Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all USMB moms... Including all of you liberal ones who should take an extra moment to thank your mothers for not leaving you in a dumpster at planned parenthood.

mother37dpgo88g.jpg

With Love.. ~A♥

My mother was certainly not the greatest mother in the world but I did recognize her on Mother's Day ... until she sent me a letter saying she wished she had gotten rid of me years ago among other things. It was one of the best things she ever did for me. It not only validated what I had sort of known or suspected all my life, but it became the beginning of my freedom.

I'm not certain how I bumbled through being a parent - in part probably because I sort of unconsciously did just the opposite with my children as she did with me. In any event, I have three wonderful children who I love dearly.
Rejection of loved ones is an early sign of dementia, Granny, and has nothing to do with anything personal except that brain neutrons are firing inappropriately and crossing pathways with memories not related to anything except her inner confusion. I feel your pain first-hand.

My mother was certainly not the greatest mother in the world but I did recognize her on Mother's Day ... until she sent me a letter saying she wished she had gotten rid of me years ago among other things. It was one of the best things she ever did for me. It not only validated what I had sort of known or suspected all my life, but it became the beginning of my freedom.

I'm not certain how I bumbled through being a parent - in part probably because I sort of unconsciously did just the opposite with my children as she did with me. In any event, I have three wonderful children who I love dearly.
Rejection of loved ones is an early sign of dementia, Granny, and has nothing to do with anything personal except that brain neutrons are firing inappropriately and crossing pathways with memories not related to anything except her inner confusion. I feel your pain first-hand.

I have a good friend whose mother is suffering from dimentia and she alternates between loving her and hating her. It is a very difficult thing to go through for anyone. There are also mothers who have emotional problems and for some reason some of them take it out on their daughters. They may be great to the sons and very cold towards their daughters. The parent may deny it but the child knows because you cannot hide things like that. It is hard to understand why that would ever happen but it does. - Jeri

Another two mom tales-

Once upon a time there was a man, who gave his entire love, fortune, purpose, to a wicked woman, who was never satisfied with him. Nothing he did was of any good.

The man's mother saw through the facade of her son's beloved, but didn't dare saying anything out in the open. Her heart and soul were both sad, though, that he listened not to her warnings about bring careful of his choice of fair lady.

The man wished to marry his beloved, but she was not pleased, after much pleas, she agreed, under one condition- "You mother is not kind enough to me," she said "Go up the mountain, and bring her heart for me, if you love me enough."

the man didn't dare to disobey, and that very night, climbed up the mountain, slew his mother, opened up her chest, and tore her heart out.

hurrying back to his to-be-wife, down the mountain, he hoped that now, he could finally please her. Suddenly, he slipped over a rock, and fell.

When trying to get up, he heard a small voice from within the heart he held. The voice asked with anxiesty- "My son! are you hurt?...."

"...My mom only had one eye. I hated her… She was such an embarrassment. She cooked for students and teachers to support the family.

There was this one day during elementary school where my mom came to say hello to me. I was so embarrassed.

How could she do this to me? I ignored her, threw her a hateful look and ran out. The next day at school one of my classmates said, “EEEE, your mom only has one eye!”

I wanted to bury myself. I also wanted my mom to just disappear. I confronted her that day and said, “If you’re only gonna make me a laughing stock, why don’t you just die?”

My mom did not respond… I didn’t even stop to think for a second about what I had said, because I was full of anger. I was oblivious to her feelings.

I wanted out of that house, and have nothing to do with her. So I studied real hard, got a chance to go abroad to study.

Then, I got married. I bought a house of my own. I had kids of my own. I was happy with my life, my kids and the comforts. Then one day, my Mother came to visit me. She hadn’t seen me in years and she didn’t even meet her grandchildren.

When she stood by the door, my children laughed at her, and I yelled at her for coming over uninvited. I screamed at her, “How dare you come to my house and scare my children! GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!!!”

And to this, my mother quietly answered, “Oh, I’m so sorry. I may have gotten the wrong address.” – and she disappeared out of sight.

