High school half time show that promoted killing police officers.

they are proud to be anti-police
criminals are their heroes!
Mbrown
KScott
ASterling
FGray
EGarner
ASmith
etc
all criminals and/or career criminals
they have HUGE protests FOR these jackasses

And this is what happens when you allow things like kneeling in front of the flag while the Anthem is being played. They already promoted that hatred on a national level. Now at a local level, they are going to advance their message by taking it to the next step.
..it also teaches the kids---so they will grow up to hate law and order/police
..so you have the self destructive culture cycle over and over

I'm sure some on the left will chime in and say that the coverage had nothing to do with politics. But if it were white kids from a Christian school doing the same thing, and Fox didn't report on it, what would the left be saying about Fox?

This is a sad, disturbing example of how some young blacks are being radicalized by the far left. That band director should have been fired the next day.

Did they report it and Google shift it to the rear of the line, I don't know. Did they report it at all? I don't know. I didn't have time to go through ever page.

If our media wasn't so biased, so far left, it should have been right under the reporting of Brett Kavanaugh. The MSM stories should have been front and center on page one. So then I just went to Google news. Notta. Not one article on the story.

Your line of thinking is inconsistent. Let's hypothesize for a moment that more liberal sources did report it. That reporting would likely reflect a liberal bias, right? So, if Google was also trying to promote liberal bias, it would be far more effective to promote the liberal bias reporting of MSNBC than the conservative bias of Fox News.

The far more likely truth is that these other sources didn't cover the story at all, and Google is only returning Fox News because Fox is the only major news source that has covered it so far. That still seems to reflect the biases of these various news outlets. I'm not sure Google really has the ability to alter rankings and results to reflect content bias. A computer can't read a web page and evaluate whether its meaning implies secondary ideas that would be favorable to liberal or conservative ideas. Weighting sources of content known to reflect a bias one way or another is quite easy, but specific content would probably be impossible.

Did they report it and Google shift it to the rear of the line, I don't know. Did they report it at all? I don't know. I didn't have time to go through ever page.

If our media wasn't so biased, so far left, it should have been right under the reporting of Brett Kavanaugh. The MSM stories should have been front and center on page one. So then I just went to Google news. Notta. Not one article on the story.

Your line of thinking is inconsistent. Let's hypothesize for a moment that more liberal sources did report it. That reporting would likely reflect a liberal bias, right? So, if Google was also trying to promote liberal bias, it would be far more effective to promote the liberal bias reporting of MSNBC than the conservative bias of Fox News.

The far more likely truth is that these other sources didn't cover the story at all, and Google is only returning Fox News because Fox is the only major news source that has covered it so far. That still seems to reflect the biases of these various news outlets. I'm not sure Google really has the ability to alter rankings and results to reflect content bias. A computer can't read a web page and evaluate whether its meaning implies secondary ideas that would be favorable to liberal or conservative ideas. Weighting sources of content known to reflect a bias one way or another is quite easy, but specific content would probably be impossible.

Of course they have the ability to do anything they want:

Europe has fined Google $2.7 billion for manipulating search results

FTC report reveals how Google manipulated its search results (update)

But even if Google is on the level, the MSM is not. These kids are promoting the idea of holding our law authorities hostage with guns and inferring death.

Every time Republicans introduce possible policy change, the left are the first to bring up the children. Decrease food stamps. What about the children? Drug tests for people on welfare. What about the children? Closing off our borders and deporting illegals. What about the children?

Putting on a show of holding a gun on a SWAT officer, now no concern about the children, many of whom are in the stands.

Onto the specific content here, the information provided does not support the claims of the thread title, and the OP conveniently omitted the fact that the halftime show as based on a movie. It seems like the performance was depicting a hostage situation breaking out in a hospital, not the killing of police.

Another piece of information that does not seem to be available at the moment, is whether this performance was recently implemented, or whether this was the band's ongoing halftime show for the season. School band halftime shows aren't slapped together overnight, and usually involve months of planning and preparation. I would be amazed if a high school marching band had the proficiency to first plan a complete choreography program, learn the choreography, then learn all the music, all in a matter of one week.

There seems to be more to this story that has the potential to impart significant nuance. Was this all part of the plan since the beginning of the season and they only now have completed preparations for this portion of the program? Was this a last minute alteration to the band's existing program? Was this meant to be part of a misguided attempt to reflect the community's recent pain?

As soon as I saw the picture i went that explains it!

Blacks have been targeting police for assassination and doing it for years. Then celebrating it.

Oh and by the way, free Mumia.

Onto the specific content here, the information provided does not support the claims of the thread title, and the OP conveniently omitted the fact that the halftime show as based on a movie. It seems like the performance was depicting a hostage situation breaking out in a hospital, not the killing of police.

Another piece of information that does not seem to be available at the moment, is whether this performance was recently implemented, or whether this was the band's ongoing halftime show for the season. School band halftime shows aren't slapped together overnight, and usually involve months of planning and preparation. I would be amazed if a high school marching band had the proficiency to first plan a complete choreography program, learn the choreography, then learn all the music, all in a matter of one week.

