Harris said that Biden will end the Trump tax cuts, then she said that Biden will not raise taxes. So is Harris stupid or delusional, or both

A Dope like you should realize you can raise some rates and leave others untouched
A dope like you doesn't understand what "repealing the Trump tax cuts" actually entails.

The dope does not realize that people who earn less than $400,000 will not pay more taxes
Yes they will because the Trump tax cuts do not only apply to people making over 400 g per year.

Also a tax increase only to those making over 400 g per year would not raise very much as most people are not included, and that number will increase when the company owners lay you off

Hey Short Bus!

Here is how it works. Dems will control Congress.
They will unilaterally decide the new tax code, just like Republicans did.
That new code will keep tax rates for those making under $400,000 the same. Those making more will not be so lucky
As I remember you told us Trump would never be president

You may resume wanking

A Dope like you should realize you can raise some rates and leave others untouched
A dope like you doesn't understand what "repealing the Trump tax cuts" actually entails.

The dope does not realize that people who earn less than $400,000 will not pay more taxes
Yes they will because the Trump tax cuts do not only apply to people making over 400 g per year.

Also a tax increase only to those making over 400 g per year would not raise very much as most people are not included, and that number will increase when the company owners lay you off

Hey Short Bus!

That new code will keep tax rates for those making under $400,000 the same. Those making more will not be so lucky

You may resume wanking
Nice pivot

Biden has still said taxes will not be raised for those making under $400,000

She is a liar who is not very good at numbers. She probably does not even know what was or was not said.

Just spin and bamboozle. Harris' lies in the debate were not the regular kind, not even Hillary went to lies as deep as she did.

Because every American will pay more when the tax cuts are erased, and this is true even before Biden raises taxes more.

So are democrats really so dumb as to not understand this?

LOL I already know

Clearly she is saying that not all of the tax cuts will be repealed.

So when she says we will repeal the Trump tax cuts, she doesn't really mean they will repeal the Trump tax cuts. Gotcha.

Raising the corporate income tax will also result in job losses.

Economic insanity coupled with complete ignorance is a deadly(for the country) combination.

According to History, that is not true.

Job gains were happening under Obama every month....before these billionaire tax breaks went into effect under the Blob.
Yeah, miniscule job gains! Barack Obama and Joe Biden oversaw the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression! Why would anyone in their right mind want THAT guy to run the economy again? Have you listened to his so called "plan"? It's a recipe for the same stagnant economic recovery.

The statistics show that Obama created more jobs (if you're going to say the President creates jobs) than the blob did in the last few years of his presidency vs the first few years of the Blob's presidency.
Would you care to explain which Obama economic policy it was that created jobs, Candy? Jobs were created during the Obama Administration DESPITE his economic policies...not because of them! One of the main drivers of job creation was advances in fracking which led to a huge boom in the oil and natural gas industry but fracking was something that Barry was against! Oil and natural gas production went DOWN on Federal lands that the Obama Administration controlled!

Again...if you're under the impression that the President creates jobs...something you guys said didn't happen until Trump came around...Obama's package of stimulus, favorable markets, etc... helped.

Was it the cause? Who knows? One would think though that if corporations were struggling under Obama, the DJIA wouldn't have climbed 149% as it did. Something the blob can't match in his wildest dreams.
Don't think I didn't notice you ran away from my query as to what Obama economic policy it was that created jobs, Candy! That question is like Kryptonite to you liberals!

From the previous post:

"Obama's package of stimulus, favorable markets, etc... helped."
The stimulus? Do you remember all of the "shovel ready" jobs that Barry created with that? Oh...that's right...they never materialized! Would you like me to pull up the video of him sheepishly admitting that was the case?

Well, the money went somewhere...do you think it just disappeared? PS: Trump's $6.6T in red ink hasn't done shit either.... So this fantasy that the president creates jobs is just that.
The lowest minority unemployment ever happened under Trump

Minority unemployment is now higher than it was under Obama

You mean during a world-wide pandemic or before?

