hidden partition. how do i reload my comp?

please tell me about entering boot menu and set up menu

this is the last time i will tell you.

you have to shut down your computer after putting the 1st recovery disk into the appropriate drive. then your computer is in OFF position.

then you put it in ON position by pushing the power button.

then sit back.

*reads a few posts*

What you want to do is this: take it to someone who knows what the fuck they're doing before you end up having to buy a new machine.

I don't try to fix cars 'cause I know nothing about them. It sounds like you should stop touching the computer until a tech has taken care of it.

what do you mean restart?? i know the hidden partition is there.

In all seriousness, take your computer to a repair shop if you don't know how to find the recovery partition. Even if you were walked step by step on how to "find" it, you'd still be presented with options that you wouldn't understand and then you'd have to have a professional repair your computer anyway.

This is why I don't do tech support over the phone.

dude, she has the recovery disks and just needs to put them in.

i basically agree. and i usually say: install ubuntu, but in this case a little encouragement could go a long way.
- in ruining her machine forever, yes.

Unless you're going to physically sit down with the Op and have a 'Computer 101' class, the OP needs to stop fucking around with the computer before (s)he breaks it.

If you ever need cardiac surgery, PM me and I'll walk you through it.
What's that you say? You don't think you'd be capable of doing that yourself even with expert advice?
Exactly!

:lol:

cardiac surgery and re-installing windows.

oooooooooooooh, the computer will be destroyed.

not even sarahgop can destroy the computer with restarting it while using the recovery disks.

i found this. can this help?

Hidden partition

its easy to say take to a repair shop. and i would do that if it was free. please look at that site and see if it makes sense.

are you saying put the disc in while im using the comp, then turn the comp off, then turn the comp back on? can you simply list the steps?

Hidden partition

its easy to say take to a repair shop. and i would do that if it was free. please look at that site and see if it makes sense.

are you saying put the disc in while im using the comp, then turn the comp off, then turn the comp back on? can you simply list the steps?

"put the disc in while im using the comp, then turn the comp off, then turn the comp back on?"

that is exactly what i am saying.

forget about the hidden partition.

Holy mother of...

[[[[[[[ STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER ]]]]]]]]]

[[[[[[[ UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE FROM THE COMPUTER ]]]]]]]

[[[[[[ TAKE COMPUTER TO A COHERENT TECHNICIAN, OR SOMEONE WHO CAN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS]]]]

[[[[ THAT IS ALL, HAVE A GOOD DAY ]]]]]]]]]]

Holy mother of...

[[[[[[[ STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER ]]]]]]]]]

[[[[[[[ UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE FROM THE COMPUTER ]]]]]]]

[[[[[[ TAKE COMPUTER TO A COHERENT TECHNICIAN, OR SOMEONE WHO CAN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS]]]]

[[[[ THAT IS ALL, HAVE A GOOD DAY ]]]]]]]]]]

yeah, the computer could explode, right?

shut up, idiot.

Hidden partition

"put the disc in while im using the comp, then turn the comp off, then turn the comp back on?"

You will surely be rewarded by the grace of God for your saintly patience.
But...this has to be a joke...I mean c'mon...you tell him to shut power off and turn back on and he asks for step by step instructions...this can't be real.
If it is...:eek:

Hidden partition

You will surely be rewarded by the grace of God for your saintly patience.
But...this has to be a joke...I mean c'mon...you tell him to shut power off and turn back on and he asks for step by step instructions...this can't be real.
If it is...:eek:

yeah, it is mind-boggling. but she actually linked to the page where all the answers are.

i don't like this "hey you could destroy it" line.

Hidden partition

You make certain assumptions regarding his boot order.

My machine, for instance, boots from HDD0 first, unless I hit any key when prompted to[upon detection of bootable removable media)

Look! It's been explained 6 or 8 times. If you haven't grasped if so far, it's beyond your capabilities. What you said in your last post is essentially correct, but once you do that, you will be faced with several choices you are not capable of making. You will likely fuck up your computer with your limited knowledge just the same as you would fuck up bypass surgery if I tried to walk you through it.

Hidden partition

You make certain assumptions regarding his boot order.

My machine, for instance, boots from HDD0 first, unless I hit any key when prompted to[upon detection of bootable removable media)

already addressed and as you have already seen, it has to be kept simple. baby steps

Forum List

Back