Harvey Updike, poisoner of Toomer's Corner trees, dies at 71.

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011

I won't say I am glad he is dead. But I also won't say I will miss him.

He was an embarrassment to the University of Alabama and it's fan base. Such destruction is the work of a disturbed man.

On behalf of UA alumni and Crimson Tide fans everywhere, I apologize, again, for this piece of shit.

He was an embarrassment to the University of Alabama and it's fan base. Such destruction is the work of a disturbed man.

I mean there’s got to be something more to this story, right? Poisoning trees is a bad thing, we can all agree, but people have done worse. Him poisoning trees is the the reason why you had distain for the guy?

I mean there’s got to be something more to this story, right? Poisoning trees is a bad thing, we can all agree, but people have done worse. Him poisoning trees is the the reason why you had distain for the guy?

The Alabama v. auburn rivalry is one of the biggest in the nation.

In 2010 auburn won the Iron Bowl (the annual meeting of the Alabama Crimson Tide and the auburn Tigers). Shortly after that, Updike called in to a sports talk radio show and said he had poisoned the trees. The trees at Toomer's Corner were "rolled" with toilet paper when auburn won a big game. It is a gathering place for the auburn faithful after home games.

Updike claimed he did it because he was a Bama fan. He was just a lunatic. He is the only person I know of to be banned from all University of Alabama functions.

Harvey was a real fruitcake and that made him typical of a lot of Alabama fans :badgrin: :laugh: :laughing0301:

The Alabama v. auburn rivalry is one of the biggest in the nation.

In 2010 auburn won the Iron Bowl (the annual meeting of the Alabama Crimson Tide and the auburn Tigers). Shortly after that, Updike called in to a sports talk radio show and said he had poisoned the trees. The trees at Toomer's Corner were "rolled" with toilet paper when auburn won a big game. It is a gathering place for the auburn faithful after home games.

Updike claimed he did it because he was a Bama fan. He was just a lunatic. He is the only person I know of to be banned from all University of Alabama functions.

I get what he did was wrong, but is it that egregious an offense to warrant calling him a piece of shit on news of his passing? I mean if he was mentally ill it’s not even his fault

Forum List

Back