Here's An Idea

pretty sure cafeteria policies are more expensive than 1 standard policy... cheaper insurance is the point of the law isn't it?

I think one of the complaints about this idea is that health insurance companies dont or wont quote pricing and or cost of services before hand. I think that was one of the complaints with "shopping around"

"15 minutes will save you 15 percent on car insurance."

No reason that model cannot work for health insurance if you get the government out of the way.

Uh yeah there is...the reason is because the companies wouldnt tell you the cost so that makes comparison shopping kinda hard.

Or maybe they arent telling the consumers how much it is because Daddy govt something something...

I think one of the complaints about this idea is that health insurance companies dont or wont quote pricing and or cost of services before hand. I think that was one of the complaints with "shopping around"

No reason that model cannot work for health insurance if you get the government out of the way.

Uh yeah there is...the reason is because the companies wouldnt tell you the cost so that makes comparison shopping kinda hard.

Or maybe they arent telling the consumers how much it is because Daddy govt something something...

They tell me how much I would have to pay for their auto insurance, and that allows for me to shop around.

The market forces them to tell me how much, or I move on to somewhere else. So it would be for health insurance.

They tell me how much I would have to pay for their auto insurance, and that allows for me to shop around.

The market forces them to tell me how much, or I move on to somewhere else. So it would be for health insurance.

And they havent told the consumers how much it costs to date because...the market did something?

pretty sure cafeteria policies are more expensive than 1 standard policy... cheaper insurance is the point of the law isn't it?

I buy my auto, home, and life insurance all from the same company, and they give me big discounts because of that.

They also give me discounts the longer I stay with them.

You don't get long term customer discounts for employer-sponsored health insurance, especially since you immediately lose your health insurance every time you lose or change your employer!

You are a total hostage to whatever company and plans your employer chooses for you. And, in turn, your employer is hostage to the insurance company. The smaller the company, the less bargaining leverage they have.

And in turn, the insurance company is hostage to the health care provider. The more the government has limited the geographical area the insurance company is allowed to operate in, the less customers the insurance company has for bargaining leverage with the health care provider.

The whole scheme is one giant ripoff, ever driving the cost of health care up.

And they havent told the consumers how much it costs to date because...the market did something?

Because the market doesn't exist! I cannot pick up the phone and buy insurance from any company in America I like.

Cool! What's next, business can decide that if a pregnant woman wants to deliver a healthy baby she can shop elsewhere because they simply don't feel like covering it?

Cons to women: hahahahahaha f you

If you bought your own insurance, instead of being stupid enough to want someone else to make health care decisions for you, you can decide if you want pregnancy coverage for yourself.

Crazy, huh?
Thanks for the confirmation.

Cool! What's next, business can decide that if a pregnant woman wants to deliver a healthy baby she can shop elsewhere because they simply don't feel like covering it?

Cons to women: hahahahahaha f you

If you bought your own insurance, instead of being stupid enough to want someone else to make health care decisions for you, you can decide if you want pregnancy coverage for yourself.

Crazy, huh?

You select your own car insurance and decide what coverage options you want. I guess that is a big "F YOU" to all car owners by your bizarre way of thinking.

Holy smokes!

Man, look at the willful hostages in this topic!

They want the government to force them to accept the insurance the government decides they should have. They want their employers to decide what insurance they should have. They don't want free choice!

That is so sad.

Well, you could shift everyone out of employer insurance into the exchanges, of course then you'd have tens of millions getting a taxpayer funded subsidy to help them pay for it.

Because the market doesn't exist! I cannot pick up the phone and buy insurance from any company in America I like.

Dude you keep going in circles. NO the market doesnt exists and never has. Its not the govt fault so who's fault is it that health insurance companies wont give you pricing making it impossible to compare?

If your employer-sponsored health insurance company fucks you over, there is nothing you can do about it. You can't drop them and go to a better insurance company. This completely removes market pressure on insurance companies to straighten up.

Low Cost Health Insurance - Medical Insurance Plans by State

Available health plans vary from state to state. Find your state below and get information about medical insurance companies and products offered there, then get a fast, free health insurance quote

shop til you drop

Key words "by State". Can a shopper in California buy insurance from a health insurance company based out of Maine?

Nope.

if you're trying to qualify for a subsidy, then yes all the policies have mandatory guidelines... if not, you can buy from an agent in Arizona representing a company in NY and pay any price you're comfortable with

Crazy, huh?

You select your own car insurance and decide what coverage options you want. I guess that is a big "F YOU" to all car owners by your bizarre way of thinking.

Holy smokes!

And you want it so that people can't decide what coverage options they want if they work for rightwing nutters.

auto insurance has legal minimums for coverage

so if they could establish those for health insurance, I don't see why not

to me though the trouble is the cost of the care itself is fucking insane

Man, look at the willful hostages in this topic!

They want the government to force them to accept the insurance the government decides they should have. They want their employers to decide what insurance they should have. They don't want free choice!

That is so sad.

No. You are the one who wanted this handled just like auto insurance. Auto insurance is mandated by the government. I don't think there is a single state that let's you drive without it.

The only choice you get in auto insurance is how much more coverage you want to buy above the minimum.

Dude you keep going in circles. NO the market doesnt exists and never has. Its not the govt fault so who's fault is it that health insurance companies wont give you pricing making it impossible to compare?
It is most definitely is the government's fault there is no nationwide health insurance market.

The government is deeply involved in the health insurance market with Medicare and Medicaid and other programs, and it writes the rules for its competition, tying their hands! It does not get more rigged than that.

You don't see that in the auto, life, or home insurance markets. Nothing like it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back