hangouts has invaded my phone and i cant get rid of it?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
hangouts sucks and now my normal text stuff is messed up....i cannot delete it...so far all i can do is disable it and it still messes with my normal stuff....

hangouts sucks and now my normal text stuff is messed up....i cannot delete it...so far all i can do is disable it and it still messes with my normal stuff....

I had that happen to me a few months back. There is a setting in Hangouts you have to uncheck to shut that off. I don't remember what it is anymore, but if I can remember it I'll let you know.

i have disabled it but the my normal text stuff is gone....ahh hell i cant even explain it.....i was on the phone with verizon..they couldnt explain it either but that is more my fault i think

If you have an android go too settings. Then go to application manager. You will see a list of loaded applications. You can unistall it from there.

You're stuck with it. That's how Android is handling all your texts now. Sucks...I do agree.

Google is drawing everyone deeper and deeper into their ecosystem/services

Here's my 2 cents. Okay, I had to look up Hangouts, not having a clue what people were talking about. I don't have to worry about apps because my phone just makes regular phone calls, and I can text. It is a prepaid Samsung with a fold out keyboard. I don't use my phone much, just for errands and to take with me on my bicycle rides or whenever I am driving somewhere. Now, I wouldn't mind having a smart phone to tinker with, but I can't justify the added cost for one, when all I need is a mobile phone. I sit in the doctor's office and watch people playing with their phones. Me, I just wait patiently until my name is called. For the life of me, I can't figure out what these folks with the phones are doing, playing games, searching the Internet, or texting? I guess I'm showing my advanced years.

Forum List

Back