Happy Friggin' New Year!

Yeah, I'm real sorry about that but while you were squeezing a few bucks out of the artificially high oil prices the rest of us were sucking balls. I can't tell you how many of us were damaged by them (not that you seem to care). I suppose you believe it's unreasonable to expect you to look beyond your own selfish ass and consider how much better life is for the overwhelming majority of people on the planet.
I've posted this before- back when gas was $4/gallon, once a month I would go down to the local BP station and buy a tank of gas for a complete stranger. This went on for at least a year, until prices (and my income) started to soften. On several occasions, I purchased gasoline gift cards and distributed them to volunteers who deliver Meals on Wheels.

I laud you for recognizing the impact on domestic producers. :thup:
But please do understand the impact on U.S. drilling, industry jobs, the decline in domestic production, and the rise of foreign imports...

The rise in foreign imports? America is virtually energy self-sufficient these days, thanks in large part to independent shale producers and I have already floated the idea that we should aid the more expensive operations (tax credits, direct per barrel subsidies) as a matter of national security and our own economic well being. America's newfound oil power has proven to be good for America, most Americans and much of the non-oil producing world. That's a win-win-win.
Instead the oil producers have gotten Oblama to drop the 40 year oil export ban...Which includes Canadian crude.....
Technically... no. That has not yet happened.

Brotch.
US agency gives quiet nod to light oil exports: Sources
US agency gives quiet nod to light oil exports Sources - Economic Times

Read more at:
Yes- thanks, Brotch. That's what I was looking for.

And so, Obama is NOT "to drop 40 year old export ban."

You may now get your Brotch on... :slap:

I've posted this before- back when gas was $4/gallon, once a month I would go down to the local BP station and buy a tank of gas for a complete stranger. This went on for at least a year, until prices (and my income) started to soften. On several occasions, I purchased gasoline gift cards and distributed them to volunteers who deliver Meals on Wheels.

But please do understand the impact on U.S. drilling, industry jobs, the decline in domestic production, and the rise of foreign imports...

The rise in foreign imports? America is virtually energy self-sufficient these days, thanks in large part to independent shale producers and I have already floated the idea that we should aid the more expensive operations (tax credits, direct per barrel subsidies) as a matter of national security and our own economic well being. America's newfound oil power has proven to be good for America, most Americans and much of the non-oil producing world. That's a win-win-win.
Instead the oil producers have gotten Oblama to drop the 40 year oil export ban...Which includes Canadian crude.....

Brotch.

Read more at:

I hope you get a drinking rash.....

You wouldn't be celebrating if you were on that losing end.
While my company's revenues are 50% lower, my expenses remain constant or even increase.And there is no mechanism by which I can pass along even once cent of my costs.

2015 is really going to suck balls for this family.

Yeah, I'm real sorry about that but while you were squeezing a few bucks out of the artificially high oil prices the rest of us were sucking balls. I can't tell you how many of us were damaged by them (not that you seem to care). I suppose you believe it's unreasonable to expect you to look beyond your own selfish ass and consider how much better life is for the overwhelming majority of people on the planet.

Lifting costs (the cost to get oil out of the ground) are exponentially higher in the U.S.

The effects of low oil prices will be pronounced and immediate.

Both onshore and offshore rigs are being stacked NOW. Companies are laying off personnel by the thousands, and capital outlay is being cut in half.

Is there a price to pay for crude prices going too low? Yes there is.

Brotch.

1) Average extraction costs are higher in Russia and the North Sea than they are in the US.
2) Shale extraction costs here range from $30 - $95/bbl with most below $60/bbl.
3) While new drilling and some of the most expensive wells are being shelved, the US is still pumping over 9 million bbls/day, squeezing undesirable producers out of our market and forcing them to cut production or dump their oil at dramatically lower (discounted @ $40/bbl) prices.
4) I believe we should aid the higher cost US shale as a matter of national security. To deny or ignore that the positive impact of lower oil prices far outweighs the price America would pay for it is dishonest at best.
5) America's vast new natural gas reserves is a sweet benefit of oil exploration.
6) I shouldn't have to explain any of this to you.
Thanks for all that. :thup:
Without links. :fu:
Not that I've provided links. (self bitch-slap :slap:)

The Russian oil industry isn't exactly a private enterprise endeavor as it is in the U.S.

