Hard Work DOESN'T Pay

Do millenials even know the meaning of hard work, 10_12 hr days endlessly just to survive like my dad did.....without complaint.

In 1992, the male grads told Friedman they thought they'd be working an average of 58 hours a week. In 2012, the average was 72 hours.

In an interview with the Harvard Business Review, Friedman said he was impressed by the young male’s expectations around work. “These kids are not fearful of the amount of work that’s coming.Millennials expect fewer kids, much longer work hours

Almost every Conservative I know who makes over 100K says hard work doesn't pay.

Think 'getting ahead' financially is overvalued. Like massively overvalued. Instead, people should be encouraged to find happiness and contentment in an empty room. If you can be happy and content with nothing, you can be happy and contentment with anything. That happiness and contentment shouldn't be dependent upon 'stuff.'

I almost went off on that topic myself, but, thought maybe it was out of the realm a bit and deserved it's own thread.....

I think what once were considered luxuries are now considered necessities.....
People are "broke" because they think they are "owed" things in life that they can live without, but, instead of looking at themselves and their budget/cutting corners, they blame it on society/jobs etc.

Growing up I made friends with a Franciscan monk. Brown Jedi'esuqe robes and sandals. :) Had a big influence on me.
Gross.

It isn't about how hard one will work its about level of education. Factory jobs are gone. Get a degree to get ahead its the only way today

It isn't about how hard one will work its about level of education. Factory jobs are gone. Get a degree to get ahead its the only way today

silly thread since educated people work long hard and smart hours to compete with other educated people all around the world.

Forum List

Back