🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey mods can you at least leave a map?

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
What the Hell?

Bad enough you think threads need managing on related topics. Many times they are looking at different aspects of a subject. But then to merge them with no link to finding them in another thread without a guide is ridiculous. If you can't provide passage to where it went leave it alone.

<steps of soapbox>

I don't want to wade through bs to find the particular aspect of a topic I want to discuss. But if you are going to make me, it better have a direct easy to find link.

What the Hell?

Bad enough you think threads need managing on related topics. Many times they are looking at different aspects of a subject. But then to merge them with no link to finding them in another thread without a guide is ridiculous. If you can't provide passage to where it went leave it alone.

<steps of soapbox>
If your thread was merged, there should have been a redirect to take you to it.

What the Hell?

<steps of soapbox>

Wasn't my thread. There are no links if you just want to post. Serious flaw.

By the way, this is why I rarely start a thread. Too often some troll comes along and a mod drags it into the rubber room or it gets merged. Fine, I'll just post in other threads.

What the Hell?

<steps of soapbox>
Heh-heh-heh, are you kidding? We can't have gif avi's but we can have a pop up window to see all the interesting forum titles and advertisements awaiting our attention..

What the Hell?

<steps of soapbox>

It wasn't your thread because it was merged with one that was older and had been posted first. Someone beat you to it and so now your thread is just another reply in an older thread.

Meaning your thread is dead, Fred.

It wasn't your thread because it was merged with one that was older and had been posted first. Someone beat you to it and so now your thread is just another reply in an older thread.

It wasn't my thread, because I didn't start it. The problem I am addressing is, how do I find it? Mods leave no trail. You break it, you fix it.

It wasn't my thread, because I didn't start it. The problem I am addressing is, how do I find it? Mods leave no trail. You break it, you fix it.

If it wasn't your thread then what the hell are you bitching about it for?

I'm guessing you may know this already after 57,000 posts here but you can keep track of your history - easy. Just go to your profile page and click on 'postings'. It shows your entire history, and also under postings you can scroll to the bottom and click on 'find all threads by saveliberty' and it will show all the threads you ever started. And anyone can search anyone else's post history and so on.

I'm guessing you may know this already after 57,000 posts here but you can keep track of your history - easy. Just go to your profile page and click on 'postings'. It shows your entire history, and also under postings you can scroll to the bottom and click on 'find all threads by saveliberty' and it will show all the threads you ever started. And anyone can search anyone else's post history and so on.

I appreciate the help, but as I said, I did not start the thread. I found it and read it, then I wanted to post, but it was closed and moved. There was no forwarding location given. Thanks

I appreciate the help, but as I said, I did not start the thread. I found it and read it, then I wanted to post, but it was closed and moved. There was no forwarding location given. Thanks

Ok if you tried to go back to it and you couldn't get to it then it was removed or locked for moderation. I've seen that with a post or even a thread. I use my own history to look back on them and I go to view any updates and the thread is gone. It was deleted or locked out of our sight. There is no forwarding location. It's gone.

Ok if you tried to go back to it and you couldn't get to it then it was removed or locked for moderation. I've seen that with a post or even a thread. I use my own history to look back on them and I go to view any updates and the thread is gone. It was deleted or locked out of our sight. There is no forwarding location. It's gone.
One of my brothers was an FA-18 mechanic in the Marines ( retired in Hawaii now but still works on small planes in Honolulu )

Ok if you tried to go back to it and you couldn't get to it then it was removed or locked for moderation. I've seen that with a post or even a thread. I use my own history to look back on them and I go to view any updates and the thread is gone. It was deleted or locked out of our sight.

This one was moved, my point is why not give a link, so you can have a discussion? I am not interested in being directed to the beginning of some frankenstien thread made up of 2-20 combined threads. Now I have to wade through pages of posts I have no interest in to get where I want to post.

Why do this?

1. It saves posters time.
2. It allows posters to focus on what they want, making the board more enjoyable.
3. Probably increases postings, since posters are where they want to be.
4. Because no one really wants to scroll over a bunch of troll posts.

What the Hell?

<steps of soapbox>

We used to leave Mod Messages in merged threads. Giving posters the time of merge and how many.. But because members generate 11 "what is a wall" comment threads a day, and refuse to put "comments" into EXISTING threads -- we don't have the time for that anymore. In fact, we're closing/trashing a whole bunch of weak "me too" threads every day now.

It all sorts out in a matter of hours.. And we do NOT by policy merge mature threads or threads with a substantially different angle..

On discussions of "a wall" or "shutdown shut shows", there's enough ON TOPIC latitude in moderation to accomodate ANYTHING vaguely related. No need to have folks frantically running from thread to thread to post the same retorts and engage in the same battles.

Bad enough on a GOOD day that y'all talk past each other and can't be honest or genuine, ---- but on a BAD day, it sounds and looks like "whack-a-mole" when you read the Politics/Current listings. Worse when you try to read thru threads. Because folks aren't even TRYING to engage in discussion. They are just in a running battle on the SAME TOPIC in 2 or 4 threads on the same topic...

One thing. If people would actually follow the Rules, especially where it says to look to make sure the topic is not already posted, then we would not have to merge them.
We're just here to clean it up. :eusa_angel:

But why bother to merge them at all? If peeps wanna jump from thread to thread, let 'em. It actually creates more posts = ad revenue. Like Save, I've lost threads and have just walked away when one gets merged into a behemoth cluster that is no more than a war zone. Poor threads will die their own death, good ones can flourish - but not if they get merged into failure.

Plus, it's less work for the mods. Does the merging work really add anything? My opinion is that it has a negative overall effect.

Forum List

Back