There seems to be more to this story that has the potential to impart significant nuance. Was this all part of the plan since the beginning of the season and they only now have completed preparations for this portion of the program? Was this a last minute alteration to the band's existing program? Was this meant to be part of a misguided attempt to reflect the community's recent pain?

Maybe it's been a while since I went to any high school football games, but I've never seen one where they act out some play. Usually it has to do with cheerleaders or a marching band.

And even if this was some play, they couldn't have performed it without using a toy gun pointed at an officer?

As soon as I saw the picture i went that explains it!

Blacks have been targeting police for assassination and doing it for years. Then celebrating it.

Oh and by the way, free Mumia.

Of course it is. I live in a black neighborhood and hear these idiotic rap songs all the time. Several occasions where I heard the lyrics of killing police officers.

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant is condemning a high school band for a football halftime performance that he said was “unacceptable in a civilized society.”

Many are saying the performance Friday night by the band from Forest Hill High School depicted students dressed as doctors and nurses pointing toy guns at SWAT team members prone on the ground, WLBT-TV reported.

Bryant issued his condemnation Saturday in a tweet.

The performance was held at the high school in Brookhaven where two police officers were killed in the line of duty Sept. 29 responding to a call of shots fired, the station reported

Brookhaven’s mayor said the band director was placed on administrative leave, the station reported.

Mississippi governor condemns high school band’s halftime show

So I found this story on Facebook and wasn't too sure of it's authenticity due to the fact I never heard of the site before. So I did a Google search, and while I only went through three pages of articles, only Fox news reported it. No CNN, no MSNBC, no CBS or ABC.

If we allow left-wing media to bury stories of kids dressed up as doctors and holding police hostage during a football game, what else are they hiding from us that we don't know?

That's why you watch Fox news.

High school band director suspended for depiction of killing police, school apologizes
Forest+Hill+School+band+controversy.jpg

Credit: WJTV 12
Posted: Sat 2:59 PM, Oct 06, 2018

By: Tara Thomas | WJTV 12
October 6, 2018

JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) -- The Forest Hill High School band director from Jackson, Mississippi is suspended from his duties, the mayor says, after provoking public outrage at Friday night’s halftime show.

The Forest Hill High School Band is receiving national criticism for their performance at a game with Brookhaven High School, when they pointed guns at students laying on the ground, dressed as law enforcement, days after two Brookhaven Police officers were shot to death.

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant responded Saturday, tweeting “This is unacceptable in a civilized society. Someone should be held accountable.”

This is unacceptable in a civilized society. Someone should be held accountable. MDPS releases statement regarding Forest Hill band performance at Brookhaven High School, calls it “highly inappropriate”
The Jackson School District apologizes for their halftime show, saying the act was based on “the movie John Q,” which depicts a hostage situation, according to a press release from the school.

School superintendent Dr. Errick Greene said “I want to offer my deep and sincere apologies for the performance by the Forest Hill High School band during Friday’s football half-time show in Brookhaven.

"JPS has a great deal of respect and appreciation for our law enforcement partners,” Greene said. "The band’s performance does not depict the values and people in our community, and was incredibly insensitive to the students, families, law enforcement officials and the entire Brookhaven community. For this we sincerely apologize to all, and we pledge to do better in the future.”

“We have taken some initial actions in response to this matter, and you have my commitment that we will investigate it fully and take additional appropriate action with respect to procedures and personnel,” Greene added.

For the original story, click here.

That is insane! There is no excuse that would cover for this. People need to lose their jobs over this one

So Google is omnipotent? Are they God?

Come on, now. They don't have the ability to do whatever they want. Obviously they have the ability to manipulate search results, just like a baker has the ability to manipulate cake results. Google is the one designing their own search algorithms. What I'm saying is there isn't any effective way to intentionally program algorithms to yield biased results based on latent biases expressed in the content, compared to other biases expressed while talking about the same subject matter. They would, instead, have to program their algorithms to apply weighted favor (or disfavor) to the entire source.

In other words, it would look something like this:

if source(FoxNew) {
rank() = rank*0.8​
};

If source(Msnbc) {
rank() = rank*1.2​
};​

Of course they do. They do it all the time. Gues. You just don’t happen to search anything but what they do promote.

Come on, now. They don't have the ability to do whatever they want. Obviously they have the ability to manipulate search results, just like a baker has the ability to manipulate cake results. Google is the one designing their own search algorithms. What I'm saying is there isn't any effective way to intentionally program algorithms to yield biased results based on latent biases expressed in the content, compared to other biases expressed while talking about the same subject matter. They would, instead, have to program their algorithms to apply weighted favor (or disfavor) to the entire source.

if source(FoxNew) {
rank() = rank*0.8​
};

If source(Msnbc) {
rank() = rank*1.2​
};​

So what? If they can do it, they can do it. Facebook did the same thing and so did Twitter.

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant is condemning a high school band for a football halftime performance that he said was “unacceptable in a civilized society.”

