The attempt to Usurp the supreme Court will fail.

1. Funny. I didn’t even mention his phone call to Raffensperger. You managed to ignore everything I did say.

2. Sounds like you’re saying Trump had a lot of power to use funds to do what he wanted. The mere fact that the president has authority over the entire military, DoJ and foreign policy is sufficient admit his board power. That’s not even getting into his authority over the NSA, CIA, DHS. Hell, he can even control the FCC. Remember when he said he wanted to take away broadcast licenses of people he didn’t like?

3. Again, the case before Merchan is not related to presidential authority and you think it’ll be overturned anyway. He would be unlikely to be imprisoned pending appeal anyway. So this decision doesn’t matter to this case, and even if it did, you think the case wouldn’t be successful at doing the thing you want immunity to prevent.

4. Did Vance say he would have overturned the 2020 election?

Trump has cronies and in a second term of office, he’s only going to accumulate more and more of them.
1. You said what Trump "tried" to do. He didn't do.
2. Trump legitimately used approved fund to build the wall. Biden illegally forgave student loans.
3. Unlikely to be imprisoned? Hilarious.
4. Kamala will count EC votes so she loses? We'll see.
JD wouldn't have succeeded in holding up the vote count, 99 senators would have taken the gavel off him.

I understand what you're saying and I have some sympathy for your position. I wish it wasn't that way but I am convinced that unless you keep the immunity no president will be able to sit in the seat for more than a few months. It would more or less render elections null and void.

Keep the "immunity while in office" but leave them open to face questions after they leave office

Nobody should be free from some form of restraint.

Indeed. And we either trust the SCOTUS to police itself, or one of the other branches will have to be involved. I do not really go for self policing.

Forum List

Back