has anyone changed their mind/view because of a forum?

KLSuddeth said:
Why did I alter my views? They didnt prod me, call me stupid, or :tinfoil:, make fun of me, or fight with me regarding what I thought I had believed in - they didnt even tell me Im wrong and why. They simply listened to my thoughts and questions and provided succint, kind answers.

This sums up well how I became convinced on racial issues, myself. When I first started poking around, I was curious: aren't all races the same? What's the big deal? Are you nuts? What have Jews ever done to whites? Etc. But I wasn't bashed as a moron. I was told, "just stick with it for a while, see what I'm saying, and see what's unfolding in the world." And I did. And sure enough.

Of course, I don't do such a great job of applying this technique myself.

NightTrain said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Holy shit, that's funny!

I haven't changed my mind, I value the board because of the wealth of information, insight and humor brought here by members... it's a very entertaining way to keep up to speed.

The Tinfoil Brigade are interesting in that even when confronted with the truth, they'll stubbornly cling to the lie - rather than honestly rethink their position.

What you said. :thup:

I've never changed my mind about anything from board influence either.

What I enjoy is how much you can learn here. There's a lot to read on the board, and there's some cool and intelligent people here, along with some not so cool and itelligent.

But what I truely enjoy most about this board, is the chance to be a pain in the ass to the few liberals that are here. My God that's fun. :D

Pale Rider said:
I've never changed my mind about anything from board influence either.

What I enjoy is how much you can learn here. There's a lot to read on the board, and there's some cool and intelligent people here, along with some not so cool and itelligent.

But what I truely enjoy most about this board, is the chance to be a pain in the ass to the few liberals that are here. My God that's fun. :D

Oh SHOOT! I thought the liberals were the only ones who derived pleasure from being annoying around here! I admit, sometimes I revel in feeling like a gnat, buzzing into a thread here and there and flying into your ear only to be swatted and leave my yucky bloody insect corpse to be removed from your inner-ear with a q-tip.

The meak shall inherit the earth! Right..? :boohoo:

Sir Evil said:
Holy shit, you know what you are! Bzzzzzzzz... Squash! it's so easy!

I already nested in your fruit basket! Ha! My 20,000 offspring will soon be upon you!

Sir Evil said:
Hey you little fruity bastard, don't even try to get fresh with me! I'll slap you around until your shoes fall off!:D

NE, SE means it!

Kathianne said:
NE, SE means it!

I'm gonna survive nuclear war, whereas you frail mammals will be off spouting your 'woulda coulda shoulda's in the great hereafter....if there IS a next time...

nakedemperor said:
I'm gonna survive nuclear war, whereas you frail mammals will be off spouting your 'woulda coulda shoulda's in the great hereafter....if there IS a next time...

You are not a mammal? What are you? A reptile?

I used to hang out in another board where the extreme left dominated. Although it was fun to annoy them, I learned that they will not be swayed from thier religious belief that America was always at fault, republicans are simultaneously devious and stupid, and trees are people too.

As for my views changing, at first glance, I said gay marriage ? What the hell? Why not? .... over the months my view shifted to : No. No American is being denied their civil rights by the Government. Gays are already allowed to be married, they just have to marry a member of the opposite sex, same as the rest of the country.

So apparently I am slowly shifting from Conservative to Heartless Conservative.

fubar said:
I used to hang out in another board where the extreme left dominated. Although it was fun to annoy them, I learned that they will not be swayed from thier religious belief that America was always at fault, republicans are simultaneously devious and stupid, and trees are people too.

As for my views changing, at first glance, I said gay marriage ? What the hell? Why not? .... over the months my view shifted to : No. No American is being denied their civil rights by the Government. Gays are already allowed to be married, they just have to marry a member of the opposite sex, same as the rest of the country.

So apparently I am slowly shifting from Conservative to Heartless Conservative.

Hey I remember that board!

nakedemperor said:
The meak shall inherit the earth! Right..? :boohoo:

Yup. That's right.

