Health Care at the VA just keeps getting worse.

No, the VA, bucktooth, has not screwed up the VA healthcare system. Millions of vets along with me receive quality health care and have for decades.

The link (if you will read it carefully) blames the admin when it is obviously Congress's duty to fund appropriately ALL of the needs of the VA.

Read it: The VA is forcing sick veterans to travel hundreds to thousands of miles to receive organ transplants that could be conducted within an hour of their homes. Veterans that need live-saving organ transplants can only have the procedures completed at 13 locations across the entire United States. In an effort to save money and reduce costs the VA is forcing veterans to travel extreme distances despite mountains of evidence showing that travel before and after medical procedures can have disastrous effects on a patient’s health. A recent study also revealed that veterans living farther from one of the 13 locations were far less like to be placed on an organ transplant wait list than those living closer to the facilities; meaning a veterans life or death can be determined solely on their home address.

This rag is far, far right and hard conservative, not worth the time to read it. Email Ryan, McConnell, and VA.
Why don't we give vets vouchers to get health care wherever they want to. Solves all the problems!
Because if we put it out there as a single payer from government to the providers, then there has to be some sort of cost control, and we are right back into government regulations.

The medical care of our vets (including me) is a service far more than a business worried about profit.

Vets disabled on duty deserve super vouchers, not some shitty VA care. Vets like me don't really deserve anything special, we were paid like everyone else for doing our job.

Right, unless you were a 90-day wonder officer, you and I did our jobs, but as enlisted men and women, we were not paid enough. Your belief that the cash we received and the inevitable post-discharge neglect we experienced is something or nothing special is 100% incorrect. We saved our country from untold disasters, and we deserve more than the average citizen. :rolleyes:

Vets disabled on duty deserve super vouchers, not some shitty VA care. Vets like me don't really deserve anything special, we were paid like everyone else for doing our job.

Right, unless you were a 90-day wonder officer, you and I did our jobs, but as enlisted men and women, we were not paid enough. Your belief that the cash we received and the inevitable post-discharge neglect we experienced is something or nothing special is 100% incorrect. We saved our country from untold disasters, and we deserve more than the average citizen. :rolleyes:

I was 45 day wonder, something called OIS.

Um, ok I could be convinced of a few folks in under the fence. I saw Navy yeomen doing nothing more than secretary work for a few years then leave. I have no idea why they should get a dime. Maybe certain billets could get consideration. Infantry was much more of a sacrifice.

Military Times: Veterans like choice. But they don't like privatization.

That’s the bottom line from a new poll out Tuesday from the Vet Voice Foundation, designed to counter recent proposals that left-leaning advocates say would move Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals to an outsourced, privatization model.

The poll of 800 veterans, conducted jointly by a Republican-backed firm and a Democratic-backed one, found that almost two-thirds of survey respondents oppose plans to replace VA health care with a voucher system, an idea backed by some Republican lawmakers and presidential candidates.

“Veterans overwhelmingly feel that health care was a promise made for their service and oppose vouchers that may not cover all costs,” group officials said in their report. “Veterans worry that private insurance companies care too much about profit and would make decisions for the care of veterans based on money.”

Military Times: Veterans like choice. But they don't like privatization.

That’s the bottom line from a new poll out Tuesday from the Vet Voice Foundation, designed to counter recent proposals that left-leaning advocates say would move Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals to an outsourced, privatization model.

The poll of 800 veterans, conducted jointly by a Republican-backed firm and a Democratic-backed one, found that almost two-thirds of survey respondents oppose plans to replace VA health care with a voucher system, an idea backed by some Republican lawmakers and presidential candidates.

“Veterans overwhelmingly feel that health care was a promise made for their service and oppose vouchers that may not cover all costs,” group officials said in their report. “Veterans worry that private insurance companies care too much about profit and would make decisions for the care of veterans based on money.”

