Healthcare like "Crack Cocaine"; Obama "Shucking and Jiving"

R

rdean

Michele Bachmann compares subsidized health care to crack cocaine

Bachmann said, "I think the reason is because President Obama can't wait to get Americans addicted to the crack cocaine of dependency on more government health care."
"All they want to do is buy love from people by giving them massive government subsidies," she said.

Bruce Ash, Republican National Committeeman In Arizona, Says Obama 'Is Shucking And Jiving'

Some people wonder why I cannot figure out why I believe Obama is shucking and jiving on ObamaCare.

Rush: Bush had 'shock and awe,' Obama has 'shuck and jive'

They believe every American hated the Iraq war. They are paralyzed by the idea that they are doing the same thing in the minds of a lot of people, which they are by the way. They’re beating he same drum because they’re saying the same thing. They’re making the same allegation — weapons of mass destruction, the whole thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

For one thing, Syria actually has WMD's. Right wingnuts can say Iraq had WMD's but Bush said he was disappointed they didn't. Why they believe Bush when he lied and refuse to believe Bush when he tells the truth escapes me.

And what the hell is "shuck and jive"? Some slave reference? When the Republican Party is 90% white and divided from the rest of the nation, they shouldn't be accusing others of being "divisive". Not when their most famous members and leaders are using slave references. Should they be the "Confederate" party?

And healthcare is "crack cocaine"?????? Healthcare????

I know right wingers are going to once again call me a liar, but I swear, I couldn't make this stuff up. Where would I begin?

-----------------------------------------------

1. shuck and jive

To shuck and jive" originally referred to the intentionally misleading words and actions that African-Americans would employ in order to deceive racist Euro-Americans in power, both during the period of slavery and afterwards. The expression was documented as being in wide usage in the 1920s, but may have originated much earlier.

"Shucking and jiving" was a tactic of both survival and resistance. A slave, for instance, could say eagerly, "Oh, yes, Master," and have no real intention to obey. Or an African-American man could pretend to be working hard at a task he was ordered to do, but might put up this pretense only when under observation. Both would be instances of "doin' the old shuck 'n jive."

Shuckin' and jivin''

Origin

According to linguist Barbara Ann Kipfer, the origins of the phrase may be traced to when "black slaves sang and shouted gleefully during corn-shucking season, and this behavior, along with lying and teasing, became a part of the protective and evasive behavior normally adopted toward white people."

Yup, I knew when I saw the thread title that we'd see the race card.

Remember folks, English isn't English. One must always consider the skin pigmentation of the subject (if they are a liberal only, of course) before using any kinds of sayings, similies, metaphors or analogies. You may also want to confirm the percentages of their ethnicities with them before saying anything, just in case.

Hyperbole? Nope. Getting "permission" has already been suggested on this board.

On second thought, to hell with that. Let the PC Police moan. They've overplayed their hand and are now nothing more than a silly caricature.

:laugh:

Last edited:
What Republican ever used language like "shuckin' and jivin'" except and unless a black is somehow the target. It's not a phrase that is used, ever.

What Republican ever used language like "shuckin' and jivin'" except and unless a black is somehow the target. It's not a phrase that is used, ever.

Sheesh, you're paranoid. Get that stick out of your backside and get over yourself. Race baiting will get you nowhere with me.

What's the big deal?

Bachmann has been outed as a liar, hypocrite and racist.

Nothing she does is surprising anymore.

What's the big deal?

Bachmann has been outed as a liar, hypocrite and racist.

Nothing she does is surprising anymore.

Did Michelle Bachmann really say her gay sister was in league with "Satan"?

I'm white and not a Dem, ergo I'm a racist. I get it. Fine. Enjoy your righteous indignation.

I'll tell you like I told the lady at the diversity class we had to take a few weeks back, "I don't care. You just go right on pretending everything I say is an attack on someone. I've got real work to do."

I'm white and not a Dem, ergo I'm a racist. I get it. Fine. Enjoy your righteous indignation.

I'll tell you like I told the lady at the diversity class we had to take a few weeks back, "I don't care. You just go right on pretending everything I say is an attack on someone. I've got real work to do."

Anybody can be racist. But it's policies and statements that make it known. Republicans don't just hate blacks, but also gays and Hispanics and Muslims and atheists and so on.

They have a very small group they want allowed in their party. They are even against college professors, scientists, smart people and the "elite".

Forum List

Back