Trump has record unemployment
Worse than Obama’s
If Trump is not elected he will out the fake pandemic and Pelosi will blow her brains out on TV

Hey Short Bus!

You may resume wanking
Nice pivot

Yes he did because ending the Trump tax cuts will raise taxes on everyone.

Do you enjoy jerking off in public?

Because every American will pay more when the tax cuts are erased, and this is true even before Biden raises taxes more.

LOL I already know

So when she says we will repeal the Trump tax cuts, she doesn't really mean they will repeal the Trump tax cuts. Gotcha.

Economic insanity coupled with complete ignorance is a deadly(for the country) combination.

Job gains were happening under Obama every month....before these billionaire tax breaks went into effect under the Blob.
Yeah, miniscule job gains! Barack Obama and Joe Biden oversaw the worst recovery from a recession since The Great Depression! Why would anyone in their right mind want THAT guy to run the economy again? Have you listened to his so called "plan"? It's a recipe for the same stagnant economic recovery.

The statistics show that Obama created more jobs (if you're going to say the President creates jobs) than the blob did in the last few years of his presidency vs the first few years of the Blob's presidency.
Would you care to explain which Obama economic policy it was that created jobs, Candy? Jobs were created during the Obama Administration DESPITE his economic policies...not because of them! One of the main drivers of job creation was advances in fracking which led to a huge boom in the oil and natural gas industry but fracking was something that Barry was against! Oil and natural gas production went DOWN on Federal lands that the Obama Administration controlled!

Again...if you're under the impression that the President creates jobs...something you guys said didn't happen until Trump came around...Obama's package of stimulus, favorable markets, etc... helped.

Was it the cause? Who knows? One would think though that if corporations were struggling under Obama, the DJIA wouldn't have climbed 149% as it did. Something the blob can't match in his wildest dreams.
Don't think I didn't notice you ran away from my query as to what Obama economic policy it was that created jobs, Candy! That question is like Kryptonite to you liberals!

From the previous post:

The stimulus? Do you remember all of the "shovel ready" jobs that Barry created with that? Oh...that's right...they never materialized! Would you like me to pull up the video of him sheepishly admitting that was the case?

Well, the money went somewhere...do you think it just disappeared? PS: Trump's $6.6T in red ink hasn't done shit either.... So this fantasy that the president creates jobs is just that.

Worse than Obama’s
If Trump is not elected he will out the fake pandemic and Pelosi will blow her brains out on TV

Well...

President Trump already defeated the China pandemic this week. They thought they got him, but just few days after.... super Trump emerges, rips the mask right off.

No, it is very clear and Biden and Harris both made it very clear. The Trump tax cuts will be repealed. It cannot be more clear than that.

Obviously this does need to be clearer since we have an extensive conversation after this sentence. As always, context matters.

What this means is that those in the 32% tax bracket and above will no longer be able to get a 32%+ deduction on income above $163,301. That is effectively a tax increase for people making above 163,301 per year. I thought taxes weren't being increased for anyone not making more than 400k? You can spin it all you would like, but the bottom line is that many people making more than 163,301 will be paying more in taxes. Democrats love this because it very well may decrease charitable contributions by wealthier folks. Democrats would much rather have the government dole out the money because they believe they are better stewards...which is kind of mind boggling really.

The only people who get a tax benefit for charitable contributions are those who itemize. Trump's tax reform decreased the number of people by two thirds. So instead of whining about the wealthy not getting quite as big of a tax break from charitable donations, why aren't you complaining of the tens of millions of people who no longer get any tax break for charitable donations?

I know I do. Boats are nice, but they can hardly be considered investments.

Exactly. If you wanted a boat, you'd get a boat. If you want your money to grow, you'd invest. That's true regardless of the capital gains rate.

I am not for exporting jobs overseas and I am fine with giving tax incentives, but I envision the incentives being far too green-centric. I also believe regulations will hinder US businesses to a point where they want be nearly as competitive in the world economy.

