happy summer solstice

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Summer_Solstice1.jpg

may you and yours be blessed with peace and prosperity....may the sun shine on back door always....may you and yours be blessed with happiness and may your families be together thru the year....

This was sort of a sad day for some of us living in Alaska. We knew we were losing day light every day now until we got 20hrs. of total darkness around Nov.

we lived in fairbanks and north of there....we were just mean ass kids so it was fun for us...mostly...

military...i remember out bus stop was the sac barracks...the pilots would play cards with us....and we understood if the sirens went off we were to become invisible and get the hell outta the way....walking to school with flashlights in case we fell into the snow we could signal...but mostly the craziness of the long nights and then the long days...playing softball at 1 a.m. i never knew what made the adults crazier...summer or winter

and the breaking of the yukon....always a major deal

we lived in fairbanks and north of there....we were just mean ass kids so it was fun for us...mostly...

military...i remember out bus stop was the sac barracks...the pilots would play cards with us....and we understood if the sirens went off we were to become invisible and get the hell outta the way....walking to school with flashlights in case we fell into the snow we could signal...but mostly the craziness of the long nights and then the long days...playing softball at 1 a.m. i never knew what made the adults crazier...summer or winter

oh yeah, break up was made into a party. they also have the Ice classic, where people bet on when the river breaks up. A lot of money in the $100,000 when I left in 08. funny what things people find to celebrate. LOL

Last edited:

oh yeah, break up was made into a party. they also have the classic, where people bet on when the river breaks up. A lot of money in the $100,000 when I left in 08. funny what things people find to celebrate. LOL
There are no fly races....??

yea there was always a big pool on the time and date of the break up....it was just a sign of spring....any excuse to party was taken

Forum List

Back