Hero Defends Shop With Unregistered Gun

No, and I request anyone to show me where there is a law that allows the municipalities to make laws regarding gun registration other than what the States' have the right to mandate. Here is some night reading for you who were busy smelling vaginas while in high school government class.
States'-rights doctrine definition of States'-rights doctrine in the Free Online Encyclopedia.

Under Article IV
"(c) In addition to powers granted in the statute of local governments or any other law, (i) every local government shall have power to adopt and amend local laws not inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution or any general law relating to its property, affairs or government and, (ii) every local government shall have power to adopt and amend local laws not inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution or any general law relating to the following subjects, whether or not they relate to the property, affairs or government of such local government, except to the extent that the legislature shall restrict the adoption of such a local law relating to other than the property, affairs or government of such local government:"

New York State Constitution
So that would be a yes?

After studying the state Constitution, it is my opinion that the city can pass laws in the manner they have. I could be wrong, but, yes is my reply. :)

Under Article IV
"(c) In addition to powers granted in the statute of local governments or any other law, (i) every local government shall have power to adopt and amend local laws not inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution or any general law relating to its property, affairs or government and, (ii) every local government shall have power to adopt and amend local laws not inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution or any general law relating to the following subjects, whether or not they relate to the property, affairs or government of such local government, except to the extent that the legislature shall restrict the adoption of such a local law relating to other than the property, affairs or government of such local government:"

New York State Constitution
So that would be a yes?

After studying the state Constitution, it is my opinion that the city can pass laws in the manner they have. I could be wrong, but, yes is my reply. :)
Just waking up... and I don't feel much like digging around in the NY Constitution lol.

Whether or NOT this person violated the LAW? He defended LIFE, as a matter of Course (Life, Liberty, Property[Persuit Of Happiness])...

That being said? AS a Signatory, of the Constitution of The United States?

The Second Amendment, comes into play (and NO KIDS, NOT the Tenth)...

Gun LAWS are UnConstitutional, and therefore by that reckoning? The LAW must side upon the Second amendment, which trumps ANY gun law written by Any State.

For in my view? Un Constitutional, and the LAW must side with the ACT with that weapon, rather than the mere POSESSION of the weapon.

It's fairly simple, and I think the Founders, if alive today would SIDE with the so-called "PERP" because he was defending LIFE, as we are called to do against those that threaten it.

Enough said. I just have seen too much parsing here that makes me really ILL. Wake up people.

How do you come to the conclusion that state gun laws are unconstitutional? As previously mentioned, the II Amendment is a restriction upon the federal government not the individual states.

I don't think there should be gun restrictions. At the same time, the states have the right. If the people of the state don't like the law, they can change their local law and or amend the state constitution.

Whether or NOT this person violated the LAW? He defended LIFE, as a matter of Course (Life, Liberty, Property[Persuit Of Happiness])...

Gun LAWS are UnConstitutional, and therefore by that reckoning? The LAW must side upon the Second amendment, which trumps ANY gun law written by Any State.

For in my view? Un Constitutional, and the LAW must side with the ACT with that weapon, rather than the mere POSESSION of the weapon.

It's fairly simple, and I think the Founders, if alive today would SIDE with the so-called "PERP" because he was defending LIFE, as we are called to do against those that threaten it.

Enough said. I just have seen too much parsing here that makes me really ILL. Wake up people.

How do you come to the conclusion that state gun laws are unconstitutional? As previously mentioned, the II Amendment is a restriction upon the federal government not the individual states.

I don't think there should be gun restrictions. At the same time, the states have the right. If the people of the state don't like the law, they can change their local law and or amend the state constitution.

I explained my rationale. Do you know how to read?

Just waking up... and I don't feel much like digging around in the NY Constitution lol.

Glad to see you were able to get some rest. :)
Well, it was a couple-hour nap before work tonight. Then they called me off :lol:

*sigh*

BTW, I think Kevin makes some excellent points which echo those made by Napolitano regarding natural law vs positivism.

If I didn't know how to read, I wouldn't have been able to respond to your post. If you want to get impudent with me, your post was a grammatical mess. It was a struggle to make sense of what you were trying to convey, given the way you constructed your post.

You gave your opinion, which lacked substance. I would like for you to explain to me per the Constitution, how state gun laws are unconstitutional.

Well, it was a couple-hour nap before work tonight. Then they called me off :lol:

*sigh*

BTW, I think Kevin makes some excellent points which echo those made by Napolitano regarding natural law vs positivism.

Kevin made some good points, in regards to what you spoke of. But, when it came defending his point per the Constitution, he wasn't able to, in my opinion. I understand the position he was arguing from. And in my opinion, it was a patriotic mindset shared by our founding generation, even though said mindset was not written into law. We have to go by what is per the law.

Kevin is a good debater. I enjoyed the debate with him. We disagree on this aspect of the II Amendment legally speaking. But on a personal level, we are in agreement. So, its all good.

If I didn't know how to read, I wouldn't have been able to respond to your post. If you want to get impudent with me, your post was a grammatical mess. It was a struggle to make sense of what you were trying to convey, given the way you constructed your post.

You gave your opinion, which lacked substance. I would like for you to explain to me per the Constitution, how state gun laws are unconstitutional.

As I suspected? You're pretty DENSE. No surprise.

As I suspected? You're pretty DENSE. No surprise.

A sure sign someone is losing the debate, is when they start with the insults.
I am not dense. Will you be continuing on with the insults, or will you engage in substance debate? If it is the former, I won't waste my time. If it is the latter, lets get to it. You haven't actually made a substantive retort, in regards to state gun laws being a violation of the Constitution of the United States.

per the 14th amendment, can a city tell people what they can and cannot print? how they can and cannot worship?

Do you think I'm arguing FOR gun control at the state level?

maybe not
:lol:

IMO, the 14th incorporates the BoR to the state level. Why SCOTUS hasn't recognized this (regarding the 2nd) is beyond me.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Last edited:

*sigh*

Thank you. I assume you're talking about Judge Andrew Napolitano? I enjoy his work quite a bit.

Forum List

Back