And everytime I see thousands of radical liberals PROTESTING, I think "meek". And everytime I see a loud, foul mouthed radical liberal like al frankan shaking his finger in someones face, or whoopi goldberg, or an arrogant, liar film maker like mickey moore, or any one of a dizzying number of militant liberals, I think "meek". And everytime I get this FAGGOT BULLSHIT pushed IN MY FACE, I think "meek". Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You bet.

Don't worry about who's going to be "inheriting the earth" queer boy. It ain't going to be you or any of your God hating, radical, liberal ilk buddies. And for you in particular, being a fag, God has something special in mind just for you, and it ain't heaven... :dev1:

Pale Rider said:
Yup. That's right.

And everytime I see thousands of radical liberals PROTESTING, I think "meek". And everytime I see a foul, loud mouthed radical liberal like al frankan, whoopi goldberg, or an arrogant, liar film maker like mickey moore, I think "meek". And everytime I get this FAGGOT BULLSHIT pushed IN MY FACE, I think "meek". Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You bet.

Don't worry about who's going to be "inheriting the earth" queer boy. It ain't going to be you or any of your God hating, radical, liberal ilk buddies. And for you in particular, being a fag, God has something special in mind just for you, and it ain't heaven... :dev1:

Pale-- you may or may not have rage issues.

Also, if you respond to all of my posts by reasserting that God hates me because I'm gay, and being gay illegitimizes my arguments, you're bordering on hating the sinner and not the sin, aren't you?

Live and let live.

nakedemperor said:

Also, if you respond to all of my posts by reasserting that God hates me because I'm gay, and being gay illegitimizes my arguments, you're bordering on hating the sinner and not the sin, aren't you?

Live and let live.

God doesn't hate you emp, and neither do I. It's what you DO, and what you stand for that I hate.

And it's not a mystery how God feels about queers. He doesn't like "em emp. Just trying to warn you if you're truely concerned about GOD, and what he has in store for queers after they die.

Are Homosexual Relationships Pleasing To God?

The churches of Christ Greet You (Romans 16:16)

The simple answer to the subject question is NO! Long before "being gay" became a political issue, was dubbed a divergent - but acceptable - lifestyle, or was announced to be a natural orientation with which some are born, it was a moral issue. It is still a moral issue! Almighty God sternly condemns homosexuality and lesbianism (Romans 1:25-27).

Because of these sins Sodom and Gomorrah suffered destructive temporal fire and their inhabitants will also suffer God's "vengeance of eternal fire" (Jude 7). For these reasons, the churches of Christ urge anyone guilty of this sin to change. According to the inspired apostle Paul, one not only can change, some have changed, and no homosexuals will inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

However, let's go DEEPER into the answer. One of the things that seems to cause some to miss the mark on the subject of relationships between men and women is the Bible phrase, "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder" (Matt. 19:6). Just about all preachers, in performing a traditional wedding ceremony use this expression. Thus, they seem to believe that when a couple is being united into the bond of matrimony, God joins them. We do not believe a word of it. God certainly does not join men with men or women with women; however, neither does God join men and women in marriage today and we maintain that the Bible does not teach that He does.

Some of us are death on the sects for teaching a direct operation of God from heaven, and yet some of us are ready to impress upon the hearts of thousands that He does operate directly in some mystical, twistical, incomprehensible manner in the joining together of men and women in the bonds of matrimony. I wouldn't so accuse my Lord of such unfairness. He joins me to a bad one and joins my friend to a good one, and another to a bad one and then another to a good one, and on and on it goes. No, sir, God does not engage in such bungling. When God does a job, He does it well. If God joined men and women together, they would stay together. There would be absolutely no need for the divorce courts whatever. However, God does recognize whatever is done, whether the thing done is right or wrong.

