Hello Everyone

Laertes

Rookie
Feb 21, 2013
Hello. I found this site after an evening of study and an urge to read and discuss politics. To be honest, this is somewhat strange as I usually stay away from the subject. This will be an interesting experience regardless.

About myself, I am a college student in the Midwest. As stated above, I'm rather new to political discussion and politics in general thus lacking in knowledge. Hopefully reading and participating here will inspire me to remedy my ignorance.

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome to USMB.

I hope you've had all of your shots.

And Homer or Hamlet?

Hello. I found this site after an evening of study and an urge to read and discuss politics. To be honest, this is somewhat strange as I usually stay away from the subject. This will be an interesting experience regardless.

About myself, I am a college student in the Midwest. As stated above, I'm rather new to political discussion and politics in general thus lacking in knowledge. Hopefully reading and participating here will inspire me to remedy my ignorance.

Nice to meet you all.
Welcome to USMB, Laertes. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Thank you for the welcome everyone.

Welcome to USMB.

I hope you've had all of your shots.

And Homer or Hamlet?

I wanted a character that interested me, but I could not decide which writer to draw from so I decided on one from both. :eusa_angel:

Nice to meet you all.

I guess you have two options then. Be a liberal and be uninformed prey. Or be a conservative and be a responsible, knowledgeable citizen.

Nice to meet you all.
There is a very good Free Online course on The Constitution offered by Hillsdale College at hillsdale(dot)edu. Check it out!

And Welcome!

Nice to meet you all.

I guess you have two options then. Be a liberal and be uninformed prey. Or be a conservative and be a responsible, knowledgeable citizen.

As you can see, this site can be to logical fallacies what the night sky is to a heavy meteor shower. Not all of us are crass enough to bring polarization ray guns set on heavy stun into the Intro forum of all places, but as anywhere, some are thus obsessed. Pry open enough of these oysters and you'll eventually find a pearl. Your humility is refreshing. Would that it had the capacity for contagion.

Happy hunting. We look forward to your input.

Last edited:

Nice to meet you all.

As you can see, this site can be to logical fallacies what the night sky is to a heavy meteor shower. Not all of us are crass enough to bring polarization ray guns set on heavy stun into the Intro forum of all places, but as anywhere, some are thus obsessed. Pry open enough of these oysters and you'll eventually find a pearl. Your humility is refreshing. Would that it had the capacity for contagion.

It's a logical fallacy to believe there can't be a polarization. Good job genius.

It's a logical fallacy to believe there can't be a polarization. Good job genius.

No, it's a logical fallacy to create one where there isn't even a debate going on, Einstein. :cuckoo:
As I said: "obsessed".

No, it's a logical fallacy to create one where there isn't even a debate going on, Einstein. :cuckoo:
As I said: "obsessed".

I refuted your point directly with actual logic and you're the one that brought up the logic angle. All's you're doing is being deflecting. That being the case, I'd rather be "obsessed" than go full retard like your sorry ass just did.

Nice to meet you all.

Politics ..mmm basically, Democrats are in full denial and Republicans are just getting over the American peoples stupidity in re-electing Obama...

...and welcome young newbyo...:popcorn:

Nice to meet you all.

If you approach this place honestly, it will force you to look into issues that you might otherwise not have looked into too deeply.

If you're here to arrive at a closer truth through the benefit of rational discussion of opposing views?

You might be a tad disappointed.

Forum List

Back