Not all oil in the U.S. is extracted by using a high-volume high-pressure shale fracturing method.

Currently, yes, our production is around 9mm/bd, but like I said- the effects of low prices will be immediate.

There are no "undesirable producers" in this country.

No we should NOT aid higher cost US shale, and industry would tell you the exact same thing, Brotch :slap:

Natural gas prices are cratering and that segment of the industry is also fucked.

You aren't "explaining" shit to me- you're blabbering out your ass. Brotch.

Brotch.

Read more at:

I hope you get a drinking rash.....
I have, and it looks oddly like your avatar.

Lifting costs (the cost to get oil out of the ground) are exponentially higher in the U.S.

Both onshore and offshore rigs are being stacked NOW. Companies are laying off personnel by the thousands, and capital outlay is being cut in half.

Brotch.

1) Average extraction costs are higher in Russia and the North Sea than they are in the US.
2) Shale extraction costs here range from $30 - $95/bbl with most below $60/bbl.
3) While new drilling and some of the most expensive wells are being shelved, the US is still pumping over 9 million bbls/day, squeezing undesirable producers out of our market and forcing them to cut production or dump their oil at dramatically lower (discounted @ $40/bbl) prices.
4) I believe we should aid the higher cost US shale as a matter of national security. To deny or ignore that the positive impact of lower oil prices far outweighs the price America would pay for it is dishonest at best.
5) America's vast new natural gas reserves is a sweet benefit of oil exploration.

The Russian oil industry isn't exactly a private enterprise endeavor as it is in the U.S.

Not all oil in the U.S. is extracted by using a high-volume high-pressure shale fracturing method.

Currently, yes, our production is around 9mm/bd, but like I said- the effects of low prices will be immediate.

No we should NOT aid higher cost US shale, and industry would tell you the exact same thing, Brotch :slap:

Natural gas prices are cratering and that segment of the industry is also fucked.

OK ... are you playing stupid or are you just plain stupid?
If you are in the biz you should already be aware of the facts I posted.

The nature of Russia's high extraction costs isn't just politics but rather geological and geographical.

I posted the range of US shale extraction costs. Fracking is for the most part our most expensive extraction process. I not only never said it was our only method, I said most shale oil costs less than $60/bbl to extract. Feel free to post your own info.

The affect of lower oil prices benefits most Americans, (excluding those in the oil industry) our economy and our global political situation. You're just being selfish.

Our increased natural gas production and lower priced fuel is GOOD for America and Americans and I can't believe any of this has to be explained to anyone.

This is the price that would kill U.S. oil production growth

Lower oil prices are unambiguously good commentary

Brotch.

The nature of Russia's high extraction costs isn't just politics but rather geological and geographical.

I posted the range of US shale extraction costs. Fracking is for the most part our most expensive extraction process. I not only never said it was our only method, I said most shale oil costs less than $60/bbl to extract. Feel free to post your own info.

The affect of lower oil prices benefits most Americans, (excluding those in the oil industry) our economy and our global political situation. You're just being selfish.

Our increased natural gas production and lower priced fuel is GOOD for America and Americans and I can't believe any of this has to be explained to anyone.

I harbor no ill will toward you.

But after 38 years in this industry, I can only classify your comments as moot.

You talk, but you ain't walked.

So please just fuck off, Brotch.

Hour-Class-600-LI.jpg

Brotch.

Not a chance. Anyone in America who is stupid (or selfish) enough to whine about lower oil prices deserves to be ridiculed and disrespected. What's bad for YOU is good for the rest of us. That you pretend it isn't is just so much self-serving pap.
Would you like some music with that whine, Princess?
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Brotch.

Not a chance. Anyone in America who is stupid (or selfish) enough to whine about lower oil prices deserves to be ridiculed and disrespected. What's bad for YOU is good for the rest of us. That you pretend it isn't is just so much self-serving pap.
Git some, brotch. :slap:

Brotch.

Probably can buy a cheap Hybrid or Volt now...huh?

Forum List

Back