Many are saying the performance Friday night by the band from Forest Hill High School depicted students dressed as doctors and nurses pointing toy guns at SWAT team members prone on the ground, WLBT-TV reported.

The performance was held at the high school in Brookhaven where two police officers were killed in the line of duty Sept. 29 responding to a call of shots fired, the station reported

Brookhaven’s mayor said the band director was placed on administrative leave, the station reported.

So I found this story on Facebook and wasn't too sure of it's authenticity due to the fact I never heard of the site before. So I did a Google search, and while I only went through three pages of articles, only Fox news reported it. No CNN, no MSNBC, no CBS or ABC.

If we allow left-wing media to bury stories of kids dressed up as doctors and holding police hostage during a football game, what else are they hiding from us that we don't know?

Boring local news

Boring? A stadium filled with school kids and seeing this is boring local news?

I think Americans all over the country are sick of the left promoting violence--especially on our police officers.

But since this is boring local news, what if they did the same thing only depicting the victims as gay people? How about transgender people? Or if it were white actors, doing the same thing to minority victims? Would it be boring local news then?
It certainly is boring local new, Mr. PC police.

if source(FoxNew) {
rank() = rank*0.8​
};

If source(Msnbc) {
rank() = rank*1.2​
};​

Nope. I've often heard Google spin this and being a techie, I've caught the nuanced "lie". Their claim is that their "search products" do not have any inherent political bias built into them.

Well of course, most large S/W efforts don't have "built in bias" either. BUT -- most every FEATURE of these platforms is "user configurable". Meaning that it can be INSTANTLY tuned to guide preference in listings. Simply by "retraining" the algorithms by offering sample listings and JUDGING the resultant listing. The system LEARNS to be biased based on humans "correcting" it's choices..

There may also be TONS of "user settings" and "filters" that can be "customized" and changed on a whim by literally 100s of people maintaining the product.

No doubt the game's in play. Compare your Google searches for political topics to Bing and you'll see the diff.

Actually, NONE of the cable news channels does news anymore. It's the Daily Outrage. You have 1000s being swallowed up in earthquake liquified ground in Indonesia --- NOT A PEEP. The head of InterPol gone missing in China --- NOT A PEEP.. We are being made into stupid sheep.

I TRY to watch cable news. But more and more, there are about 4 talk radio shows, (local or just small syndication) where I get MORE in an hour, than a full day of boob tube news provides. And LINKS to stories these folks cover. They put it all out there for discussion. Just like USMB does.

At least THEN -- you know enough to go digging thru the dumpster for more on that story that only 2% of America heard today. Like I heard about this story. Knew some of the details, but had NOT gone to look at the pix.

It's appalling. I know that "music education" was underfunded. But now I'm wondering what "music education" really MEANS in Public Schools lately. Is it "Street Theater 102" ?? What music was playing while all this drama was being acted out?

Boring local news

Boring? Really? WOW, slow day at the laundromat?

But since this is boring local news, what if they did the same thing only depicting the victims as gay people? How about transgender people? Or if it were white actors, doing the same thing to minority victims? Would it be boring local news then?

Did you actually read your own article, which stated that the routine was taken from the Movie "John Q", where a man takes a hospital hostage when they won't operate on his daughter.

but the white aggreivement pack will read something that isn't there.

Actually, NONE of the cable news channels does news anymore. It's the Daily Outrage. You have 1000s being swallowed up in earthquake liquified ground in Indonesia --- NOT A PEEP. The head of InterPol gone missing in China --- NOT A PEEP.. We are being made into stupid sheep.

I TRY to watch cable news. But more and more, there are about 4 talk radio shows, (local or just small syndication) where I get MORE in an hour, than a full day of boob tube news provides. And LINKS to stories these folks cover. They put it all out there for discussion. Just like USMB does.

At least THEN -- you know enough to go digging thru the dumpster for more on that story that only 2% of America heard today. Like I heard about this story. Knew some of the details, but had NOT gone to look at the pix.

It's appalling. I know that "music education" was underfunded. But now I'm wondering what "music education" really MEANS in Public Schools lately. Is it "Street Theater 102" ?? What music was playing while all this drama was being acted out?

Well that's why I never watch live TV. I DVR everything. That gives me the ability to skip all the garbage I don't need to hear about and get to the little bit of good stuff they have on.

Leftists are always talking about how Fox is fake news, but at least they report the news the real fake news doesn't report.

Did you actually read your own article, which stated that the routine was taken from the Movie "John Q", where a man takes a hospital hostage when they won't operate on his daughter.

but the white aggreivement pack will read something that isn't there.

Yeah, I know Joe. They just happened to pick this "play" that shows a cop with a gun held on him. And when did they start doing plays at halftime? I don't remember ever seeing that. Again, halftime entertainment was always cheerleaders, the marching band or both. And if it was so innocent, why did the band director get suspended?

This is a sad, disturbing example of how some young blacks are being radicalized by the far left. That band director should have been fired the next day.
What's far more disturbing to me is the reaction to this. Or, more accurately, the lack of reaction.

This should tell you all you need to know about what is coming.

Forum List

Back