What you envision isn't really the point. To be competitive in the world economy, we either have to be the best at what we do, cut our pay rates to the bare minimum, or enact protectionist policies. I vote for the first option. Biden and Trump are in the last category. No one is in the second category unless you happen to actually own a business.

Yeah, it isn't set in stone yet. This just another way of raising taxes on many Americans and most certainly many that make less than 400k per year. Folks like the added benefit of offsetting some of their income, but they can only offset up to x% of 19,500 so there are already built in caps. The net affect of this will be that people will not contribute as much to their retirement plans...I know I won't. I will have to find other investment vehicles or sit on the money if the Democrats continue their wealth distribution strategy.

It's actually going to benefit the majority of families. The marginal tax rate for the median income family is 12%. That means they get a 12% tax benefit from contributing to their 401k. Biden's plan increases that to 20% (using the hypothetical number since they haven't set it in stone). Most families will therefore get an increased incentive to contribute to their 401k. I like that. I like it quite a lot. Does it bother me that the wealthier will get less of a benefit? Not really. They'll keep contributing for that 20% benefit because that's still a good deal. What else are they going to use to save for retirement with that benefit other than IRAs?

Actually, she would not on the first 250k(single) or 500k(married). So, no, she would not be paying any tax on the 50k gain. Biden hast talked about putting an end to this too, so it is possible this provision could also be nixed and should be counted as yet another tax hike that is not reserved for people making over 400k per year.

You got a good point. I'm not exactly in favor of this last bit. I see the pros and the cons, but you're right on this point.

DBA, you're a smart person. Thanks for the interaction.

Hey Short Bus!

And that is a sad thing. With the Republicans going back to the party of NO but in a different way like they were for most of Obama's time, the talking back and forth is just not happening. And they blame it all on Democrats. Well, the people are taking it out of their hands. And I am not for that at all. No one party should control the House, Senate and the Presidency. Regardless of which party that is in control, that's when some real insane laws come about.

In this case, the Republican Senate has no one to blame but themselves.

The only people who get a tax benefit for charitable contributions are those who itemize. Trump's tax reform decreased the number of people by two thirds. So instead of whining about the wealthy not getting quite as big of a tax break from charitable donations, why aren't you complaining of the tens of millions of people who no longer get any tax break for charitable donations?

The standard deduction is now more than most could ever deduct when itemizing(12,400 for single filers and 18,650 for HOH), so it is kind of irrelevant that many don't get any tax break for charitable donations any longer. They are better off now than they were when the could itemize.

Exactly. If you wanted a boat, you'd get a boat. If you want your money to grow, you'd invest. That's true regardless of the capital gains rate.

Eh, not exactly. There is an element of risk involved with making any real money. Typically, the lesser the risk, the lesser the potential gain. Conversely, the higher the risk, the higher the potential gain. If capital gains taxes on potential profits are higher, I am much less inclined to take the risk. It is a balancing act. Keep in mind, short term capital gains are taxed as regular income, therefore those with higher incomes whose tax rate will certainly be raised while their deductions are lowered will be less inclined to invest as the risk/reward factor has increased substantially. In my case, I would be more inclined to buy another boat or potentially invest in foreign real estate. I am actually already looking into the latter. Another boat is a bit too frivolous for me, after all, I am a Conservative. We are not nearly at the level of Bill Gates or most professional athletes, but the Biden/Harris tax plan will most certainly affect us.

What I have never understood is this idea about the rich not paying their fair share. When it comes to the Gates, Bezos and Trump's of the world I can see that to a point due to their enormous offsets, depreciation, etc., but there is a huge difference between them and someone working but making say 500k/yr. Using the 35% tax rate, this person would pay $151,761.00 in federal income tax. This doesn't include that in all likelihood this person is paying more in property taxes as well since that tax is based solely on the value of property. A person making 50k/yr obviously pays considerably less. Both drive on the same roads, their kids go to the same schools, etc. How do we come up with the idea that the guy throwing 150k into the pot ever year is not paying his fair share? The fair share has nothing to do with how much money somebody makes. That is like saying the price of a movie ticket should be based on how much money you make. If you make 500k, then your movie ticket is $200 instead of $20 for the guy making 50k. I understand this to a point, meaning people who can't put food on their table should pay less, but after the necessities, the rest of the stuff is just wants and desires. The guy that earns more money has more money for discretionary spending...that's life, but it doesn't mean he isn't paying his fair share.