Now, let us recap the procedures in the average marriage and see if we can find out where God comes in. If God acts in the procedure, certainly there is a place where He comes in, or acts. Here we go: (1) man meets woman, (2) she attracts him, (3) he asks for date, (4) courtship ensues, (5) infatuation or love results, (6) he asks for her hand in marriage, (7) she agrees and he purchases the license, (8) he secures the preacher, (9) preacher goes through ceremony and they pledge themselves, either to the other so long as both of them shall live, (10) the preacher pronounces that they are husband and wife on the grounds of the pledges that they made.

When did God come in? It must be admitted that God only recognized what transpired, whether it was right or wrong.

Well, someone may ask, what is taught by the phrase, "What therefore God hath joined together let not man put asunder"? Let us go to Matthew 19:3-6. "The Pharisees also came to him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? and he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh, what therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

Now what is here taught? Just this: if you will kindly notice, He said in verse 4 that “he which made them at the beginning made them MALE and FEMALE.” Now don't put this asunder, don't change this. God did join them together at the beginning. He did NOT join a male to a male and a female to a female, but He made a female for every male and He did this only at the beginning. He said unto them, "Be fruitful and multiply." Thus He established the law of physical propagation. To put this asunder would mean an end to propagation.

Notice, Jesus said WHAT God hath joined together, not WHOM. If this had reference only to man and wife, God would have doubtlessly said, whom therefore God hath joined together. But He did not say whom. He said WHAT. This takes in beasts, fowls, fish and every creature upon the face of the earth. Put asunder what God joined together (and He did His joining together at the beginning - Matt. 19:3) would result in putting an end to reproduction.

As an example, we call your attention to some who did put asunder what God hath joined together. Go with us now to the first chapter of Romans and let us commence at verse 25: "Who change the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which is meet."

Now this is a clear cut lesson against putting asunder what God hath joined together. He certainly does not join men and men or women and women together in marriage. But let us also forget the idea that God in some physical way joins men and women together in marriage, for He does no such thing. They join themselves by the pledges they make to each other. God just recognizes the thing done.

But, says one, what is meant by the phrase, "The two become one flesh"? It simply means that the husband and wife (man and woman) are to live in unity in the flesh. Paul said, "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh" (2 Cor. 10:3). To be one flesh simply denotes an intimate communion, as if the two were but one person or one body (Gen. 2:24). Paul said that he could wish himself were accursed from Christ for his brethren, his “kinsmen according to the flesh" (Rom 9:3). So we see the phrase, "the two shall become one flesh," has reference to their lives being united. They become one in purpose and aim to be accomplished; they become one in objective, and united as they live in their fleshly bodies; they go down the pathway of life, sharing their blessings and their woes, facing their obstacles and disappointments as on through life they go.

http://www.trustingodamerica.com/Homo.htm

nakedemperor said:

Live and let live.

Or you could hit the ignore button. :D

Said1 said:
Or you could hit the ignore button. :D

Nah. As much as I don't like being called a fag and whatnot, its really funny to watch Pale blow his stack and sputter and curse for a while for no apparent reason. Kind of like watching Johnny Macenroe back in the day. Or a WWF wrestler.

nakedemperor said:
Nah. As much as I don't like being called a fag and whatnot, its really funny to watch Pale blow his stack and sputter and curse for a while for no apparent reason. Kind of like watching Johnny Macenroe back in the day. Or a WWF wrestler.

The Hulk.

My opinion of potsmoking changed because of this board, although I still don't do it. :smoke:

nbdysfu said:
My opinion of potsmoking changed because of this board, although I still don't do it. :smoke:

Mmm.. pot... I love pot, and this board has definitely not changed that. My spacebar also squeaks when I press it and really bugs me out when I'm high and typing.

Now to try to change my father's opinion on pot and I'll be guilt-free! How does a liberal political cartoonist go from toking daily back in the day to present day smoke-Nazi? One of his characters is even a pot head who tried to deliver weed brownies to a wounded soldier! What gives!?

Forum List

Back