Zone1 Is The Pentacostal Arm of "Christianity" The Work Of Satan?

Demonic ends are one thing. But all this denomination/CULT has to do to secure one for Satan, is get them to mace a mockery, or... Blaspheme the Holy Spirit; and even Christ will never forgive them.
The Catholic Church has always taught that the only unforgivable sin

is to reject Christ until the VERY end of your life.

And we don't even know if a person has done that at death because the spirit could repent after leaving the body..

Vastator is God's voice? :)
i don't think Vastator is speaking for god, but i do wonder how acts could be sp clear that the apostles spoke (and there may be a few possibilities, but i think the apostles spoke aramaic or greek koine and everyone who heard them understood.

as a child i imagined this like a "star trek" translation device but may be a metaphorical emotional understanding (?) transcending speech.

anyway, the point is that each person at the pentacost understood the apostles, while the pentacostal version is maybe a little less intelligible?

I worry that the Pentacostals are truly the work of Satan/Lucifer.
Let me explain where this concern comes from. Primarily, it is the speaking in tongues.
You may not need to worry. Glossolalia (speaking in Tongues) has been researched by psychologists. It usually occurs when one is in an emotional state, often followed by euphoria, and some suggest this is exactly what the Apostles and disciples experienced on Sunday upon the advent of the Holy Spirit. Where it gets messy is that some feel pressured to speak in Tongues, or to teach others how to speak in Tongues, so there is a bit of pretense and even sham going on with some.

You may not need to worry. Glossolalia (speaking in Tongues) has been researched by psychologists. It usually occurs when one is in an emotional state, often followed by euphoria, and some suggest this is exactly what the Apostles and disciples experienced on Sunday upon the advent of the Holy Spirit. Where it gets messy is that some feel pressured to speak in Tongues, or to teach others how to speak in Tongues, so there is a bit of pretense and even sham going on with some.
From thine own mouth...

From thine own mouth...
The one thing I can tell you from personal experience is that it is optional. I was deep in prayer some years ago and I knew I could do it--I only needed to open my mouth. I chose not to, but it was a memorable enough experience that I immediately did some research. Keep in mind not all Pentecostals speak in Tongues, and many are faithful followers of Jesus and scripture. They prefer Pentecostal services because most are very energetic and often loud--but sincere. I am not cut out to be a Pentecostal--I prefer the calm and peaceful over the flamboyant. :)

What exactly is the sin against the Holy Ghost? In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints a few of our prophets have described it as follows:

So what does it mean to blaspheme against, or deny, the Holy Ghost? Here’s what Joseph Smith said about it:

“What must a man do to commit the unpardonable sin? He must receive the Holy Ghost, have the heavens opened unto him, and know God, and then sin against him. After a man has sinned against the Holy Ghost, there is no repentance for him. He has got to say that the sun does not shine while he sees it; he has got to deny Jesus Christ when the heavens have been opened unto him, and to deny the plan of salvation with his eyes open to the truth of it.”
President Spencer W. Kimball also added that,

“The sin against the Holy Ghost requires such knowledge that it is manifestly impossible for the rank and file to commit such a sin.”

Lucifer and his followers who rebelled against God in our premortal existence committed the unpardonable sin. They, knowing the truthfulness of God came out in open rebellion against him knowing full well that God exists and that He was God. In this life it is possible for some to come to this same knowledge about God and receive the strongest witness to their souls from the Holy Ghost that God the Father Lives, that Jesus is the Christ and then rebel against God and turn totally against him. Cain is an example of this. He had a full knowledge of God and his plan of salvation for us. Yet, Cain sided with Satan/Lucifer and turned against God. God even named Cain Perdition the same as Lucifer. All those who reach to such heights of knowing God and then rebelling against him commit the unpardonable sin and become sons of Perdition.

Doctrine an Covenants 76:25-27
25 And this we saw also, and bear record, that an angel of God who was in authority in the presence of God, who rebelled against the Only Begotten Son whom the Father loved and who was in the bosom of the Father, was thrust down from the presence of God and the Son,
26 And was called Perdition, for the heavens wept over him—he was Lucifer, a son of the morning.
27 And we beheld, and lo, he is fallen! is fallen, even a son of the morning!

Moses 5:22-26
22 And the Lord said unto Cain: Why art thou wroth? Why is thy countenance fallen?
23 If thou doest well, thou shalt be accepted. And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door, and Satan desireth to have thee; and except thou shalt hearken unto my commandments, I will deliver thee up, and it shall be unto thee according to his desire. And thou shalt rule over him;
24 For from this time forth thou shalt be the father of his lies; thou shalt be called Perdition; for thou wast also before the world.
25 And it shall be said in time to come—That these abominations were had from Cain; for he rejected the greater counsel which was had from God; and this is a cursing which I will put upon thee, except thou repent.
26 And Cain was wroth, and listened not any more to the voice of the Lord, neither to Abel, his brother, who walked in holiness before the Lord.

Not my opinion. The word of scripture. So, when compared against the scripture... I have questions.

