Zone1 Here Are 10 Bad Things That Have Happened, Proving God Doesn't Exist

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Here Are 10 Bad Things That Have Happened, Proving God Doesn't Exist
SPONSORED·Mar 17, 2021 · BabylonBee.com

1721486954966.png

We all know there's no way God can exist-- because bad things happen sometimes. If God existed, those bad things obviously wouldn't happen. Here are 10 examples. Remember these next time you're tempted to believe in God.

#1. One of the evilest men to ever live, Donald Trump, got elected president: Would a good God have allowed the presidency to be torn away from Hillary? I don't think so.

#2. My phone is dead and I can't find my charger: I even bought a new one just last week. I can't go on like this... I may be dying.

#3. George R.R. Martin hasn't finished his next book: If God exists, why isn't The Winds of Winter out yet? Checkmate.

#4. We have too many fast-food choices. It's disgusting: There's just too much abundance. Why would God allow that? I'm getting fat. It's not fair.

#5. The Last Jedi exists: 30 minutes into that movie, I realized life was meaningless and there was no hope.

#6. My shower ran out of hot water this morning: It was horrible.

#7. Good things happen, which makes the existence of bad things seem even worse: Why do so many good things happen? It just makes the bad things look bad. That's not really fair to the bad things. If God cared, it wouldn't be like that.

#8 The Mueller Report was a dud: Remember that disaster? 2 years of my life spent anxiously awaiting the results, down the drain. I could have learned to knit. Or ride a unicycle. Why would God let that happen? Oh yeah-- because he doesn't exist.

#9 My car makes a funny noise when I put it in 3rd gear: Slight imperfections in machines prove there was never a designer. I'm starting to think Chevy doesn't exist either.

#10 My post got zero likes this morning: If you don't think that's concrete evidence for God's non-existence, consider that fact that it happened yesterday too! My life is hard.

I hope you enjoyed reading this list of 10 bad things that prove God isn't real. If you still believe in God after reading this, I guess you're a sheep.

I don't know for sure but seems that gawd loves the fuck out of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

OIP.XouaIL7IfCg7oIPVhbR7HgHaFF

Here Are 10 Bad Things That Have Happened, Proving God Doesn't Exist
SPONSORED·Mar 17, 2021 · BabylonBee.com

View attachment 980404

We all know there's no way God can exist-- because bad things happen sometimes. If God existed, those bad things obviously wouldn't happen. Here are 10 examples. Remember these next time you're tempted to believe in God.

#1. One of the evilest men to ever live, Donald Trump, got elected president: Would a good God have allowed the presidency to be torn away from Hillary? I don't think so.

#2. My phone is dead and I can't find my charger: I even bought a new one just last week. I can't go on like this... I may be dying.

#3. George R.R. Martin hasn't finished his next book: If God exists, why isn't The Winds of Winter out yet? Checkmate.

#4. We have too many fast-food choices. It's disgusting: There's just too much abundance. Why would God allow that? I'm getting fat. It's not fair.

#5. The Last Jedi exists: 30 minutes into that movie, I realized life was meaningless and there was no hope.

#6. My shower ran out of hot water this morning: It was horrible.

#7. Good things happen, which makes the existence of bad things seem even worse: Why do so many good things happen? It just makes the bad things look bad. That's not really fair to the bad things. If God cared, it wouldn't be like that.

#8 The Mueller Report was a dud: Remember that disaster? 2 years of my life spent anxiously awaiting the results, down the drain. I could have learned to knit. Or ride a unicycle. Why would God let that happen? Oh yeah-- because he doesn't exist.

#9 My car makes a funny noise when I put it in 3rd gear: Slight imperfections in machines prove there was never a designer. I'm starting to think Chevy doesn't exist either.

#10 My post got zero likes this morning: If you don't think that's concrete evidence for God's non-existence, consider that fact that it happened yesterday too! My life is hard.

I hope you enjoyed reading this list of 10 bad things that prove God isn't real. If you still believe in God after reading this, I guess you're a sheep.
WTF?

You need to get out more.

Although the OP is tongue-in-cheek, here is my view of the Good God/Bad Stuff Happens discussion:

Consider the following analogy: We are all familiar with the game of pocket billiards. I submit that if one could make a perfect pool table - no friction, perfect bumpers on which no energy is lost when a ball caroms off - then an infinitely intelligent player could execute a break that would result in all fifteen balls ending up in one of the six holes. He would not have to intervene at any time, the balls would simply move according to the laws of physics and the balls would go in.

That is creation. God created a perfect, dynamic universe that will last forever. But because it is dynamic, things happen that are disastrous to various species, from time to time. Think of the dinosaurs. But this is not a flaw in the system, it IS the system. We just have to recognize how it works, and don't expect nature to yield the most favorable outcomes for humans at all times. Floods, earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes and such are necessary for the earth to continue for eternity (or however long God has planned). God gave us intelligence far beyond any other creatures, so that we might have the tools to best protect ourselves from these natural disasters, but we can never be completely successful. (This is why I have no concerns about climate change; human scientists will deal with it, just as they have for the past millennia).

As far as human evil, God gave EVERYBODY free will, good people, bad people, and everyone in between. He does not intervene, either with natural phenomena or with human atrocities. We have the tools to deal with them, one way or another. That's what the Torah is for and Jesus Christ. We are not responsible for things over which we have no control, but we are responsible for what we can control.

So don't expect God to solve your problems for you. He rarely deigns to get involved. We have all the tools we need to deal with what life throws at us, and if we do so, we have the ability to live in "paradise" forever. Life is temporary; deal with it.

Forum List

Back