He was 8 when he killed. Now, probation to end

Was the renter going to spank him, too?

Like I said,there's something else going on here.
Hell,it could be that dad was a real piece of shit and the kid just acted in a way that his father would have to solve a problem.

Or the kid could be a total headcase.
Luckily, the boy has a support network and the prosecutor is more concerned with his well being than that of society.

Not knowing the kids history after he killed his father and his buddy,I cant really say if he's a threat to society.
The prosecutor never mentions society, nor his concern for it. He did mention his concern for the boy when he decided not to charge him with killing his father.

That would make me think there were extenuating circumstances that lead to the kid killing the two.
Or it's entirely possible that a liberal judge is presiding over the case.
Not according to the prosecutor.

The charge for killing his father was dropped. Whiting said at the time that it was in the boy's best interest not to be forced to acknowledge killing his father.

Don’t you just love liberal sentencing laws. Free the thugs and killers. That’s liberal “justice” for you.

Like I said,there's something else going on here.
Hell,it could be that dad was a real piece of shit and the kid just acted in a way that his father would have to solve a problem.

Or the kid could be a total headcase.
Luckily, the boy has a support network and the prosecutor is more concerned with his well being than that of society.

Not knowing the kids history after he killed his father and his buddy,I cant really say if he's a threat to society.
The prosecutor never mentions society, nor his concern for it. He did mention his concern for the boy when he decided not to charge him with killing his father.

That would make me think there were extenuating circumstances that lead to the kid killing the two.

The charge for killing his father was dropped. Whiting said at the time that it was in the boy's best interest not to be forced to acknowledge killing his father.

Snowflake judge and prosecutor.

Don’t you just love liberal sentencing laws. Free the thugs and killers. That’s liberal “justice” for you.
Are you drunk? This was an 8 year old kid. "Free the thugs and killers."? Really? Do you really think this is a Liberal vs.Conservative issue?

FYI...children as young as 8 have been exempt from criminal culpability for over a hundred years.

Please..do tell us your solution for an 8 year old child who kills.

Last edited:

You too..what is the solution? You are against the solution that was implemented..so what is your solution kill him? Stomp on him like a bug?

What makes this judge and prosecutor, 'snowflakes'? How would a true blue Conservative Judge and prosecutor have handled it better?

Not everything is political...perhaps we should leave the Left vs Right stuff alone in cases like this?

You too..what is the solution? You are against the solution that was implemented..so what is your solution kill him? Stomp on him like a bug?

What makes this judge and prosecutor, 'snowflakes'? How would a true blue Conservative Judge and prosecutor have handled it better?

Not everything is political...perhaps we should leave the Left vs Right stuff alone in cases like this?

It's a tough one no doubt.
You'd like to think you could rehab and eight year old kid.
I would feel a whole lot better about the kid gunning them down if it was for good reason.

There's politics involved everytime there's a certain demographic involved whether you want to admit it or not.

You know, it could have been anything from constant berating by the father, to possible physical or sexual abuse. Kids generally don't shoot someone for such a trivial thing as grades unless there is real fear of the consequences.

I know I had a stepfather that I thought about more than a time or two about how to eliminate him permanently. And I was only 7 at the time.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but if the wrong is done by a child under ten years old, doesn't the responsibility then fall on the child's parents/guardians?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but if the wrong is done by a child under ten years old, doesn't the responsibility then fall on the child's parents/guardians?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If it is something that can be fixed with fines and money, yes, the parents are held responsible for the actions of the minor, but mainly because kids don't generally have jobs at 10 years old.

But, if it is for an action taken by the child? Yes, they will look at the parents to see if they could have been responsible, but the child will be held to account for the action they did.

We have legal standards in society that 8 year olds cannot make/consent to adult decisions. So I can understand not treating this 8 year old the same as an adult that had committed a similar murder. However, the safety of the public also needs to be weighed.

As some of the previous posters have pointed out, I don’t think we have enough information to know if the decision to grant him parole is a good decision or not. I’m glad I don’t have to make such a decision. I can understand how some would simply want to keep him locked up to be on the safe side.

We have legal standards in society that 8 year olds cannot make/consent to adult decisions. So I can understand not treating this 8 year old the same as an adult that had committed a similar murder. However, the safety of the public also needs to be weighed.

As some of the previous posters have pointed out, I don’t think we have enough information to know if the decision to grant him parole is a good decision or not. I’m glad I don’t have to make such a decision. I can understand how some would simply want to keep him locked up to be on the safe side.
FYI..he has not been locked up all this time..he was confined to juvie for a few months..then a group home..and finally a foster home. Parole is not an issue..it is his probation that is ending.

FYI..he has not been locked up all this time..he was confined to juvie for a few months..then a group home..and finally a foster home. Parole is not an issue..it is his probation that is ending.
Okay.....

Forum List

Back