Heroin is a far greater threat to America than ISIS

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
With the advent of legal Marijuana the Mexican drug cartels are converting Pot farms to Poppy farms and dumping cheap black tar heroin into the US via Texas and Arizona. The addictiveness of this drug is literally "one and done". Shoot up once and they got you. There is no other drug that compares in terms of devastation to a person a family or a community. This problem is exploding among 18 to 24 year olds and no one is talking about it.

Black tar heroin is deadly. That might explain the recent spike in heroin deaths.

One would think the drug dealers wouldn't sell something that so reduced the possibility of repeat customers.

AR-140229681.jpg&ExactW=620

"Almost a year ago, 21-year-old Shane Gibson died in Durango, where he had grown up. In January, the son of U.S. Sen. Mark Udall was arrested on charges of heroin possession.

"On Feb. 2, actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was discovered dead in his New York apartment.

Enlarge photo
About heroin
What is heroin?: Heroin is a highly addictive drug. It was invented in 1874 by British scientist C.R. Alder Wright by altering the morphine molecule, which is found in the opium poppy.

"Where does heroin come from?: Traditionally, heroin production has centered in the poppy fields of Afghanistan, which produced 87 percent of the world’s raw opium in 2004.

"But increasingly, Mexico is a player. Mexico’s production of heroin increased sixfold from 2007 to 2011, meaning Mexico now is the second-largest opium producer in the world..."

"Smoking heroin is known as 'chasing the dragon...'”

The Durango Herald 02 25 2014 Heroin epidemic not skin deep

Why isn't this story getting wider attention?

HSBC Judge Approves 1.9B Drug-Money Laundering Accord - Bloomberg

With the advent of legal Marijuana the Mexican drug cartels are converting Pot farms to Poppy farms and dumping cheap black tar heroin into the US via Texas and Arizona. The addictiveness of this drug is literally "one and done". Shoot up once and they got you. There is no other drug that compares in terms of devastation to a person a family or a community. This problem is exploding among 18 to 24 year olds and no one is talking about it.
Just legalize it.

We don't need those that can't handle it anyway.

Another reason why marijuana legalization is a disaster making the drug epidemic get worse and worse.

Heroine usage has been going up since the early 80's. Obviously pot legalization has had a negligible impact on data since it wasn't legal. It's been legal for barely 2 years in one state and less than 1 year in another.

I would argue that readily available Marijuana would reduce the likelihood of people getting introduced to the dangerous black market of illegal drugs and so they're less likely to ever encounter heroine. But by all means support the status quo of skyrocketing usage of drus QHC. :rolleyes:

Hell - nearly everything is a bigger threat than isis. A mundane thing like drunk drivers kills thousands of americans every year. So do texting drivers and speeders.

Another reason why marijuana legalization is a disaster making the drug epidemic get worse and worse.

Heroine usage has been going up since the early 80's. Obviously pot legalization has had a negligible impact on data since it wasn't legal. It's been legal for barely 2 years in one state and less than 1 year in another.

I would argue that readily available Marijuana would reduce the likelihood of people getting introduced to the dangerous black market of illegal drugs and so they're less likely to ever encounter heroine. But by all means support the status quo of skyrocketing usage of drus QHC. :rolleyes:

An enormous increase in heroin on the streets means an enormous increase in heroin use. It's pretty simple, and the increases in heroin will continue if more states legalize marijuana.

An enormous increase in heroin on the streets means an enormous increase in heroin use. It's pretty simple, and the increases in heroin will continue if more states legalize marijuana.
I'll agree with you that, obviously, more heroine supply will lead to more heroine use. I'll disagree that it's because of legalization. Which has barely existed in the timeline of increasing heroine supply.

The last thing the cartels want is marijuana legalization in the U.S.

I'll agree with you that, obviously, more heroine supply will lead to more heroine use. I'll disagree that it's because of legalization. Which has barely existed in the timeline of increasing heroine supply.

The last thing the cartels want is marijuana legalization in the U.S.

The cartels won't just give up and will move into stuff like kidnapping Americans.

Latest mexican racket - Kidnap kids and sell the organs. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Heroin is dangerous for the same reason meth is.

Alchoholics and addicts will always have problems with whatever they try to moderate, so those people are excluded from the point I'll make.

Those two substances are exceptionally dangerous because they have little potential for recreational use, and they are acquired in widely varying forms, and most of them are dirty.

There should be taxpayer sponsored , fully funded rehabilitation and recovery programs for these folks.
And then psychological counseling, free education, and job training...

Just well, because theyre owed.

Forum List

Back