Hillary as the Candidate of same old same old in Brexit Trouble

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
The successor of a two-term president is as safe as a president running for a second term. Derailments for both are a short list:

A party split.

A foreign policy disaster.

An economic downturn.

Brexit qualifies for the last two and the planned demonstrations of Sanders supporters at the convention site may qualify for the third. This is not necessarily the kiss of death with Trump's negatives but it is very bad. It is likely to get worse quickly with Spanish elections this Sunday.

The successor of a two-term president is as safe as a president running for a second term. Derailments for both are a short list:

A party split.

An economic downturn.

Brexit qualifies for the last two and the planned demonstrations of Sanders supporters at the convention site may qualify for the third. This is not necessarily the kiss of death with Trump's negatives but it is very bad. It is likely to get worse quickly with Spanish elections this Sunday.

The successor of a two-term president is as safe as a president running for a second term.

What does "successor of a two-term president" mean?

A party split.

An economic downturn.

What we are seeing is a division spin off. There will be two EU's.
One blue chip {Britain and Spain}
And one common. {Greece and Germany.}

A party split.

An economic downturn.

How low did the dow close today? I've been too busy with work and now cooking Caribbean Jerk wings on the grill to look.

A party split.

An economic downturn.

What we are seeing is a division spin off. There will be two EU's.
One blue chip {Britain and Spain}
And one common. {Greece and Germany.}
Two of which are WORTHLESS lol

A party split.

An economic downturn.

How low did the dow close today? I've been too busy with work and now cooking Caribbean Jerk wings on the grill to look.

A party split.

An economic downturn.

It was relatively mildly down since the US is a safe haven trade.

I love it!!! The slack jawed blunt skulls pontificating on Europe when they haven't even traveled outside of jesusland or flyover country and don't even own a passport

A party split.

An economic downturn.

A party split.

An economic downturn.

So it will be erased in a few weeks then? I don't see this as a problem for her unless it spirals.

A party split.

An economic downturn.

-607 if I recall. It's no big deal. The rich will be buying on Monday - getting richer.

Last edited:
DF, I read it differently Northern countries like Norway and Sweden are likely to follow the UK.

The southern tier PiGS are likely to form a separate monetary union.

And I am clueless to the rest.

I love it!!! The slack jawed blunt skulls pontificating on Europe when they haven't even traveled outside of jesusland or flyover country and don't even own a passport

Sonny, I have been from one end of Europe to another and back again at least 15 times. I worked in Israel for a year. I served in Southeast Asia. And for the record, I was born in Lancashire England to an Air Force Officer.

Where the have you been Gomer?

A party split.

An economic downturn.

-607 if I recall. It's no better g deal. The rich will be buying on Monday - getting richer.
That is not "mildly" down lol. Op you smokin Crack?

A party split.

An economic downturn.

A party split.

An economic downturn.

So it will be erased in a few weeks then? I don't see this as a problem for her unless it spirals.
That's the problem a 3% drop in a major currency crisis is suspiciously mild.

Still posting like a DeSoto in a Cadillac world?

A party split.

An economic downturn.

-607 if I recall. It's no better g deal. The rich will be buying on Monday - getting richer.

Betcha a wooden nickel that by Wednesday, it will be back in positive territory.

A party split.

An economic downturn.

Betcha a wooden nickel that by Wednesday, it will be back in positive territory.
That's a lot of confidence there sir. A whole wooden nickel?

A party split.

An economic downturn.

That is likely wrong. the US is a safe haven.. As soon as Europe bottoms that money leaves the US to go bargain hunting in Europe.

DF, I read it differently Northern countries like Norway and Sweden are likely to follow the UK.

The southern tier PiGS are likely to form a separate monetary union.

And I am clueless to the rest.
Its going to be a class division. Heavy vs light debt load. The richer countries will form their own EU without the burden of others over whelming debt.

This is a very familiar pattern.

Progress is leaving the uneducated behind. Their world is changing, they're scared and confused. Their nation is being increasingly integrated into a more modern, technologically sophisticated global economy. Their skills aren't needed.

This makes them vulnerable to radical politicians promising a return to past glory.

This is what Hitler did. He promised to save the German people from outsiders who were imposing foreign norms on their culture and economy. He promised moral renewal, and a return to borders, language, culture.

Thankfully, the Brits will not descend into barbarism, but - ironically - failed Leftism has taught us that history is unkind to dumb/scared people who believe in easy top-down solutions to complex problems.

Fear over the loss of one's country and racial/social/cultural identity to modernizing and globalizing forces is a real thing, but Britain's current form of crude nationalism is being stoked by cynical politicians whose simplistic isolationism is going to hurt the people who voted for it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back