One day, a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house. So I lied to my wife that I was going on a business trip. After the reunion, I went to the old shack just out of curiosity.

My neighbors said that she died. I did not shed a single tear. They handed me a letter that she had wanted me to have.

“My dearest son,

I think of you all the time. I’m sorry that I came to your house and scared your children.

I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I may not be able to even get out of bed to see you. I’m sorry that I was a constant embarrassment to you when you were growing up.

You see……..when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. As a mother, I couldn’t stand watching you having to grow up with one eye. So I gave you mine.

I was so proud of my son who was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place, with that eye.

With all my love to you,

Your mother.”

Just for humor!:D

My mom taught me many things!

My mom taught me about logic-

"Why? Because I said so, that's why!"

My mom taught me about appreciating what you have...-

"You know what the problem is? you having things so easy! if I only was a bad mom.."

My mom taught me about religion-

"You better PRAY this stain comes off of the carpet!.."

My mom taught me about the weather-

"It looks like a tornado just hit your room!.."

My mom taught me about proportion-

"I've told you once, I told you million times! stop exaggerating!"

My mom taught me about family legacy
-
"just where do you think I came from?? a rick family!"

My mom taught me about genetics-

"stop acting like your father!"

My mom taught me about osmosis-

"Close your mouth and eat your food!"

My mom taught me about love being the most important thing!

"What did you say her father was doing, again?"

She was a beautiful woman, Athena. I'm sure she would be very blessed to read your sweet post about her. - Jeri

Thank you so much, Jeri. :) Her beauty kept her winning pageants and modeling throughout her adulthood. It never went to her head, and even though born with a silver spoon in her sweet little mouth, she always taught her two children this:

Inconspicuous spiritual treasures such as self-respect, hope, wisdom, and compassion are the greatest fortune. Without these, conspicuous wealth is trifling at best.

Indeed, that would have made your mother very wise and she did a good thing to pass this wisdom on to her children.

I have a good friend whose mother is suffering from dimentia and she alternates between loving her and hating her. It is a very difficult thing to go through for anyone. There are also mothers who have emotional problems and for some reason some of them take it out on their daughters. They may be great to the sons and very cold towards their daughters. The parent may deny it but the child knows because you cannot hide things like that. It is hard to understand why that would ever happen but it does. - Jeri

I doubt it had anything to do with dementia, Jeri. My mother was a very ungrateful person - she wasn't particularly smart - but she was slick as goose poo. She found fault with everything and everybody and had few friends because she was not a friend in return. She used people. She hated her siblings and bitched and complained about them forever and a day. She used her husbands. She never wanted any children in the first place and I have always thanked God that I was her only child. Did she have her good moments? Yes, she did. They didn't last long but she did have her good moments. Her one love was money - it was really the only thing she ever loved. I didn't know she was sick until my son came home on leave and went to see her. None of us knew she died except for a former son-in-law doing one decent thing in his life and he told my daughter. No one from her family was at her funeral and I find that terribly sad - to die all alone. She was the cause of most, if not all, of her problems.

I paid a very high price for all the abuses, but I also think all the pain ultimately made me a stronger and better person.

Just as an aside, I have a part-time job giving in-home companion care to elders, most of whom are in various stages of dementia - and I thank God that I have been blessed with the good health I enjoy. I really love these little old ladies and men - even in their frail health and dementia they do give back. They're not aware that they give back, but they do, I think, bring out the feelings of compassion and thanks of those who care for them and that alone is a gift.

I have this one little 95 year old lady who has a milder form of dementia right now and I love the time I spend with her. She is an absolute hoot - and in her day ... she must have been something else! I love listening to her stories. She has had a good life - a good husband, a nice little home, an adopted child who predeceased her and she is content. She certainly has grandchildren who love her and good friends to come by and visit her, so she lived a good life. I would loved to have seen her doing the Charleston down the aisle of a tour bus when she was on some trip and having a good time in her youth!

Forum List

Back