Hillary Clinton: Donald Trump 'Becoming ISIS's Best Recruiter'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
She said Trump's rhetoric is sending a message to the world "that there is a clash of civilizations."

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton went after Donald Trump during the Democratic presidential debate Saturday night, saying he is hurting the U.S. fight against terrorism with his anti-Muslim rhetoric.

"He is becoming ISIS' best recruiter," she said. "They are going to people, showing videos of Donald Trump insulting Islam and Muslims in order to recruit more radical jihadists."

Trump recently called for a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" in the wake of terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California. While his comments were extreme, some of his GOP presidential rivals have gone nearly as far.

"The first line of defense against radicalization is in the Muslim American community -- people who we should be welcoming and working with," Clinton said.

"I worry greatly that the rhetoric coming from the Republicans, particularly Donald Trump, is sending a message to Muslims here in the United States and literally around the world that there is a clash of civilizations, that there is some kind of Western plot or war against Islam, which then, I believe, fans the flames of radicalization," she added.

Clinton later invoked Trump again in her response on how to take on ISIS.

"If you're going to put together a coalition in the region to take on the threat of ISIS, you don't want to alienate the very countries and people you need to be part of the coalition," she said.

Trump has said his plan to fight ISIS is to essentially bomb the bejesus out of them.

I totally agree! Trump is alienating the entire Muslim world - including American citizens.

yeah if only we be nice and understanding. It is not like Muslims don't have 50 straight years of global terrorism history or anything, all the way back to that jackass murdering rapist Mo who wrote the book on kill or convert we just have to be nicer. We would not want to insult them or anything. Kiss off HRC. Go back to Bill and count foundation money you lying sack of crap.

She said Trump's rhetoric is sending a message to the world "that there is a clash of civilizations."

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton went after Donald Trump during the Democratic presidential debate Saturday night, saying he is hurting the U.S. fight against terrorism with his anti-Muslim rhetoric.

"He is becoming ISIS' best recruiter," she said. "They are going to people, showing videos of Donald Trump insulting Islam and Muslims in order to recruit more radical jihadists."

Trump recently called for a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" in the wake of terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California. While his comments were extreme, some of his GOP presidential rivals have gone nearly as far.

"The first line of defense against radicalization is in the Muslim American community -- people who we should be welcoming and working with," Clinton said.

"I worry greatly that the rhetoric coming from the Republicans, particularly Donald Trump, is sending a message to Muslims here in the United States and literally around the world that there is a clash of civilizations, that there is some kind of Western plot or war against Islam, which then, I believe, fans the flames of radicalization," she added.

"If you're going to put together a coalition in the region to take on the threat of ISIS, you don't want to alienate the very countries and people you need to be part of the coalition," she said.

Trump has said his plan to fight ISIS is to essentially bomb the bejesus out of them.

I totally agree! Trump is alienating the entire Muslim world - including American citizens.
and if she agreed with trump you would have said...."I totally agree!"......you go which ever way they point you....

yeah lets believe someone who was training and arming ISIS,,,,good plan.......I wouldnt be surprised if she had a muslim all lined up to slaughter some people just to spew her talking point

She's right. You don't want to piss off all of islam unless you want to fight all of islam. Trump is nuts.

They took down two 110 story buildings (twice) over 10 year period. they have been blowing up innocents across the ME since forever. And now you think we don't want to upset "them"? We upset.

Correct.

Correct.

Worthless.

It could also be said when they see us pretending they don't exist, being afraid to use the word ISLAM, being more and more accommodating to Muslims within our country, blaming Christianity equally whenever Islamic violence is mentioned..... that those things are also a great recruiting tool for them.

They can tell their followers, - look how weak the infidels are, they are ours for th taking, they don't even believe in their own religion-

If you want to defeat a wolf, you have to think like a wolf. We are a huge herd of sheep, we're so big that that little pack of wolves can never defeat us, but they are still wolves and circle looking for sheep that are weak. If you happy with being picked apart and letting the wolves inside the sheep pen, just stick with Hillary. She has on clue what she's doing

The world doesn't need Trump to send them a message. There IS a clash of civilizations. This one and the one that is still rooted in the 14th Century. Pretending the clash doesn't exist will not make it go away.

Wonder what hilly thinks is driving their current recruitment......

She probably repeats what her advisors tell her to say. Thats my guess. Donald puts his foot in his mouth at times but at least you get what he's thinking

Forum List

Back