HELP - Israel vs Palestinians - Educate me

This one always crack me up. Hamas was the elected government in office. Hamas won the 2006 elections and was the majority party in the Palestinian Authority.

Battle of Gaza (2007) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Battle of Gaza, also referred to as Hamas' takeover of Gaza
Territorial
changes Hamas takes over the Gaza Strip

Good link, thanks.

It was a climax in the Fatah–Hamas conflict, centered around the struggle for power, after Fatah lost the parliamentary elections of 2006. Hamas fighters took control of the Gaza Strip[3] and removed Fatah officials.

Hamas won the 2006 elections and was the majority party in the Palestinian Authority. Hamas was the head of the Palestinian Authority and that government was legally constituted.

Fatah, (the losers of the elections) with the help of the US and others, (guns, money, political cover) attempted to retake control.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ai-Udti1M]On The Map with Avi Lewis: Gaza Coup d'Etat? - YouTube[/ame]

"Hamas won the 2006 elections and was the majority party in the Palestinian Authority.
Hamas was the head of the Palestinian Authority and that government was legally constituted."

Ha.

I'm not certain he was lying but I agree the UN did not create Israel. 716,700 Jewish and 156,000 non-Jewish soon-to-be Israelis did.
You forgot to mention illegally.
How so? The Sultan of the State of Palestine personally handed transfer papers over to Ben Gurion.

Don't even bother with Tinmore. The guy has absolutely no clue what he's talking about concerning the history of Israel and 'Palestine'

You forgot to mention illegally.
How so? The Sultan of the State of Palestine personally handed transfer papers over to Ben Gurion.

Don't even bother with Tinmore. The guy has absolutely no clue what he's talking about concerning the history of Israel and 'Palestine'

Did you catch my 'discovery?'

For those who are under the mistaken impression that Israel came in and TOOK the land from the Arabs, this dispels that notion.

Conservatives should keep this handy because about 15% (IMHO) of all anti-Israeli posters who have given the matter any real thought opposes Israel on the basis that it came in and stole the Palestinians' land.

What we see here, however, is that this idea is not factually supported.

Keep this handy to help spread the truth about the history.

"...the 1919 League of Nations vote to adopt the plan did not (as conventional wisdom now wrongly supposes) unilaterally impose a decision on the Arab peoples of the Middle East without their input.

In fact, the League of Nations acted as direct result of a 1919 Arab treaty with Jewish leaders."

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/0553117785/ref=acr_offerlistingpage_text?ie=UTF8&showViewpoin]Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Battleground: Fact and Fantasy in Palestine[/ame] ts=1

The entire proposition has been dispelled with this history reminder:

"...the 1919 League of Nations vote to adopt the plan did not (as conventional wisdom now wrongly supposes) unilaterally impose a decision on the Arab peoples of the Middle East without their input.

In fact, the League of Nations acted as direct result of a 1919 Arab treaty with Jewish leaders."

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/0553117785/ref=acr_offerlistingpage_text?ie=UTF8&showViewpoin[/ame] ts=1

It's good vs people who still live in the 7th century. All you have to do is LOOK.

You get it now ?

No doubt Islam has probably leads to sexual frustration. It could be one of the reasons so many male muslamics are so uptight. But they aren't the only ones living in the 7th century. There are people all around the world that believe certain events actually did happen. Your right, look all around you. In fact, does any religion get a pass from being the cause of most of the world's problems today? Sorry to sway off subject, but do you get it?

"Sorry to sway off subject, but do you get it?"

np....about and with all due respect: if you're a guy, i sometimes feel .....you may not see things the same way as me in this regard. If I'm wrong, sorry...

"There are people all around the world that believe certain events actually did happen---In fact, does any religion get a pass from being the cause of most of the world's problems today..."

ronin, i guess you don't believe in God (?-sounds like it)... you seem very "frustrated" towards people who believe in God and ''people who "believe in actual events."

what do you want to hear ?

I believe in God....

You be who you are. In between your own "frustrations" with people who believe in God....(and I have my personal reasons - it's all good) -- BUT think how "someone like me" may feel about...you (but not in a bad way, you get it?? no ? ) .... and a.f.a.i.c -- no person/peoples (for example) who blow themselves up to kill others at a market place IN THE NAME OF GOD - are people of GOD. It's not God's way. They're just sick individuals--so far from GOD, it's scary/sad.. Whether you are Jewish, Muslim, Christian, doesn't matter.

p.s.:

you may not think so, (i really don't know, RO)....but, who we are - it was no accident. i'm whittling it down TO....it's simple. those eyebrows. placed ever so delicately over our eyes. yeah, an accident. i don't look at it that way. I believe in an architect.... a designer. I don't CARE what stephen hawking, et al (you, et al) might think on that subject.

What a design-I FEEL, there's a reason why they're there.

A.F.A.I.C. *snap*

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Battleground: Fact and Fantasy in Palestine ts=1
What arab treaty are you talking about?

Just read the link, then rephrase your question.

What if it turns out that the leading Arab/Muslims of that day agreed with the idea?

In short, Katz shows that...

the 1919 League of Nations vote to adopt the plan did not (as conventional wisdom now wrongly supposes) unilaterally impose a decision on the Arab peoples of the Middle East without their input.

In fact, the League of Nations acted as direct result of a 1919 Arab treaty with Jewish leaders.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/0553117785/ref=acr_offerlistingpage_text?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1[/ame]
Are you actually trying to use a book review as proof?

Are you referring to Emir Feisal's delegation at the Paris Peace Conference in 1919?

The Paris Peace Conference

The delegation of the Hijaz (now Saudi Arabia), led by Sherif Husain's son, Emir Feisal, was the only Arab delegation at the Conference, and presented the Arab case for independence, although their credentials were not recognized by all Arab leaders.
In a nutshell, the Arabs were under-represented in that conference.

Last edited:

Is it just tequila shots you do ? You may just be swallowing to many WORMS dude...

Come on, Billo!

I give you more credit than that!

If you don't know what treaty I'm referring to are you really ready to come out for one side or the other?

How can you judge the merits of the matter without having a firm grasp of all or most of the pertinent background information???

When the link is provided you you have no excuse for being unfamiliar with the subject being discussed.

Come back to the thread when you are prepared.

Forum List

Back