.

A brother says no.

What say you?
No. The only time a person who the placard is not assigned to can park in a handicapped space is when the handicapped person is in the vehicle (or being picked up/dropped off). Two cops in Las Cruses got busted last week for parking in a handicapped in their patrol vehicle.

Thank you. Now that you have all shown that you know what is right, think about how you voted on election day. I am done with this thread. Once again, thank you for participating.

A brother says no.

What say you?
People who park in handicapped spots, and are not handicapped......SUCK

A brother says no.

What say you?

So you would? You woudn't?

A brother says no.

What say you?

So you would? You woudn't?
Would NOT.

I do have a very good friend, who's wife has MS, and I take Xmas shopping sometimes for him, cuz he obviously can't go. Anyway, it's a tradition. So when I have her with me, she brings the placard and we do that.

Otherwise....how much of a lazy jerk do you have to be to park in a handicapped zone, then sache' into the mall like you could have run the whole way????

What kind of low class individual does that?

Thank you. Now that you have all shown that you know what is right, think about how you voted on election day. I am done with this thread. Once again, thank you for participating.
that was supposed to be a lesson on voting?...you are getting as foolish as tiger is jake.....

Forum List

Back