What you envision isn't really the point. To be competitive in the world economy, we either have to be the best at what we do, cut our pay rates to the bare minimum, or enact protectionist policies. I vote for the first option. Biden and Trump are in the last category. No one is in the second category unless you happen to actually own a business.

I am not sure how using solar panels to run a plant is necessarily correlated to making the best widget. Buyers, by and large, don't care how or where something is made. They want the best product for the best price. Even if we made a slightly better product, of which there is no guarantee, if we are non-competitive on price due to green-energy manufacturing restraints that other countries do not have to adhere to, we will lose. The only way this works is if our product is considerably better than other products even though it is higher priced. I don't see anything in the Biden/Harris plan that would ensure or even promote product quality and frankly, that isn't the job of government anyway. Their job really should be to stand out of the way as much as possible and not intervene. Let the free-market work. It will not work when our companies are on an uneven playing field with much of the world, particularly China. Now if you are ready to shut down trade with China or tariff their products to a point where they are as expensive as ours, you may be on to something, but not sure we are at that point.

It's actually going to benefit the majority of families. The marginal tax rate for the median income family is 12%. That means they get a 12% tax benefit from contributing to their 401k. Biden's plan increases that to 20% (using the hypothetical number since they haven't set it in stone). Most families will therefore get an increased incentive to contribute to their 401k. I like that. I like it quite a lot. Does it bother me that the wealthier will get less of a benefit? Not really. They'll keep contributing for that 20% benefit because that's still a good deal. What else are they going to use to save for retirement with that benefit other than IRAs?

Well, the point of this discussion was that Biden was supposedly only going to raise taxes on people making more than 400k/yr. Clearly, that has been proven to be incorrect. People making between $40,126 to $85,525 are in the 22% tax bracket so even this group would be paying more taxes by virtue of having less pre-tax deductions if they contribute to a 401(k). 40k is quite a bit from 400k I would say.

You got a good point. I'm not exactly in favor of this last bit. I see the pros and the cons, but you're right on this point.

DBA, you're a smart person. Thanks for the interaction.

Thanks for the discussion. I disagree with many of your points, but at least you are thinking them through and understand why you will be voting for Biden/Harris.

Last edited:

If Biden repeals the Trump tax cuts, everyone will pay more taxes. Poor, middle class, minorities, women...........you name it.

Hey Short Bus!

That's not what Biden says he will do.

He said he will repeal the Trump tax cuts.

LOL I already know

From the previous post:

Worse than Obama’s
Current unemployment rate is 9.8% due to Governors shutting down their states.

Unemployment under Obama hit 10%.

So once again I get the pleasure of handing you your lying ass. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey Short Bus!

You may resume wanking
Nice pivot

He also said he would repeal the Trump tax cuts, Moron

LOL I already know

From the previous post:

The money went somewhere? That's your explanation of how the Obama Stimulus created jobs? Do you have any clue how pathetic that statement is, Candy? You don't have the faintest idea what Obama economic policy created jobs...do you?

DUH
Getting rid of the Trump tax cuts does NOT mean he won't keep those under 400K the same or less under his plan.

Do you AHOLES have no brains?

Read this thread
They obviously don’t
You really don't know what was in the Trump tax cuts, do you moron? rightwinger

Shitflinger is true to his name - it is ALL he does.
Dude is so out of touch with reality he has no clue Harris/Biden will raise taxes on the poor and middle class.

Hey Short Bus!

You may resume wanking
Nice pivot

If the costs of anything we do or purchase goes up because of laws enacted by Progs then that is a tax increase. Consumer products, utilities, fuel and hidden fees, taxes and fines.

Forum List

Back