Zone1 Are all people equally valuable?

Would you say that all human beings are equally valuable? I'm not talking about this from the perspective of society. When we look at this world and all the horrible things that humans have done to one another throughout history, I think it's safe to say that most people don't believe that all lives are equally valuable. But of course people aren't the source of objective truth. So my question is, what do you believe the actual truth is, in regard to human value? Would you say that all lives are inherently equal in value?

If your answer is yes, please explain why you believe that. If your answer is no, please explain why you believe that, and what things determine human value, in your view.

I'll start. I believe that all lives are equally valuable. Why, because as a Christian I believe that God is the source of actual truth, and in God's eyes we all have equal value. We were all created by God, we were all created in the image of God, and from a Christian perspective, Jesus (who was God in the flesh) died not just for some people, but for ALL people, whoever receives that gift of salvation, by faith.

This reminds me of a really good analogy about life being like a play... It's all temporary, and at the end of the day, things like money, social status, or anything else that society values ultimately means nothing. Why, because when the play is over, all the temporary things are gone and there is no difference between a Prince and a Pauper, in God's eyes.

I'll see if I can find that clip I'm thinking of, and if I do, I'll post it. But for now, what is your answer to this question?
No. All people are created equal, but that is biblical. Life is cheap to some but more valued to others. Hamas and Israel is a clear indicator of that.

Please don't feed the troll.

It's a complete waste of time. I don't use the ignore feature, but I do ignore his posts, because he's a one-trick pony who does nothing but troll with the same repeated hateful nonsense, over and over, 24/7/365 in this section. If he posts on the actual topic, great, but if it's just more of his usual trolling, I really wish you all would not engage with him, on this thread anyway. Thanks ding.
Both of them are dangerous. Before hateful actions can occur, hateful words are spoken. They didn't start off throwing Jews in gas chambers. They started with hateful rhetoric first.

No. All people are created equal, but that is biblical. Life is cheap to some but more valued to others. Hamas and Israel is a clear indicator of that.

That is certainly how many people see it. But can you find any scriptures that show that God says some humans are more valuable than others?

Both of them are dangerous. Before hateful actions can occur, hateful words are spoken. They didn't start off throwing Jews in gas chambers. They started with hateful rhetoric first.

I agree. But some people can't be reasoned with. That is not to say that I think some people are hopeless. I don't believe that at all. I'm just saying that trying to talk sense into some people is about as useful as trying to reason with a viper.

I agree. But some people can't be reasoned with. That is not to say that I think some people are hopeless. I don't believe that at all. I'm just saying that trying to talk sense into some people is about as useful as trying to reason with a viper.
I'm not trying to reason with either of them. They are unreasonable.

Forum List

Back