Am I misremembering or were you formerly an unbeliever? Not meant as an insult or a needle but a genuine question

Oh!!! You are so very wrong... I most certainly have. And never have I experienced a more malevolent, evil experience in my life. I was actually afraid to get up and leave. It was like being dropped into an asylum; and hearing the cells click open. My experience there is in part why I opened this thread. While they loudly proclaimed that the Holy Spirit was present in their revelry... I actually definitely felt a spiritual presence. And there was nothing Holy about it. Quite the Contrary...

I find this to be on point fwiw. Not to say this is the experience in EVERY Pentecostal church nor certainly every Pentecostal person. It's all too easy for churches to put performances, experiences and feelings over what should be the center of the experience: God, the Trinity.

Spiritual darkness is very real and not to be played with.

The Catholic Church has always taught that the only unforgivable sin

is to reject Christ until the VERY end of your life.

And we don't even know if a person has done that at death because the spirit could repent after leaving the body..
While I'm not intimately familiar with all the teachings of Catholicism; in Christianity the Bible speaks to the finality of the unforgivable sin.

Mark 3:29
King James Version
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.​

Matthew 12:31–32 states, "Therefore I tell you, people will be forgiven for every sin and blasphemy, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come".

While I'm not intimately familiar with all the teachings of Catholicism; in Christianity the Bible speaks to the finality of the unforgivable sin.

Mark 3:29​

King James Version​

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.​

Matthew 12:31–32 states, "Therefore I tell you, people will be forgiven for every sin and blasphemy, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come".
I'm quite familiar w/ this psg and have read the entire bible, much of it over and over again. Also, If you attend daily Mass for 3 years, you will essentially hear the entire Bible, Old and N

This psg is a good example of why we need a CHURCH to interpret scripture. It is SO easy to read this psgthat you give and deterimine that it must be speaking of SAYING something unholy. But that is not it. If the Holy Spirit inspires you to do something and you don't do it... you can still repent and then go do what you at first refused to do. That is not blasphemy of the HS. In my Douay Rheims Bible that has great footnotes on difficult- sounding psgs, it says something to the effect that.. well, the people Jesus was addressing when He warned of blasphemy of the HS had just accused Him of using the power of Satan, knowing that that was not true. Ok, this is MY comment (only God knows whether they knew what they were doing), so ... to get back to the DR footnote material, it says basically that a soul can resist the HS, resist accepting Christ.. so many times that it becomes so hardened it is extremely unlikely that person will ever repent. But of course all things are possible with God and He definitely looks to be waiting for people to repent (Pelosi, bribum...). I frankly think he waits too long, but who am I to say?

In any case, Jesus was WARNING about .. hate to put it this way, but basically giving a finger to the HS, saying NO, I will not serve (Satan's words).

He was not necessarily saying those people had done that in an absolute way, so that there was no room for repentance.. He was simply WARNING them and all of us..

I'm quite familiar w/ this psg and have read the entire bible, much of it over and over again. Also, If you attend daily Mass for 3 years, you will essentially hear the entire Bible, Old and N

This psg is a good example of why we need a CHURCH to interpret scripture. It is SO easy to read this psgthat you give and deterimine that it must be speaking of SAYING something unholy. But that is not it. If the Holy Spirit inspires you to do something and you don't do it... you can still repent and then go do what you at first refused to do. That is not blasphemy of the HS. In my Douay Rheims Bible that has great footnotes on difficult- sounding psgs, it says something to the effect that.. well, the people Jesus was addressing when He warned of blasphemy of the HS had just accused Him of using the power of Satan, knowing that that was not true. Ok, this is MY comment (only God knows whether they knew what they were doing), so ... to get back to the DR footnote material, it says basically that a soul can resist the HS, resist accepting Christ.. so many times that it becomes so hardened it is extremely unlikely that person will ever repent. But of course all things are possible with God and He definitely looks to be waiting for people to repent (Pelosi, bribum...). I frankly think he waits too long, but who am I to say?

In any case, Jesus was WARNING about .. hate to put it this way, but basically giving a finger to the HS, saying NO, I will not serve (Satan's words).

He was not necessarily saying those people had done that in an absolute way, so that there was no room for repentance.. He was simply WARNING them and all of us..
As a Christian there is little chance I would ever be attending Mass. Less still would be the need for a Church, or Priest to explain this rather straight forward, easy to understand passage.

That wasn't meant to come across terse. But Catholics have a different "Bible", than Christians. Also different customs, beliefs, and rituals. With that being said; what your book, and church teach, aren't really very applicable to the things going on amongst the Pentacostals. Don't feel too alienated by that because even as Bibles go, this lot that I interact with where I am are STRICTLY KJVO. Which means King James Version Only. And they're very serious about that. I've heard some really interesting thoughts, opinions, and theories about other versions of the Bible from some of these folks

That wasn't meant to come across terse. But Catholics have a different "Bible", than Christians.
Yes, they do (sort of). The Catholic Bible is different because of LUTHER (apostate priest), who removed 7 books from the Old Testament --and wanted to remove 4 from the New but colleagues stopped him. So Catholics have the entire Bible. Protestants have parts of it.

But we are told not to remove anything from the Word

Luther, however was better than Christ's Church, dontcha know?

"And people loved darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil"

So what are they saying when they speak in tongues?
Honestly, I have no idea. The first time I heard it I was amazed. I believe it started with foreign dialects.
The following video is a good representation. I have been to both all black, all white, and mixed race Pentecostal churches.

Forum List

Back