Vets should also worry that lower paid government workers don't really give a shit either

I saw Navy yeomen doing nothing more than secretary work for a few years then leave. I have no idea why they should get a dime.

Are women in the Navy as ugly as they say?

When I was at FE Warren AFB in the 91st Transportation Squadron, my best friend's girl, Airman Gillespie, was the bitchinest fox I have ever seen. Just because a woman enlistee only does "secretary" work does not mean she did not fully participate in Mission: Success. Kevin's girl friend sure lifted my morale. :D

Minot Air Force Base - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 91st Missile Wing (91 MW) of the Global Strike Command (AFGSC) is responsible for maintaining the Minuteman III nuclear missiles, located in three main fields to the north, west, and south of the base. Previously known as the 91st Space Wing, it was renamed as a missile wing in June 2008. It is one of the Air Force’s three operational intercontinental ballistic missile units, with Malmstrom AFB at Great Falls, Montana, and F.E. Warren AFB atCheyenne, Wyoming. In addition to its missiles, the wing also operates a squadron of UH-1N Twin Huey helicopters in support of missile and launch control sites.

Last edited:
Vote against any candidate that endorses, "to replace VA health care with a voucher system."

I saw Navy yeomen doing nothing more than secretary work for a few years then leave. I have no idea why they should get a dime.

Are women in the Navy as ugly as they say?

When I was at FE Warren AFB in the 91st Transportation Squadron, my best friend's girl, Airman Gillespie, was the bitchinest fox I have ever seen. Just because a woman enlistee only does "secretary" work does not mean she did not fully participate in Mission: Success. Kevin's girl friend sure lifted my morale. :D

Minot Air Force Base - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 91st Missile Wing (91 MW) of the Global Strike Command (AFGSC) is responsible for maintaining the Minuteman III nuclear missiles, located in three main fields to the north, west, and south of the base. Previously known as the 91st Space Wing, it was renamed as a missile wing in June 2008. It is one of the Air Force’s three operational intercontinental ballistic missile units, with Malmstrom AFB at Great Falls, Montana, and F.E. Warren AFB atCheyenne, Wyoming. In addition to its missiles, the wing also operates a squadron of UH-1N Twin Huey helicopters in support of missile and launch control sites.
I don't know anyone who said they were ugly, there was one beautiful woman I had the hots for. The 2 gay male yeomen were weird but damned efficient.

I am not going to come down hard with any opinion on this, just saying as a naval officer who spent time only in Newport and Orlando that I personally do not feel like I contributed the same as the guy in Afghanistan. I do not feel like I earned anything beyond my paycheck at the time, hell I didn't even know about VA benefits until after I left.

Ryan and McConnell need letters from the OP.
Why? They'd just fuck it up like every politician has regardless of whether they have an R or a D next to their name.

"Oh my god, we have to fix the VA!!!! Again!!!! Okay we'll have lengthy meaningless hearings, create more requirements for the VA staff and PCPs to have to deal with, cut their budget even more and blame the head of the VA when it fails again because we didn't do it right the first, second, third, fourth through twenty fifth times........."
The solution is simple, give the veterans a medical card that can be used anywhere. The poor & elderly get better healthcare that the men & women who risk their lives for us. Close the VA except for the financial departments. As a medical department they suck

Ryan and McConnell need letters from the OP.
Why? They'd just fuck it up like every politician has regardless of whether they have an R or a D next to their name.

"Oh my god, we have to fix the VA!!!! Again!!!! Okay we'll have lengthy meaningless hearings, create more requirements for the VA staff and PCPs to have to deal with, cut their budget even more and blame the head of the VA when it fails again because we didn't do it right the first, second, third, fourth through twenty fifth times........."
The solution is simple, give the veterans a medical card that can be used anywhere. The poor & elderly get better healthcare that the men & women who risk their lives for us. Close the VA except for the financial departments. As a medical department they suck
Nonsense. More than seven of ten vets want the VHA open.

Forum List

Back