🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Here’s a Bible quote you’ll never hear from LW’s or the Dems

here's a couple of verses Republicans rarely follow.
"He who has a generous eye will be blessed,
For he gives of his bread to the poor."
Proverbs 22:9
and
“And the nations were wroth, and thy wrath came, and the time of the dead to be judged, and [the time] to give their reward to thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and to them that fear thy name, the small and the great; and to destroy them that destroy the earth."
Revelation 11:18

What fantasy world are you living?

How is having someone else throw money away in the name of the poor ministering to them in our personal lives? Jesus didn't organize political movements force others to take care of the poor. He went about ministering to their needs personally.

As far as taking care of the earth. Go to a progressive rally vs a tea party rally and tell me which group picks up after themselves and which one lays their garbage all over the ground.

The reason why is obvious

When you believe its your responsibility to do something, you act.

When you believe its someone else's responsibility. IE the government, you don't

I'm quoting the Bible. There are many more verses in the Bible, that say basically the same thing.
And, I thought you were a devote Christian. I guess not. You put your ideology over God's Word.
If you have a problem with the Bible, question God. I am simply following the Bible.

Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.
Proverbs 14:31
He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.
Luke 14:12-14
For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.
Deuteronomy 15:11
Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also
Luke 12:33-34

Oh the ultimate famous quote from the NT the Cons so LOVE, they also used this quote in times of slavery.

Its in regard to the missionaries had quite preaching to coming of Christ, and Paul is upset. Once again taken out of context.

[3:6] Some members of the community, probably because they regarded the parousia as imminent or the new age of the Lord to be already here (2 Thes 2:2), had apparently ceased to work for a living. The disciplinary problem they posed could be rooted in distorted thinking about Paul’s own teaching (cf. 1 Thes 2:16; 3:34; 5:45) or, more likely, in a forged letter (2 Thes 2:2) and the type of teaching dealt with in 2 Thes 2:115. The apostle’s own moral teaching, reflected in his selfless labors for others, was rooted in a deep doctrinal concern for the gospel message (cf. 1 Thes 2:310).

http://usccb.org/bible/2thessalonia
We have to do what God's wants us to do, in order to get something in return. We cannot just lay around waiting for God to cleanse us. We have to put some effort to it. Like the cripple man on the mat. He had striven for years to receive his blessing, by making sure that he goes into the water when the angel stirs it up so that he can be healed. But he did not sit and wait on the day of the Lord to come, so that he can be healed. If someone wants something to happen, that they will strive to get it.

2 Thessalonians 3:7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

John 21:17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

John 4:34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

Matthew 25:27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

John 5:7 “Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.”

This was supposed to be about a person working for what he gets
But I guess the libs feel more comfortable talking about something else

2Thessalonians 3:10
If any would not work.--The word "would" stands for "is not willing," "refuses." To any weakness or incapacity for work, except in himself, St. Paul would be very tender; the vice consists in the defective will. The canon (in the original) is laid down in the pointed form of some old Roman law like those of the Twelve Tables: "If any man choose not to work, neither let him eat."

I wish republicans would quote the bible to do something on the side of good for once
Like supporting butt fuckers?

Sorry... nothing in the Bible but condemnations for that.
Same bible says sassing ones parents gets one stoned.
This was supposed to be about a person working for what he gets
But I guess the libs feel more comfortable talking about something else

You are ignorant of the scriptures, so I don't waste my time.

Last edited:
Paul was talking to the church and he meant continue preaching, not physical work. Your payment will be in heaven. I'll tell you when you take things out of context , which you cons do, you make a mess of scripture. Its repugnant how you use and twist scripture.

and
“And the nations were wroth, and thy wrath came, and the time of the dead to be judged, and [the time] to give their reward to thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and to them that fear thy name, the small and the great; and to destroy them that destroy the earth."

How is having someone else throw money away in the name of the poor ministering to them in our personal lives? Jesus didn't organize political movements force others to take care of the poor. He went about ministering to their needs personally.

As far as taking care of the earth. Go to a progressive rally vs a tea party rally and tell me which group picks up after themselves and which one lays their garbage all over the ground.

When you believe its someone else's responsibility. IE the government, you don't

I'm quoting the Bible. There are many more verses in the Bible, that say basically the same thing.
And, I thought you were a devote Christian. I guess not. You put your ideology over God's Word.
If you have a problem with the Bible, question God. I am simply following the Bible.

Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.
He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.
For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.
Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also

Quoting the bible is pointless If you don't apply the quotes correctly. Even the devil quotes scripture

Last edited:
and

Quoting the bible is pointless If you don't apply the quotes correctly. Even the devil quotes scripture

You mean devils, evil men.

and

OK, why don’t you tell, how I didn’t use the Bible to match your low standards.
Then I’ll be sure to pass on your version onto my church’s pastor.

and

Not really sure how clearly I can get.

The scriptures tell us to give to the poor, not have someone else do it

and

Here's what bothers me about that. In NT times, poverty among Jews was rampant. It reminds me of when I visited India many years ago. There were beggars everywhere! Palestine in NT times had no social safety nets for the poor. The only thing the poor had to fall back on was begging. They were utterly dependent on handouts. It was a terrible situation, and it clearly didn't work! But that's exactly what Christians want to go back to! Why? Because the Bible says alms should be up to the individual and that the government should have no hand in it. Clearly, the social safety nets for the poor that we have in place work far, far better than what the poor had in NT times. I'm sorry, but 'the Bible says' is NO REASON to revert back to THAT!

Paul was talking to the church and he meant continue preaching, not physical work. Your payment will be in heaven. I'll tell you when you take things out of context , which you cons do, you make a mess of scripture. Its repugnant how you use and twist scripture.
If you took the words out of context out of the English language Penelope's religion would collapse.

and

He uses the KJV.
Who's your Pastor? Walter R. Martin? LOL

If you took the words out of context out of the English language Penelope's religion would collapse.

You and your cons one liners get old. Do you even know what context is. You have probably memorized the one liners and that is what you put out. I hear them all the time from you Evans and Cons.

and

Ever read Psalm 72?

2Thessalonians 3:10
Soooo...you think that the Left/Dems would have a problem with the Bible verse...

10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

...that practically mirrors the premise of socialism. Or have you not heard, "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need," made famous by Karl Marx. I find it ironic that a Conservative would find that particular Bible verse important...

Last edited:

You and your cons one liners get old. Do you even know what context is. You have probably memorized the one liners and that is what you put out. I hear them all the time from you Evans and Cons.
Let you speech be yea yea and nay nay

Forum List

Back