Hispanic Outreach Director Explains Why He Said ‘Adios’ to the GOP

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
The RNC’s guy in charge of reaching out to Florida Hispanics has bolted for the Dems. Pablo Pantoja talks to John Avlon about the racist immigration report that was the final straw.

Pablo Pantoja is a decorated Iraq war vet who began his brief career with the GOP by volunteering for John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign and serving as field director for Marco Rubio’s triumphant 2010 senate campaign. He says he was originally drawn to the GOP “because of my business-minded mentality. Fiscal issues are important for all families—Hispanics and non-Hispanics.”

But a recent anti-immigration report from the right-wing think tank Heritage Foundation sent the Puerto Rican–born Pantoja heading for bluer pastures this week. Not only did the paper tally the cost of immigration form at an absurdly high $6.3 trillion, but its author, Jason Richwine, was found to have written an overtly racist dissertation in 2009 that labeled American immigrants as having lower IQs than those of white natives.

we the republicans/tea party/conservatives aren't racists.

everyone else who calls us racists are racists. that is the new talking point, now repeat after me.....:tongue:

Wow, one author of one report used by the Heritage Foundation represents the entire GOP.

Does it hurt to be that stupid?

The RNC’s guy in charge of reaching out to Florida Hispanics has bolted for the Dems. Pablo Pantoja talks to John Avlon about the racist immigration report that was the final straw.

Pablo Pantoja is a decorated Iraq war vet who began his brief career with the GOP by volunteering for John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign and serving as field director for Marco Rubio’s triumphant 2010 senate campaign. He says he was originally drawn to the GOP “because of my business-minded mentality. Fiscal issues are important for all families—Hispanics and non-Hispanics.”

But a recent anti-immigration report from the right-wing think tank Heritage Foundation sent the Puerto Rican–born Pantoja heading for bluer pastures this week. Not only did the paper tally the cost of immigration form at an absurdly high $6.3 trillion, but its author, Jason Richwine, was found to have written an overtly racist dissertation in 2009 that labeled American immigrants as having lower IQs than those of white natives.

Good riddance to bad garbage.

The $6.3T figure is over 20 years and it's about how many social entitlement dollars they will suck out of our economy.

Truth hurts some more than others
:eusa_hand:

(My bold)

So this part is true? If so, Heritage Foundation, the GOP & Conservatives in general have much bigger problems than the defection of one campaign director. If getting to know the GOP & its ideology results in even managerial cadre (Hispanics, Asians, Black, Jewish, non-Christian, etc.) throwing over the party & bolting for the nearest exit - then @ this rate, in 10-12 years, there won't BE a national GOP.

It's debatable whether the demise of the GOP would be a good thing or not - I think that there needs to be competition for voters' allegiance @ the state & national level - a party too long entrenched goes lax, loses its ideological moorings & becomes too interested in its own self-perpetuation.

I've always regarded Heritage F. as simply a sock puppet, bought 'n' paid for by the Koch bros., Coors, Amway, Blackwater & the Rightists generally. It didn't occur to me that there were genuine KKK holdouts buried in the wainscoting. Reminds me of those stories of Imperial Japanese soldiers still surfacing from time to time in God-forsaken little islands in the Pacific, blinking into the 21st century ...

Richwine has resigned after his embarrassing writings on how Hispanics have such low IQs. Guess he doesn't think highly of Rubio or Ted Cruz.

The $6.3T figure is over 20 years and it's about how many social entitlement dollars they will suck out of our economy.

Oh how it must suck to be a half dead cracker in America today!!:laugh2::laugh2:

Richwine has resigned after his embarrassing writings on how Hispanics have such low IQs. Guess he doesn't think highly of Rubio or Ted Cruz.

What these bitter old crackers don't realize is that minorities will be changing their depends and feeding them baby food in a few short years :clap2::clap2:

If he needs to be coddled and spoon fed his own regurgitation he belongs with democrats.

Oh how it must suck to be a half dead cracker in America today!!:laugh2::laugh2:

Do tell

:fu:

Forum List

Back